Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How injuries impact things

Started by Oklahawg, March 24, 2005, 11:33:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these players had their impact improved the most by recent injuries to other players?

Pedro Feliz (Bonds hurt)
2 (66.7%)
Latroy Hawkins (Borowski hurt)
0 (0%)
Kaz Ishii (Trachsel out)
0 (0%)
Juan Gonzalez (Gerut rehabbing)
0 (0%)
Alex Sanchez (Baldelli rehabbing)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Oklahawg

Lots of possibilities but these were the first to come to mind. The list of Cubs relievers who are positively impacted is lengthy--I can see Dusty Baker running out 3-4 guys trying to find a real closer in Borowski's absence.

Another bullpen situation is interesting. In Arizona Greg Aquino--not exactly a rock-solid closer--is just now getting up to speed, Jose Valverde is ailing in multiple ways and they are now trying to figure out if Brandon Lyon or Brian Bruney gets more serious attention.

Thoughts? Additional options?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra