Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Series...

Started by El Dog Hog, March 08, 2005, 10:56:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

El Dog Hog

Who ya got?

Who ya got?

Im going Fish and the YANKEES. Yanks in 6

Why Florida: Pitchting and some nice hitting to go along with very very good base running. And they also have Carlos Del-GOT IT.

Why the yanks: Pitching. Simple. Wright is good enough to start on some teams, but he's the yanks #3 guy. They get better at 2B with wommack and also they have Giambi back at 1B. Jeter, A Rod, Sheff, Giambi, Godzilla, Bernie baseball... man, thats tough. Plus they got someone to replace tom "flash faded" gordan. O yeah and they have Riveria.

Im not even sure they play boston in the ALCS. Im going out on a limb here and saying... the rangers. yes, the rangers. You heard it here first. Ok, maybe not the rangers, but I dont think Boston will be there.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: El Dog Hog on March 08, 2005, 10:56:35 am
Who ya got?

Who ya got?

Im going Fish and the YANKEES. Yanks in 6

Why Florida: Pitchting and some nice hitting to go along with very very good base running. And they also have Carlos Del-GOT IT.

Why the yanks: Pitching. Simple. Wright is good enough to start on some teams, but he's the yanks #3 guy. They get better at 2B with wommack and also they have Giambi back at 1B. Jeter, A Rod, Sheff, Giambi, Godzilla, Bernie baseball... man, thats tough. Plus they got someone to replace tom "flash faded" gordan. O yeah and they have Riveria.

Im not even sure they play boston in the ALCS. Im going out on a limb here and saying... the rangers. yes, the rangers. You heard it here first. Ok, maybe not the rangers, but I dont think Boston will be there.
Better be careful on that assessment ... Jaret Wright might have had a flash in the pans season last year and NYC is tough place to follow it up, also could be a tough year for Pavono.  As for my WS pick I haven't decided yet, I'll get back at you on that one. 

razormatt

AL Contenders:

Minnesota
Anaheim
Yankees
Boston

I'd be shocked if those weren't the 4 playoff teams.

Oakland, Cleveland, and Baltimore could contend, maybe Seattle also.

NL Contenders:

Florida
STL
Chicago
Atlanta
Dodgers
Giants

There are 6 options for 4 playoff spots.   

Cards vs Yanks.  Winner is whoever gets homefield advantage in the stupid all-star game.

WindyCityHog

Ho-hum in the AL.....Yankers v. Red Sox in ALCS, and Yanks to win it.  Why?  Loaded at most every position, and Steinbrenner is miffed about last year....That ego will go out and add what he can by the trading deadline....First $300 million payroll....Whatever it takes.

The NL (who plays REAL baseball) is a tossup....for now.  I like the Cards to win the Central, Florida to win the East, and the Giants to win the West....that leaves a wildcard, and I think the Flubs, Astros, Mets, Braves, Dodgers, Phillies, and Padres are all good enough to contend (cutting down the list, ain't I)....

WS Champ...The Yanks >:(

Oklahawg

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Twins
AL West: Angels
AL Wildcard: A's
AL CS: Red Sox vs Angels

NL East: Marlins
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Giants
NL Wildcard: Cardinals
NL CS: Marlins vs. Cubs

WS: Marlins over Angels in 6.

I am more hopeful than honest in my exclusion of the Yankmes. I just think they are old and have nothing to trade when they need to buy replacements. The Cards age concerns me for similar reasons, but they have a few guys to trade if they need to. Cubs and Marlins get where they get due to the rotation; the lack of offense by the Cubbies is what keeps St. Louis close. The Braves and Dodgers will be non-issues this year. Again, maybe more hopeful than honest.

A wildcard in all of this might be the Tigers. They have the cash to spend, the interest in (finally) being competitive and a few serviceable prospects to deal mid-year. I don't know why pitchers wouldn't love Comerica Park. Especially fly-ball pitchers, with the cavernous LC alley. How many times will we hear "cavernous" associated with this park if the Tigers are in it this year?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Razorback Jedi

Angels vs RedBirds

Redbirds in 6