Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremy Gibson out

Started by Deuce Pigelow, December 12, 2017, 03:21:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

not a huge shock there. that was making room for them texas bawz.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Trey1981

Wish him the best. I'm sure it's difficult for recruits to see coaches leave the programs that they are committed to.

That said, let's go find another TX Hog running back.

Flrazrback

JoeHawg

Once a Hog Always a Hog

The_Iceman

Not a huge loss. Best of luck to the kid

EastTNHog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 12, 2017, 03:51:36 pm
Always thought there were better back out there that we could land, wondered why we settled on this kid. That being said, I went back and watched his highlights, and he impressed me more than my initial evaluation. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere, and hope we reel in another RB if nothing else than for depth. I still think LA is key to our recruiting.
Yeah I was curious about this too....LA kid with 0 LA offers doesn't look too good.

Atlhogfan1

Nation's #39 RB.  0 RBs currently committed in the class. 

Texas has the nation's #18, 44 and 61 backs uncommitted. 

Or might get us one them lil APB.  Houston has a 3 star 5-8 175. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Is this the young man who tore his ACL this year?
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

ricepig

We went another direction, and probably will go after an APB if we choose to sign one. We have Whaley, Williams, Hayden, and Hammonds as RB's next year and all should/could be back in 2019. We can also throw in Barkley and Curtis as RB's as they played as much there as other positions in high school.

jackflash

with Gibson going another way. could see Arkansas not offering a RB this year

ricepig

Quote from: jackflash on December 12, 2017, 08:24:19 pm
with Gibson going another way. could see Arkansas not offering a RB this year

We went the other way, but it has the same effect.

Richard Davenport

Uncommon

December 12, 2017, 09:19:10 pm #13 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:47:18 pm by Uncommon
Nm

hawgwash

Quote from: Uncommon on December 12, 2017, 09:19:10 pm
I think we need to.  Only have Hayden, Whaley, and Williams returning next season.
TJ Hammonds?

markrsfan

Maybe we could offer Drew Winn his scholarship. Drew is currently a "preferred walk-on" for 2018

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5553135/drew-winn

Uncommon

Quote from: hawgwash on December 12, 2017, 09:36:24 pm
TJ Hammonds?
Haha.  Gosh dangit.  Forgot to edit that he changed to RB.  Was wondering why people were saying we had enough RBs.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 12, 2017, 03:51:36 pm
Always thought there were better back out there that we could land, wondered why we settled on this kid. That being said, I went back and watched his highlights, and he impressed me more than my initial evaluation. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere, and hope we reel in another RB if nothing else than for depth. I still think LA is key to our recruiting.

Arkansas is 2nd to NONE where RB's are concerned...
Madre Hill, Deangelo Williams, DMAC, Basil Shabazz and many many more...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jgphillips3

I liked Gibson.  I think he is a good back.  However, he is only 5'9" and we already have Hammonds and Hayden in that size range with Whaley and Maleek being a bit bigger.  If we go after a back, it would make sense to go after either an elite back or one with a different skill set than those we have.  Not sure whether he told us bye or we told him to look around, but I wish him well either way.

EastTNHog

I hope the focus on walkons changes under CCM.  Seems like CBB was a little crazy over walkons, and they ended up getting scholarships which took away from the total they could offer to better athletes.

aloha_kid

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2017, 04:34:26 pm
We went another direction, and probably will go after an APB if we choose to sign one. We have Whaley, Williams, Hayden, and Hammonds as RB's next year and all should/could be back in 2019. We can also throw in Barkley and Curtis as RB's as they played as much there as other positions in high school.

Williams is a solid back.  Had David Williams not come in, he would have got some carries this year.  Glad he got his redshirt and a year to acclimate into college life.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3287217/584440b6dfd8b7230c0b581b

aloha_kid

HogFoo

Where did he wind up going to school? I was remunded of him and tried to do a search, but all i see are his old 247s and where he at committed to Arkansas then decommit. Nothing shows the school he went too. I was just curious.thanks
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Paladin_Hog

Quote from: HogFoo on February 24, 2018, 08:27:45 pm
Where did he wind up going to school? I was remunded of him and tried to do a search, but all i see are his old 247s and where he at committed to Arkansas then decommit. Nothing shows the school he went too. I was just curious.thanks
Gibson opted for Southwest Mississippi Community College

http://riverparishfootball.com/news/national-signing-day-takes-on-new-feel-following-early-signing-period

HogFoo

Quote from: RGRHog on February 26, 2018, 08:21:59 pm
Gibson opted for Southwest Mississippi Community College

http://riverparishfootball.com/news/national-signing-day-takes-on-new-feel-following-early-signing-period
thanks. Yeah, i had found a video of him on signing day said he was going there for 1year to prove himself and then try to get back to the SEC.  Which ya know, one sports guy on twitter i saw spoke about the hogs did gibson wrong. Which i felt obligated to ask how did they do that when it was gibson who decommit from Arkansas and had he not done that, he'd probably been aHog, because they still went out and got a juvo RB  Boyd.   Which the guy never responded.  Anyways, thought it was funny. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............