Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for New AD to Step Up

Started by maggiesue, March 16, 2018, 05:13:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

raz1965

Still waiting for a good evaluation of how the team will be better the next 3 years if Mike were fired today. I suppose The evaluation would be so terrible no one wants to take the challenge. The A.D has to consider so much an keeping Mike  of now is the only logical thing to do. This silly stuff about reaching the ceiling is outrageous negative predictions. Players play , therefore players win an lose, get enough talent with the right chemistry an mentality the Razorbacks can excel under the current leadership, but tell me how a new coach coming in as of now is good for the program, if you can sell the ideal with real logic fire away.

maggiesue

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2018, 09:57:39 pm
What do you know,another garbage fire Mike Anderson thread by the same haters. this is a trash thread that should be in the trash can.cry and whine all you want.Mike Anderson will be the coach here next year.

You know what I hate Joe....crap basketball....that is what you get with no coaching.  Play good basketball and I can live with losses....play bad basketball in every facet of the game, and as a true Hog fan, I want a change!  7 years of crap basketball is ridiculous.

rude1

Quote from: liljo on March 17, 2018, 10:03:07 am
Wow. Let's tell the highest rated recruiting class we've had in years, all of 'em SIGNED, not just Committed, that they can take a hike. All six of 'em. Just re-open their recruiting, as they are free to go. Along with the six departing seniors, that'll certainly make for an appealing place for a new coach to come in. He (or she, of course) would be guaranteed to start completely over, rock bottom. You want to "clean house", well, that'd sure do it! And with our increasingly hostile fan-base, we should be looking at having a winning program in, oh, say, 5-7 years. Maybe.

See you are misinformed, there are two standards here. The first being "highly rated", the second being "highly rated for Mike Anderson". The class fits the second bill not the first, which means it's nothing to be overly optimistic about. It's the type of class that if you had your foundation in place you could win with them. It's NOT the type of class that can come in and be the foundation of the program.

bvillepig

Quote from: SONofHAM on March 16, 2018, 10:10:38 pm
I'm ready for a change.  But I think the new AD will give him another year.
I'm ready for a change in the board. Wish it would get back to what it used to be instead of the never ending barrage of posts that have driven away the ones who actually knew basketball and football

USChog

I guess UVA should fire their coach.

No. You don't fire a coach who just made the NCAAT.

If he doesn't make it next year his seat gets hot, but not now.

PonderinHog

Quote from: USChog on March 17, 2018, 03:07:51 pm

Wouldn't be the first time.

raz1965

When an if the coach is replaced it has to be done at the right time an under correct circumstances, I am about the program prevailing who ever the coach may be, but logic must be folllowed.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on March 16, 2018, 07:52:01 pm
That is the assumption.  Might be true.  Might put the new AD and more on the hot seat next year.

New AD on hotseat??? What are you smoking?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

code red

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 16, 2018, 10:51:39 pm
Bottom line. Don't take 7 years to build a good B.B. team

No SEC titles
2 NCAA wins. Warford and Seton Hall
3-4 top 25 rankings in 7 years

Fact is MA ceiling won't get higher, is there a better coach that would return us to glory? I don't know. We have the B.B. facility, and everything we need for elite recruits, but we really are still a sub par average team. CMA lacks true point gaurd and players still lack fundamental teaching. I just do t see us making any runs at SEC or NCAA titles with this staff
Agreed.  Mike can't develop basketball players.  The product on the floor is bad.  Arkansas goes as the 3 pointers go down.  When they don't?  It's hard to watch. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 17, 2018, 04:44:47 pm
New AD on hotseat??? What are you smoking?

Similar to the responses I got when posting that Jeff Long should be fired.

Jek Tono Porkins

Well we fired Stan Heath after he made the tournament. Making the tournament is not some enormous accomplishment. You're one of the 64 best teams in America. *golf clap* That's like saying "You don't fire a football coach after he made a bowl game.

It's about body of work. Sure, Mike made the tournament. Great. Was losing to LSU twice acceptable? Was that horrendous showing against Houston acceptable? Was coming out utterly unprepared for Butler acceptable? Particularly when you have six seniors on the team, two of the best three point shooters in the conference, and a future draft pick in the post?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

99toLife

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on March 17, 2018, 11:39:38 pm
Well we fired Stan Heath after he made the tournament. Making the tournament is not some enormous accomplishment. You're one of the 64 best teams in America. *golf clap* That's like saying "You don't fire a football coach after he made a bowl game.

It's about body of work. Sure, Mike made the tournament. Great. Was losing to LSU twice acceptable? Was that horrendous showing against Houston acceptable? Was coming out utterly unprepared for Butler acceptable? Particularly when you have six seniors on the team, two of the best three point shooters in the conference, and a future draft pick in the post?

Jeez JEK we are only paying Mike around $2,500,000.00 a year what do you expect for that, Lighten up! He's trying his best  ;)

oldbooniehog

Good thing Arkansas didn't fire Stan Heath just days after he made his 2nd NCAA tournament at Arkansas, right?

RacinRazorback

Quote from: GuvHog on March 17, 2018, 10:54:37 am
Would you consider Billy Donovan good??

I would take Billy everyday and twice on Sunday as our headcoach! Sign him on!!

hawgtime

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 16, 2018, 10:51:39 pm
Bottom line. Don't take 7 years to build a good B.B. team

No SEC titles
2 NCAA wins. Warford and Seton Hall
3-4 top 25 rankings in 7 years

Fact is MA ceiling won't get higher, is there a better coach that would return us to glory? I don't know. We have the B.B. facility, and everything we need for elite recruits, but we really are still a sub par average team. CMA lacks true point gaurd and players still lack fundamental teaching. I just do t see us making any runs at SEC or NCAA titles with this staff

I agree.  This was our year to get it done and we didn't.

Hawg Red

The AD has no reason to fire Mike Anderson right now.

Now, this disappointing tournament result + declining attendance + missing postseason this team next year might give him a few years to move on. Probably won't but Mike would definitely be on the hot seat after that. He's not going to get fired for just disappointing in the tournament. He's going to get fired for not putting butts in the seats, missing the tournament and not doing anything when he does get in the tournament. Still got a little ways to go, even if we do know that he's not going get the job done in regards for NCAA tournament success.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 19, 2018, 03:32:44 pm
The AD has no reason to fire Mike Anderson right now.

Now, this disappointing tournament result + declining attendance + missing postseason this team next year might give him a few years to move on. Probably won't but Mike would definitely be on the hot seat after that. He's not going to get fired for just disappointing in the tournament. He's going to get fired for not putting butts in the seats, missing the tournament and not doing anything when he does get in the tournament. Still got a little ways to go, even if we do know that he's not going get the job done in regards for NCAA tournament success.

For not selling tickets maybe.  We don't seem to care if anyone shows up in those sold seats or not.  Plus football and SEC revenue from it pays a larger % of the bills these days anyway. 

You kind of describe a program held hostage.  Remember when our fans felt this way about our football program?  That went well. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: maggiesue on March 16, 2018, 05:13:26 pm
Said it before and will say it again...Einstein's Theory of Insanity says "You want different results but don't change the way you do things."  Mike is a good guy but should be coaching an AAU team....this is the ceiling on bad basketball!

Let's clean the house and get a coach who can coach!  For those of you content with this bad basketball and Coach Anderson, watch the tournament play out and see how the teams that advance play fundamentally vs. the street ball Anderson plays.....it is obvious!
Go fly a Kite.  Anderson is doing a damn good job here.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hawgwild15

Anderson is not doing a good job here. 7 years and just 3 tournament appearances, not making it out of the first weekend! He's not even good at running his own style of basketball. His first couple of years here, we ran the "fastest 40", there weren't very many times down the floor where the shot clock got below 20, but now we're just dribbling out the shot clock on every single possession and then throwing up a wild shot. The defense hardly ever causes any problems for the opposing team, the press is an absolute joke. I'm still waiting on someone to take up for his decisions in the tournament game this year. We're down 21-2 and playing his man defense that doesn't work, but instead leaves two shooters wide open every trip down the floor, so he finally decided to switch to the matchup zone and it worked and we got back into the game, but what does he do? He switched right back to the man defense and the game got away from us again. Mike is a good guy, but he's not a good coach. Heath, who by the way improved every year he was here...got canned after 4 years. Why are we so okay with how Anderson is performing? He can't recruit either! In year 7 we shouldn't be in the position we're going to be in next year, we're not going to be a good basketball team, and just. Two years ago we went 16-16 in his 5th year? How is that okay? He's supposed to be building a program, but his inability to recruit quality basketball players puts us in a position where we have a couple good years then a bad year, couple good years then a bad year, but even the good years aren't that good. This team this year underachieved and that's on Mike. People that say the players did this and that are missing the point. He is the coach, and if they were doing something wrong or something that wasn't working it's his job to change it. Arkansas basketball is never going to be good under Anderson. We'll be a first round/weekend exit every time we're in the tournament under him. Maybe next year though right?

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hawgwild15 on March 19, 2018, 04:34:03 pm
Anderson is not doing a good job here. 7 years and just 3 tournament appearances, not making it out of the first weekend! He's not even good at running his own style of basketball. His first couple of years here, we ran the "fastest 40", there weren't very many times down the floor where the shot clock got below 20, but now we're just dribbling out the shot clock on every single possession and then throwing up a wild shot. The defense hardly ever causes any problems for the opposing team, the press is an absolute joke. I'm still waiting on someone to take up for his decisions in the tournament game this year. We're down 21-2 and playing his man defense that doesn't work, but instead leaves two shooters wide open every trip down the floor, so he finally decided to switch to the matchup zone and it worked and we got back into the game, but what does he do? He switched right back to the man defense and the game got away from us again. Mike is a good guy, but he's not a good coach. Heath, who by the way improved every year he was here...got canned after 4 years. Why are we so okay with how Anderson is performing? He can't recruit either! In year 7 we shouldn't be in the position we're going to be in next year, we're not going to be a good basketball team, and just. Two years ago we went 16-16 in his 5th year? How is that okay? He's supposed to be building a program, but his inability to recruit quality basketball players puts us in a position where we have a couple good years then a bad year, couple good years then a bad year, but even the good years aren't that good. This team this year underachieved and that's on Mike. People that say the players did this and that are missing the point. He is the coach, and if they were doing something wrong or something that wasn't working it's his job to change it. Arkansas basketball is never going to be good under Anderson. We'll be a first round/weekend exit every time we're in the tournament under him. Maybe next year though right?
We could always go back to Pelphrey.  Maybe that will open your eyes.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

MaconBacon

Yeah.  Well Auburns coach should lose a toe and what about Arizona, geez if you were a Virginia fan we would have pull you away from the edge of the bridge.

steveaustin69

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 19, 2018, 04:47:11 pm
Yeah.  Well Auburns coach should lose a toe and what about Arizona, geez if you were a Virginia fan we would have pull you away from the edge of the bridge.

While currently embarrassed I'd be pretty ok with five straight tourney bids, a sweet sixteen, an elite eight, 3 regular season conference championships, and 2 conference tournament championships.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: raz1965 on March 17, 2018, 09:02:26 am
Smart people, tell me this if Mike were fired today, which he want be, please give me your evaluation of the team for the next 3 years, an don't overlook the fact about player transfers an recruit's moving on, and how the national media will tear the reputation of the administration apart for fireing a tourney coach 3 of last 4 years an the perception of future recruits. Ok smart people please tell me how thing will be better.
Are you saying that Mike strategically having woefully unbalanced classes has made him unfireable and bought him 3 more years regardless of what happens? That's genius on Mike's part.Sounds like Nutt's 2 year pass.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on March 16, 2018, 09:47:38 pm
I read that too.  But it's beside the point.  MA needs to be replaced today.  It's on the new AD to make that happen.  If he doesn't then little has changed.

Zero business acumen in posts like this. People like this would bankrupt the university with their Russian Roulette approach to direction.

"If they don't meet my arbitrary timetable then they're all clowns blah blah blah"

Hawgwild15

Hawgwild15

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 19, 2018, 04:39:05 pm
We could always go back to Pelphrey.  Maybe that will open your eyes.

Okay. So that's your response? You didn't state how Anderson is doing a good job. Just spout out an irrelevant response.

hobhog

Quote from: liljo on March 17, 2018, 10:03:07 am
Wow. Let's tell the highest rated recruiting class we've had in years, all of 'em SIGNED, not just Committed, that they can take a hike. All six of 'em. Just re-open their recruiting, as they are free to go. Along with the six departing seniors, that'll certainly make for an appealing place for a new coach to come in. He (or she, of course) would be guaranteed to start completely over, rock bottom. You want to "clean house", well, that'd sure do it! And with our increasingly hostile fan-base, we should be looking at having a winning program in, oh, say, 5-7 years. Maybe.

You have no idea what recruits are thinking or what would happen. They are mostly from Arkansas and would likely come anyway. We have been held hostage by future recruits way too long by posters n here.

maggiesue

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 19, 2018, 04:13:42 pm
Go fly a Kite.  Anderson is doing a damn good job here.

Your definition of good is not my definition of good!  This is not AAU ball....you have to recruit, you have to coach blocking out and rebounding, moving your feet on defense, learning as a "big" to post up down low (the way Eddie Sutton taught Joe Kline), how to shoot free throws, how to attack the basket on offense, how to move without the basketball, how to bring the defense to you and hit the open man, how to substitute in players....lots to it that clearly you don't understand or care about.

Cinco de Hogo

College basketball is a cesspool it's very hard for me to get either excited, or disgruntled enough to want a good man fired from a 20+ win team.  I agree CMA is not a great coach by any stretch of the imagination and there are probably both good men and good coaches out there with higher ceilings.  But it's still hard to want him fired...yet.   However don't think for a minute I can't get there!

hobhog

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 19, 2018, 04:47:11 pm

Wow. No clue about those programs or coaches. Blind MA love.....

SONofHAM

Quote from: bvillepig on March 17, 2018, 02:29:18 pm
I'm ready for a change in the board. Wish it would get back to what it used to be instead of the never ending barrage of posts that have driven away the ones who actually knew basketball and football
hmmm...you seem upset others have a higher expectation of Razorback basketball. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on March 19, 2018, 05:02:36 pm
Zero business acumen in posts like this. People like this would bankrupt the university with their Russian Roulette approach to direction.

"If they don't meet my arbitrary timetable then they're all clowns blah blah blah"

So tell us what you've got, genius.