Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will former Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson be granted eligibility waiver?

Started by jbcarol, February 26, 2018, 06:04:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Will former Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson be granted eligibility waiver? 3 legal experts weigh in

QuoteSo Miles Bridges gets rubber-stamped in a few hours, while Shea Patterson twists in the wind for months. Say this for the NCAA and its strike zone: It's all over the damn place, but at least it's consistently all over the damn place.

"I still think it's a coin-flip to decide, but I think the NCAA will do the right thing," noted David Ridpath, associate professor of sport management at Ohio University and president of The Drake Group, an advocacy group seeking NCAA academic reform. "Shea Patterson will be available to start for Michigan [this fall]. It's not a guarantee ... that's coming from a common-sense standpoint."

Patterson holds the bag in Ann Arbor, tossing touchdown passes in limbo.

"I guess there's a chance that it could be next month," Ridpath said of an NCAA ruling on Michigan's quarterback, who transferred from Mississippi over the winter in the wake of the Rebels' postseason ban. "Just like in the Louisville thing [last week], I had no idea. It just came up."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net