Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB will be gone.................

Started by Tweeter, September 27, 2017, 07:45:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hogblitz on September 27, 2017, 12:12:28 pm
I may be completely wrong but I just do not think he will be outright fired.  CBB is a young coach that will probably want to come out of this thing as clean as possible.  I imagine that he would like to coach somewhere else as a head coach. 
You think if Arkansas fired BB he wouldn't be able to land another well paid job? Holtz, Hatfield, Nutt and Petrino say hi! And yes I know some where not technically fired but they were told they're not welcome to stay.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on September 27, 2017, 11:49:10 am
You know how I know you don't know anything? That 11 million can be paid out over the next 5 years. That is a little over 2 million a year. We don't have to drop 11 million. We just have to make the finances work. There are donors who can help alleviate that problem.

Also if he takes another job it off sets the amount he is paid. So in the end it could literally be nothing.
No, that $11.7m would be paid out over the remaining months in his contract that ends Dec 2020.

hogblitz

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 12:25:50 pm
You think if Arkansas fired BB he wouldn't be able to land another well paid job? Holtz, Hatfield, Nutt and Petrino say hi! And yes I know some where not technically fired but they were told they're not welcome to stay.
The coaches you mentioned had winning records at Arkansas.  I think CBB will be a head coach again somewhere.  Probably a lower level P5 job like Indiana or outside of the power 5.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 27, 2017, 09:46:42 am
Nope.coach B is not going anywhere.in fact after seeing what is going on at Louisville at this time.it looks like the head basketball coach and the AD may have just got fired.Jeff Long saying we are not a win at all cost program,came at just the right time. he is not going anywhere unless he leaves on his own.

You almost have to wonder if Jeff caught wind of something going on beforehand.  It would not be unreasonable to think that an investigator made contact with the UA Athletic Dept. 

Hogist

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 27, 2017, 10:57:47 am
The road is Long with many a winding turn that leads us to who knows where...

Did anyone else read this with the same cadence and inflection as "The night is dark and full of terrors"?

Fan1958

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 09:32:31 am
Excellent thread. It covers a new topic that hasn't been discussed yet and has lots of factual details. This should be stickied.

And all started by folks w/less than 200 posts.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

gchamblee

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 27, 2017, 12:49:19 pm
And all started by folks w/less than 200 posts.

Ya but just remember, they are all die hard hog fans that just now found the site and magically know the posting habits of other members on the site.

IronHog

Quote from: Uncle Remus on September 27, 2017, 11:10:54 am
All I am going to say is this...I have recently visited with a BIG donor and very well known booster for the Razorbacks.  He pulled up the contract for me as well as a text chain between those that open their wallets for the University.  He said that BB leaving after this season was EXTREMELY unlikely due to the buyout and that realistically, we may be with him through next season as well.  He just said that in spite of what is going on within the program as far as wins and losses go, that is the only thing on the current horizon that would necessitate a change.  To come up with over $11 million...which is what it would take effective January 1, 2018 through 2018 is not realistic, nor is the 7 plus million he would be owed after next season.  He said the most likely scenario is that if we are middle of the road the next two years...possibly see a change before the 2020 season.  Again, this is from an individual who has discussions about the track of the program daily...and wields some influence.  He expressed that getting rid of him before 2018 was not in the realm of reality.

🙄

NYJMSU
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

East Clintwood

Quote from: mjsphd on September 27, 2017, 10:31:31 am
I definitely agree.  Having a "clean" program that the Board of Trustees can be "proud" of will be of utmost importance.

It's not an either/or choice.

You can have a clean program and still win ballgames.

Clean doesn't automatically equal a losing program.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

gchamblee

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 27, 2017, 01:20:55 pm
It's not an either/or choice.

You can have a clean program and still win ballgames.

Clean doesn't automatically equal a losing program.

Agree

East Clintwood

Quote from: factchecker on September 27, 2017, 10:58:53 am
Isn't the god of hogville (Petrino) from up North.  I'd consider Montana anything but south.

No, Montana isn't south but it's not north either -  it's west.

We've got screwed up directions in this country.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma