Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you were in full power of Arkansas' schedule, how would it look?

Started by Ben, September 29, 2017, 01:43:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

It's just hypothetical and for fun. I know the issues and roadblocks regarding scheduling. How would your schedule look?

For me, the conference games and cross-divisional games would be the same, except no Missouri as the thanksgiving rival. Texas A&M would also be a regular home and home and played later in the season when they are in full collapse. Auburn might move up earlier in the season.

For the LR games (if we still have them) we would play Arkansas State. As far as Jerry World, I would want to play Texas there every Thanksgiving week annually. If not possible, a simple OOC home and home Thanksgiving rivalry would be fun, while saving the annual trip to Dallas for another Texas team in rotation, say Baylor one year, Houston the next, or SMU etc.

As far as FCS teams, I don't want any. But if there is one, I want a Top 15 FCS program like NDSU, Sam Houston St, JMU, or maybe even UCA. Not the FCS teams who are also bottomfeeders. That doesn't really help in preparing us. 
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

hogsanity

Dear Lord, what did the poor horse do to deserve this beating after he was already dead?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogcard1964

Kansas
South Carolina
UAB
Texas A & M (away from Jerry World)
Texas St.
Auburn
bye
Bama
Winston Salem
Ole Miss
Ouchita Baptist
Miss St
LSU - Friday after Thansgiving

...automatic 7 wins

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

redleg

Eastern Illinois
at Colorado St.
Ole Miss
Alabama
at Texas A&M in College Station
at Auburn
Miami, Fl.
Vandy
open date
LSU
at Miss St.
at Missouri
Arkansas State in LR

North Texas
Colorado St.
at Ole Miss
at Alabama
Texas A&M in Fayetteville
Auburn
open date
at Miami, Fl.
at Kentucky
at LSU
Miss St.
Missouri
Arkansas State in LR

Mo. St.
at Notre Dame
ULM
Ole Miss
Alabama
open date
at Auburn
Georgia
LSU
at Miss St.
at Missouri
Arkansas State in LR
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hogtimes

Quote from: redleg on September 29, 2017, 03:36:19 pm
Eastern Illinois
at Colorado St.
Ole Miss
Alabama
at Auburn
Miami, Fl.
Vandy
open date
LSU
at Miss St.
at Missouri
Arkansas State in LR

North Texas
Colorado St.
at Ole Miss
at Alabama
Texas A&M in Fayetteville
Auburn
open date
at Miami, Fl.
at Kentucky
at LSU
Miss St.
Missouri
Arkansas State in LR

Mo. St.
at Notre Dame
ULM
Ole Miss
Alabama
open date
at Auburn
Georgia
LSU
at Miss St.
at Missouri
Arkansas State in LR

I like the idea of playing  Arkansas State in Little Rock every year.  It would solve the problem of playing one game  there every year and in my judgement be good for the whole state.

Dr. Starcs

King Kong

I would make A&M the day after thanksgiving and schedule for Cupcakes for non conference

DEVIL DOG HOG

Why do any of you want to play ASU in Little Rock?  WMS is not big enough to handle the attendance.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Hogwild

Looking at the future schedules it got me thinking, when was the last time we beat a Power 5 conference team at home (Fayetteville)?

HardCore

What the hell is all of your fascinations with playing Arkansas State?  Let them legitimize their own program without piggy backing off the U of A.  U of A has absolutely ZERO to gain by playing A-State....ZERO! 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Muskliketusk

I'd skulldrag one of the overrated Oklahoma teams every year cuz their are descent recruits in that state we should land. Prolly toss in another easy P5 win like a Duke or UNC or something else out east to get us some exposure out there. Then schedule a G5 to mudstomp right before SEC play, kinda a tune up game. Then let the SEC chips fall were they may.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.