Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Mark Fox

Started by porkrindjimmy, March 10, 2018, 11:46:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

PonderinHog

Tubby may be available soon...

Tusks

He's a victim of the no cheat syndrome.  Guys that don't cheat are getting run over in todays game.

If I were an AD I don't think I'd make a coaching change until the FBI is finished.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Lady Razorback

Quote from: tusked on March 10, 2018, 11:59:35 am
He's a victim of the no cheat syndrome.  Guys that don't cheat are getting run over in todays game.

If I were an AD I don't think I'd make a coaching change until the FBI is finished.

This^^^^^^  +1

Bogghawg

My thoughts exactly.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

raz1965

Seemed to be a great guy but fans want more results so his foreign

raz1965

I would have been shocked had they kept him. Fans expect a lot,  he would have been crucified at Arkansas  long time ago.

Atlhogfan1

This idea was discussed on Atl talk radio this week.  But it's time for Fox to go. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ironhawg

Kevin Ollie is gone from UConn too.

sowmonella

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the short list for HC at Auburn or dare I say Kentucky or North Carolina.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Pudgepork

They won a couple of big games late.  If his recruiting looked in good shape, I thot they'd give him another 2 yrs

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 10, 2018, 01:53:33 pm
Kevin Ollie is gone from UConn too.

That's gonna cost some dough
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 10, 2018, 02:17:48 pm

They're trying to fire him for cause.  I heard it on ESPN radio.  One of the announcers asked "what cause?"  The other said "cause he didn't win enough."

Snout team

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 10, 2018, 02:17:48 pm

They think they have cause related to illegal practices.  Rumors of FBI stuff as well. With Ollie that is.

I agree with the previous poster who said ADs should wait until this FBI stuff is all settled.  Of course the pool of good avaialble coaches may be pretty small at that time
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Pudgepork

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 10, 2018, 02:20:37 pm
They're trying to fire him for cause.  I heard it on ESPN radio.  One of the announcers asked "what cause?"  The other said "cause he didn't win enough."

If that's a just cause, UA shouldn't owe Brett a dime.  Anybody know a good lawyer?

husker71

Georgia could be a very good job with the right coach IMHO.  I could see someone making them a power in the upcoming years

Knot2brite

Fox was very good at Nevada. His style of coaching and his demeanor was good there. He just isn't made to coach at a school like Georgia who only plays basketball because football season is over. He needs to find a mid major that has a interest in basketball ( as much as they have a interest in other sports) and make history at that school.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

sickboy

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 10, 2018, 02:20:37 pm

Isn't there an investigation going on into UCONN? I feel like I heard about some kids and there may be some fire behind some smoke when it comes to a couple kids they were recruiting.

cal34

I'm sick of seeing all these teams with paid players still playing & the media praising them. Hope Fox gets another job and does well, seems like a good guy.

azhog10

Kevin Ollie isn't clean. But Mark Fox is a clean coach. Really good and I think he will find a nice mid major to take to the dance on the usual.

Ironhawg

Quote from: sickboy on March 10, 2018, 09:07:55 pm
Isn't there an investigation going on into UCONN? I feel like I heard about some kids and there may be some fire behind some smoke when it comes to a couple kids they were recruiting.

Yep.  It cracks me up that there is tons of information out there about the NCAA investigation, yet the two talking heads on ESPN never mentioned it once when they were talking about the story.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/03/10/uconn-fires-basketball-coach-kevin-ollie-amid-ncaa-investigation/amp/

MikePiazza

If Georgia gets Tom Crean they will be dangerous by 2021.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

N HOG

Quote from: cal34 on March 10, 2018, 10:00:44 pm
I'm sick of seeing all these teams with paid players still playing & the media praising them. Hope Fox gets another job and does well, seems like a good guy.

Totally agree with this. It makes me sick.

Slater

Was in Springfield last two days, some talk of TJ being a candidate for Missouri State job
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE