Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phoenix

Started by Buff, March 11, 2018, 03:31:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Kyle Busch wins the first stage.  Harvick was the faster car at the end, but Kyle already had the big lead.  Hamlin and Larson also looking strong early.

Racinray

Buff

Daniel Suarez is 11th and Mikey likes him to win this.  Mike Joy likes Austin Dillon because he's currently running 9th while their stupid 'Bernie' computer picked him to finish 20th. 

"Who do you think will win this race?"

Fox Analysts:  "Let's pick anyone that hasn't had a moment of dominance in this race."

Buff

Quote from: Racinray on March 11, 2018, 04:26:40 pm
Anybody but Hamlin :puke:

Gonna be Harvick vs. the Gibbs Toyotas.  We're back to last year again, at least for today.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on March 11, 2018, 04:26:40 pm
Anybody but Hamlin :puke:

Busch and Harvick will wreck each other on the last lap and Elliot will win

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 11, 2018, 05:08:28 pm
Busch and Harvick will wreck each other on the last lap and Hamlin will spin Elliot into the wall to win

Fixt to reflect reality

Buff

Richard Childress Racing trying their only strategy - hoping someone can stretch their fuel to the end.

Buff

Hmmm, so they're admitting that the penalty last week likely would not have affected the outcome of the race.

The 4 team's response - get their 3rd win in a row.  He's won 4 of the last 7 now.  And a recent championship.  At least Richard Childress got to put his grandkid in a car.

Nice stat - Harry Gant in 1991 was the last driver 40 or over to win 3 straight. 

ImHogginIt

Nice to see the 10 car with two top 10's in a row. He was almost in top 10 in the first two races. That girl would have run mid 20's all 4 races

Buff

And it felt like he was talking to Nascar when he looked in the camera and called out the haters. 

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 11, 2018, 05:43:10 pm
Nice to see the 10 car with two top 10's in a row. He was almost in top 10 in the first two races. That girl would have run mid 20's all 4 races
What a difference a driver makes. First time for all 4 SHR teams in the top 10.

riccoar

Quote from: Buff on March 11, 2018, 05:40:17 pm
Hmmm, so they're admitting that the penalty last week likely would not have affected the outcome of the race.

The 4 team's response - get their 3rd win in a row.  He's won 4 of the last 7 now.  And a recent championship.  At least Richard Childress got to put his grandkid in a car.

Nice stat - Harry Gant in 1991 was the last driver 40 or over to win 3 straight. 
Yep, it was a BS penalty to attempt to scare competitors.  The window brace failed.  Not manipulated, it just failed.  So, no real infraction so they drum up the only one they could find.  Know what it was?  The plate where the pipe exhaust comes out was steel and was to be aluminum as by mid Feb.  That was the only solid infraction on his Vegas car.  I would have been pissed as well.

riccoar

This whole part is Pure Gold but Stewart straight slays NASCAR.

Buff

Harvick set up a perfect softball for Stewart to knock out of the park

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on March 12, 2018, 01:47:00 pm
This whole part is Pure Gold but Stewart straight slays NASCAR.

A shot at the France family that owns the track and who own tracks that holds around 18 or 19 of the 36 races a year. The tracks get most of the tv revenue. That model needs to change

holeinthewall

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 12, 2018, 04:44:14 pm
A shot at the France family that owns the track and who own tracks that holds around 18 or 19 of the 36 races a year. The tracks get most of the tv revenue. That model needs to change

It will change. TV ratings keep dropping. Fewer fans year after year. Ticket prices dropping.  But since it is basically family owned as long as the cash keeps rolling in why change.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 13, 2018, 05:38:41 am
It will change. TV ratings keep dropping. Fewer fans year after year. Ticket prices dropping.  But since it is basically family owned as long as the cash keeps rolling in why change.

They have the guaranteed tv revenue with Fox and NBC for a long time. They need to share that with teams or there won't be many teams around soon

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 13, 2018, 10:06:23 pm
They have the guaranteed tv revenue with Fox and NBC for a long time. They need to share that with teams or there won't be many teams around soon
Doubt that happens.  What they need to focus on is having 1 singular sponsor for NASCAR and then leave every other sponsor open to teams.

ImHogginIt

Lowe's must really be struggling to dump the 48. Did not realize they were in trouble. When I go to our Lowe's there seems to be many customers there.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 14, 2018, 05:13:11 pm
Lowe's must really be struggling to dump the 48. Did not realize they were in trouble. When I go to our Lowe's there seems to be many customers there.
Would not surprise me at all if JJ doesn't call it quits after this year.

Buff

Quote from: Racinray on March 14, 2018, 06:06:33 pm
Would not surprise me at all if JJ doesn't call it quits after this year.

Last year wasn't great by their standards, and this year is off to a crappy start.  What's wrong with him and Knaus?

Warbirdhog

Quote from: Buff on March 14, 2018, 06:14:47 pm
Last year wasn't great by their standards, and this year is off to a crappy start.  What's wrong with him and Knaus?

They need Nascar to bring back the COT for them. Johnson has only won 1 championship ( Carl gifted JJ number 7 when he wrecked Joey and himself in front of JJ) since Nascar shelved the COT after 2010. JJ has certainly contended but not even close to dominating like he did those 5 years with the clone body cars.

Chase Elliot is your new face of HMS.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on March 14, 2018, 06:14:47 pm

I think it is all of Hendrick. They've lost a lot of engineering talent the past number of years and the competition has caught up.

riccoar

This is just numbers on Kahne's car when he was at Hendrick.  Seems I read Johnson's first full time with Lowes was 20 million.
https://racingnews.co/2017/09/21/nascar-sponsorship-costs/

Warbirdhog

Quote from: riccoar on March 15, 2018, 12:00:17 pm
This is just numbers on Kahne's car when he was at Hendrick.  Seems I read Johnson's first full time with Lowes was 20 million.
https://racingnews.co/2017/09/21/nascar-sponsorship-costs/

From what was said this morning on the nascar channel (siriusxm) the numbers for lowes on the 48 are/have been in the 30-36 million yearly level.

riccoar

Quote from: Warbirdhog on March 15, 2018, 12:14:40 pm

From what was said this morning on the nascar channel (siriusxm) the numbers for lowes on the 48 are/have been in the 30-36 million yearly level.
And that has to change.  There are even rumors of NASCAR considering a team cap for spending.