Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

13 Years Ago Today (3/16/94)

Started by hydrophonic, March 16, 2007, 12:02:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrophonic

QuoteOn March 16 1994, during a WCW European tour, Foley and Vader had one of the most infamous matches in wrestling history in Munich, Germany. Foley began a hangman, a spot where a wrestler's head is tangled between the top two ring ropes. The spot is usually painful but safe. However, unbeknownst to Foley, a wrestler (2 Cold Scorpio) had earlier complained that the ropes were too loose, resulting in the ring staff tightening the ropes to the maximum. As Foley struggled to pull himself out, he tore his ear off completely. He underwent surgery later that day to reattach the cartilage from the ear to his head, so that a total reconstruction would be possible in the future. Later that year, Cactus Jack and Kevin Sullivan were scheduled to win the tag team titles at Slamboree 1994. Foley had to choose between reattaching his ear or wrestling in the PPV and winning the titles. Foley chose to wrestle and won his only championship in WCW. Foley has said several times that he was frustrated by WCW's reluctance to work a storyline around losing his ear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Foley
"The future sucks." "Change it."

rasorback4life

Grean job hydro.  I use to love Foley.  I haven't liked anything he has done in a while. 
Mediocrity Rules!!!

Big Papa Satan

In his book, Foley also said that he went through amputation depression as a result of losing his ear.

I'd never even heard of such a thing the first time I read it.

jbcarol

In one sense Mick Foley was the Evander Holyfield of wrestling.  In another sense he was the Jim Bouton of wrestling (but with higher sales numbers).
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net