Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnione postgame?

Started by Mark anderson, March 18, 2018, 08:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark anderson

Where can I find it? I haven't seen any comments from him?

philiphog

I, too, am very interested in hearing what he has to say.

SquidBilly

What is there for him to say?  His team just got beat in a way that clearly exposed who the better team was.  These games weren't even close.

MAGA45

Quote from: SquidBiily on March 19, 2018, 08:27:13 am
What is there for him to say?  His team just got beat in a way that clearly exposed who the better team was.  These games weren't even close.

Cole robbing Squires on the first pitch lead off HR to start the series completely changed the series IMHO.
Fake News

philiphog

Quote from: MAGA45 on March 19, 2018, 08:33:37 am
Cole robbing Squires on the first pitch lead off HR to start the series completely changed the series IMHO.

I always enjoy getting other coaches perspectives on our team.

cityhog

Quote from: MAGA45 on March 19, 2018, 08:33:37 am

yup! totally agree. talk about taking the air out of the balloon.

hawg1221

If I'm not mistaken, typically road teams don't have media coverage while home teams do.

ricepig

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 19, 2018, 11:08:32 am
If I'm not mistaken, typically road teams don't have media coverage while home teams do.

Correct, and I don't think any of our local guys bothered to talk to him Saturday night after a long day.

rljjr

From the between-innings interviews he seemed like a nice guy. I would have liked to have heard what he had to say about the series. I think he's a really good coach and will have Kentucky playing well for as long as he is there.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rljjr on March 19, 2018, 12:08:13 pm
From the between-innings interviews he seemed like a nice guy. I would have liked to have heard what he had to say about the series. I think he's a really good coach and will have Kentucky playing well for as long as he is there.
He's done some very bush league things in the past.

philiphog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 19, 2018, 05:21:53 pm

He seems pretty arrogant and cocky to me.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: philiphog on March 19, 2018, 06:08:28 pm
Along the same line, I heard Phil say on the radio that one of the UK assistants came up to one of our coaches and asked who we were pitching on Saturday for the 2nd game. Our lineup hadn't came out yet. The bigger issue was that DVH was standing right there. Instead of asking the guy that has been a head coach for 30 years and has 1000 wins under his belt he asked one of our assistants. All the while, the guy was mean mugging DVH. Pretty bush league. This is just what I heard on the radio. I could have details mixed up. I'd love to hear if anyone can verify.

hawg1221

Well, when you get destroyed like that, feelings get hurt.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: philiphog on March 19, 2018, 06:08:28 pm

Stuff like this cracks me up. Please name a successful baseball coach this does not describe. Even DVH has his moments. Every great one does.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

sickboy

I don't care for Mangione. However, Chuck Mangione plays a helluva flugelhorn.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 19, 2018, 06:15:17 pm
Along the same line, I heard Phil say on the radio that one of the UK assistants came up to one of our coaches and asked who we were pitching on Saturday for the 2nd game. Our lineup hadn't came out yet. The bigger issue was that DVH was standing right there. Instead of asking the guy that has been a head coach for 30 years and has 1000 wins under his belt he asked one of our assistants. All the while, the guy was mean mugging DVH. Pretty bush league. This is just what I heard on the radio. I could have details mixed up. I'd love to hear if anyone can verify.

I think it was Van Horn that asked their asst who they were pitching.  The asst got out of line with him.  The players saw it & got fired up. 

Tony Perkis

Quote from: searkhogfan on March 19, 2018, 07:25:21 pm
I think it was Van Horn that asked their asst who they were pitching.  The asst got out of line with him.  The players saw it & got fired up.
What did their assistant say? I've seen mentions of the situation, but not the full rundown.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: Tony Perkis on March 19, 2018, 07:26:08 pm
What did their assistant say? I've seen mentions of the situation, but not the full rundown.
The way I heard it on the radio was that DVH asked the assistant who they were pitching and the assistant would not tell him. Then as DVH walked back to our dugout the assistant kind smirked at his back all the way back across the field. Players saw it and didn't appreciate it. I also believe it could be a contributing factor to why we never called off the dogs. Act an arse and get it beat.  I think if we could have scored a 100 DVH would have let them. It just common courtesy to tell the head coach who is gonna pitch. 

Tony Perkis

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on March 19, 2018, 08:00:01 pm
The way I heard it on the radio was that DVH asked the assistant who they were pitching and the assistant would not tell him. Then as DVH walked back to our dugout the assistant kind smirked at his back all the way back across the field. Players saw it and didn't appreciate it. I also believe it could be a contributing factor to why we never called off the dogs. Act an arse and get it beat.  I think if we could have scored a 100 DVH would have let them. It just common courtesy to tell the head coach who is gonna pitch.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Hawgzinbowlz

I'm guessing the smirk is gone...The tamekittys have to be wondering what the heck just happened.

" GO OMAHOGS "

searkhogfan

The way I heard it on the radio was that DVH asked the assistant who they were pitching and the assistant would not tell him. Then as DVH walked back to our dugout the assistant kind smirked at his back all the way back across the field. Players saw it and didn’t appreciate it. I also believe it could be a contributing factor to why we never called off the dogs. Act an arse and get it beat.  I think if we could have scored a 100 DVH would have let them. It just common courtesy to tell the head coach who is gonna pitch. 

Yeah,  Guys on the radio said he got smart with him & that was putting it mildly. DVH replied with "Whatever". According to them.. 

pigture perfect

Dumbest thing to do is to purposefully tick off the other team. Angrified momentum goes a long way.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

drizzle

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 19, 2018, 10:57:28 pm
Dumbest thing to do is to purposefully tick off the other team. Angrified momentum goes a long way.

So did most of our hits.

rolyat_2008

Quote from: searkhogfan on March 19, 2018, 10:50:41 pm
Yeah,  Guys on the radio said he got smart with him & that was putting it mildly. DVH replied with "Whatever". According to them..
Right. They also declined do pregame BP on the field but requested and did it in the cage then did pregame in and out before the DH which Arkansas declined for a long day to save energy.

Rather than use the traditional fungo in and out they rolled these machines out for practice.  - https://twitter.com/NWAHutch/status/975076292138762245

Radio also mentioned they wouldn't let the bat/ball girls do anything for them.

Humorous after the CF hit the home run to make it 8-6 in the fifth with his exuberant bat flip and stomp on home plate that they had trailed all 22 innings in Fayetteville and at the end of the game it was all 27 innings.

pigture perfect

Does anyone have video of the bat flip and stomp?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tony Perkis

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 19, 2018, 11:58:45 pm
Does anyone have video of the bat flip and stomp?
Martin has a pretty nice little bat flip after UK's aklinski showed his rear end. I LOL'd.

hawg1221

Quote from: Tony Perkis on March 20, 2018, 07:01:20 am
Martin has a pretty nice little bat flip after UK's aklinski showed his rear end. I LOL'd.

What was wonderful was the fact that the hogs answered with 3 runs in the bottom inning right after that 2 run home run.

philiphog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 19, 2018, 06:31:35 pm
Stuff like this cracks me up. Please name a successful baseball coach this does not describe. Even DVH has his moments. Every great one does.

Okay, I'll be a little more plain for you since you seem hard to understand. I think he's a jerk. Good enough for you?

BroyledNutts

rljjr

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 19, 2018, 05:21:53 pm

Did not realize. The series was my first time seeing him that I am aware of. Thanks for making me aware.

As for the assistant coach -- well, that guy got what was coming to him.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

jbell96

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 20, 2018, 07:43:12 am
What was wonderful was the fact that the hogs answered with 3 runs in the bottom inning right after that 2 run home run.

I was sitting first base side and didn't get to see much of what happened, I was watching the ball on the homer, not Aklinski, so I missed the bat flip, and didn't see the plate stomp because of the UK players waiting on him. I did see him exchange words with Grant, and heard booing by people that saw it, then a friend watching at home texted me and my other friend about what happened. Made the bottom of the 5th that much more enjoyable. :)

Jaxhog

March 20, 2018, 06:34:17 pm #32 Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:49:00 pm by Jaxhog
Big props to the guy running the music between batters.  He played "Careless Whisper" the next time Alinski came up to bat.  Well played music man!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Jaxhog on March 20, 2018, 06:34:17 pm
Big props to the guy running the music between batters.  He played "Careless Whisper" the next time Alinski came up to bat.  Well played music man!

He also played the Barbie song one time for his at bat ... I fell out ...
Jon Williams is his name, of Jon/Deek show and radio fame ...

jbell96

jbell96

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 20, 2018, 09:11:54 pm
He also played the Barbie song one time for his at bat ... I fell out ...
Jon Williams is his name, of Jon/Deek show and radio fame ...

Yeah the Barbie song about killed me, and Careless Whisper was definitely a nice touch in the 9th.

hogfan14

Quote from: Jaxhog on March 20, 2018, 06:34:17 pm

I loved the video on the big screen of the woman destroying the record for the USC and Texas games. Played California Love for USC and Deep in the Heart of Texas for the Texas series.

Our presentation stuff is pretty creative, makes a fun atmosphere even better