Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 06:31:39 pm

Anderson's True Record - Average

Started by razorpimp, February 25, 2018, 02:33:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorpimp

So since the Hogs won a very impressive road game against an Alabama team that plays tough at home, the "Anderson Supporters" or Anderson Jock Straps are on the offensive against the "haters"!  Let's just break down Anderson's true record at Arkansas....

I've taken his teams and taken out all the cream puffs that are littered throughout the schedule every year.  I'm not even counting the loss to Mercer.  So basically his non SEC games against teams I think are not really cream puffs (again the mercer loss isn't counting against him), SEC record, sec tourney record, and any post season including NIT.  Let's see what the numbers say
Andersons record for 7 years
Non SEC (non cream puffs) - 13-20
SEC record (some would argue a lot of cream puffs there his first 6 years) 69-53
SEC tourney - 4-6
Post Season 3-3

Non sec non cream puff results
2011-2012
W - none
L - Houston, Uconn, OK
2012-2013
W - OK
L - Ariz St, Wisc, Syracuse, Mich
2013-2014
W - SMU, Minn, Clemson
L - Cal, Gonz
2014-2015
W - Wake, SMU, Dayton
L - Iowa st, Clemson
2015 - 2016
W - Texas Tech
L - Akron, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Wake, Dayton
2016-2017
W - Houston, Texas
L - Minn, OK St
2017-2018
W - Fresno, OK, Uconn, Minn
L - UNC, Houston

With a grand total of 89-82....seems average to me But what do I know. 

Willyboy

You can't just disregard wins because they don't fit your agenda.  That's now how it works.  You're obviously still shook up after that road win last night against an NCAA team.  Don't worry though, Arkansas will lose again this year and then you'll have no problem peddling this kind of garbage. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: razorpimp on February 25, 2018, 02:33:25 pm
So since the Hogs won a very impressive road game against an Alabama team that plays tough at home, the "Anderson Supporters" or Anderson Jock Straps are on the offensive against the "haters"!  Let's just break down Anderson's true record at Arkansas....

I've taken his teams and taken out all the cream puffs that are littered throughout the schedule every year.  I'm not even counting the loss to Mercer.  So basically his non SEC games against teams I think are not really cream puffs (again the mercer loss isn't counting against him), SEC record, sec tourney record, and any post season including NIT.  Let's see what the numbers say
SEC record (some would argue a lot of cream puffs there his first 6 years) 69-53
SEC tourney - 4-6
Post Season 3-3

2011-2012
W - none
L - Houston, Uconn, OK
2012-2013
W - OK
2013-2014
W - SMU, Minn, Clemson
L - Cal, Gonz
2014-2015
W - Wake, SMU, Dayton
L - Iowa st, Clemson
2015 - 2016
W - Texas Tech
2016-2017
W - Houston, Texas
L - Minn, OK St
2017-2018
L - UNC, Houston

But wasn't Petrino's record 21-5?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

razorpimp

Quote from: Willyboy on February 25, 2018, 02:38:10 pm
You can't just disregard wins because they don't fit your agenda.  That's now how it works.  You're obviously still shook up after that road win last night against an NCAA team.  Don't worry though, Arkansas will lose again this year and then you'll have no problem peddling this kind of garbage.

Every Power 5 coach has a great record against cream puffs, Bielema was 14-1 against cream puffs

Randohoggie

SEC tourney - 4-6
Post Season 3-3

2011-2012
W - none
L - Houston, Uconn, OK
2012-2013
W - OK
2013-2014
W - SMU, Minn, Clemson
L - Cal, Gonz
2014-2015
W - Wake, SMU, Dayton
L - Iowa st, Clemson
2015 - 2016
W - Texas Tech
2016-2017
W - Houston, Texas
L - Minn, OK St
2017-2018
L - UNC, Houston

Man, you are desperate. 

pghawg1

What difference does it make, something else for people to bitch about, but what do I know. 

mykidsdad

SEC tourney - 4-6
Post Season 3-3

2011-2012
W - none
L - Houston, Uconn, OK
2012-2013
W - OK
2013-2014
W - SMU, Minn, Clemson
L - Cal, Gonz
2014-2015
W - Wake, SMU, Dayton
L - Iowa st, Clemson
2015 - 2016
W - Texas Tech
2016-2017
W - Houston, Texas
L - Minn, OK St
2017-2018
L - UNC, Houston

Idiotic post. So you are the arbiter of what is a cream puff right? How did YOU determine that. Ok I will play.

I have taken the liberty taking out all the schools that cheat in recruiting as that isn't fair because we weren't on an even playing field. I will even use your little information.

Uconn - cheat.
cuse - cheat
mich - cheat
cal - cheat
ok st - cheat
Iowa st - cheat
UNC x 3 times - cheat
UK x however many times - cheat
Tenn x however many times - cheat
alamaba x however many times - cheat
auburn x however many times - cheat
miss st x however many times - cheat

but as you said, what do you know?

See i can make crap up as well - TROLL

razorpimp

Willyboy

mykidsdad

Quote from: razorpimp on February 25, 2018, 02:42:57 pm
facts are facts

and those are facts - TROLL, or are you one of those that post how you "feel". Go ahead, no one can dispute YOUR truth. Pathetic...

razorpimp

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 25, 2018, 02:42:14 pm
Idiotic post. So you are the arbiter of what is a cream puff right? How did YOU determine that. Ok I will play.

I have taken the liberty taking out all the schools that cheat in recruiting as that isn't fair because we weren't on an even playing field. I will even use your little information.

Uconn - cheat.
cuse - cheat
mich - cheat
cal - cheat
ok st - cheat
Iowa st - cheat
UNC x 3 times - cheat
UK x however many times - cheat
Tenn x however many times - cheat
alamaba x however many times - cheat
auburn x however many times - cheat
miss st x however many times - cheat

but as you said, what do you know?

See i can make crap up as well - TROLL

Bielema was competing against cheaters....should he still be the head football coach?

Randohoggie

facts are facts

Here's a fact, and I didn't need to waste half my Sunday to give it to you ... Arkansas is going to the tournament for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Go cry more about it.

razorpimp

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 25, 2018, 02:44:25 pm
and those are facts - TROLL, or are you one of those that post how you "feel". Go ahead, no one can dispute YOUR truth. Pathetic...

So no argument gotcha

razorpimp

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 25, 2018, 02:45:11 pm
Here's a fact, and I didn't need to waste half my Sunday to give it to you ... Arkansas is going to the tournament for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Go cry more about it.

If your happy with average then enjoy, ignorance is bliss

mykidsdad

Quote from: razorpimp on February 25, 2018, 02:45:24 pm
So no argument gotcha

You must have no life at all. We can all see from your posts that you have no logic powers. You pick 'facts' to support your narative but those arent called facts, those are called opinions, and everyone has those. Poor little person that you are, i feel sorry for you. Oh well, enjoy your little pretend facts as long as you want.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Willyboy on February 25, 2018, 02:44:06 pm
You're cherry picking the facts. 
facts are facts

Fact: Nick Saban never won more than 7 games in a season in his first 4 Year's at Michigan State.
Coach K didn't make the NCAA Tourney until his 4th year at Duke.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

razorpimp

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 25, 2018, 02:45:11 pm

Go cry more about it.

Says the man also on a message board....at least it's raining where I am

forrest city joe

SEC tourney - 4-6
Post Season 3-3

2011-2012
W - none
L - Houston, Uconn, OK
2012-2013
W - OK
2013-2014
W - SMU, Minn, Clemson
L - Cal, Gonz
2014-2015
W - Wake, SMU, Dayton
L - Iowa st, Clemson
2015 - 2016
W - Texas Tech
2016-2017
W - Houston, Texas
L - Minn, OK St
2017-2018
L - UNC, Houston

Pure garbage! have haters like you forgot what Jeff Long told you?Mike took over a dumpster fire. Long said he did not even count the first 3 years.which tells you just how bad it was under your boy Pel. so quit while you are behind hater.the Hogs and Mike Anderson won a big road game at Alabama. and you and other haters can't stand it.ADMIT IT!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

pghawg1

I like to look what the average wins per year a coach has.  Eddie in 11 yrs 23win per yr. Nolan in 17yrs 22 wins per yr.,Health 5 yr 16 wins per yr, Pelphry 4 yrs 17 wins per yr. Mike in 6 years 21wins per yr.  Got this from 2017-18 basketball media guide. Mike is 3rd behind Eddie and Nolan Looks to me that is 3rd Highest average of ALL of the Former Razorback coaches.

AHiD

There are what? 400 D-1 basketball teams? Average would be somewhere between 150 and 250? Just a guess here, but I don't think that Arkansas is outside the top 100 basketball programs  overall in the past 7 years.
My name...is Jerruh

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 25, 2018, 02:50:25 pm
Pure garbage! have haters like you forgot what Jeff Long told you?Mike took over a dumpster fire. Long said he did not even count the first 3 years.which tells you just how bad it was under your boy Pel. so quit while you are behind hater.the Hogs and Mike Anderson won a big road game at Alabama. and you and other haters can't stand it.ADMIT IT!

Joe if you have read any of my posts since the bama game, you will see I have only given props to Mike for a great game plan.  But I also blame him for losses against Kentucky, LSU, etc due to a bad game plan.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Dr. Starcs

Op, you're seriously doing this now after arguably the biggest road win of the season?!

Dear Lord.

Dirty

Quote from: razorpimp on February 25, 2018, 02:59:21 pm
Joe if you have read any of my posts since the bama game, you will see I have only given props to Mike for a great game plan.  But I also blame him for losses against Kentucky, LSU, etc due to a bad game plan.

You really just pick out what you want. 

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

SEC tourney - 4-6
Post Season 3-3

2011-2012
W - none
L - Houston, Uconn, OK
2012-2013
W - OK
2013-2014
W - SMU, Minn, Clemson
L - Cal, Gonz
2014-2015
W - Wake, SMU, Dayton
L - Iowa st, Clemson
2015 - 2016
W - Texas Tech
2016-2017
W - Houston, Texas
L - Minn, OK St
2017-2018
L - UNC, Houston

ASU is lookin for fans. Go troll there.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

cram224

Quote from: razorpimp on February 25, 2018, 02:59:21 pm

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 25, 2018, 02:50:25 pm
Why would you use a quote from somebody that was fired. Come on Joe, surely you have something better than that.

PharmacistHog

I just want to get to the tournament so we might get lucky and make a run. Thats all I care about. Good win yesterday. Should have us set now.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hawgfan4life

Razorpimp is an example of the worst in Arkansas fans.  We are 2 games from the end of the regular season, an NCAA lock, just won a huge road game, and he starts a thread about how average or weak the coach is.  Interjects negative posts in every thread.  Even when he claims to give credit, it is with a disclaimer or a bit of some kind.  Just go be a fan of another team with a coach you like.

Breems

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 25, 2018, 03:14:14 pm
I just want to get to the tournament so we might get lucky and make a run. Thats all I care about. Good win yesterday. Should have us set now.

No kidding.

I don't care if Mike is 24-948 AAC teams when it's raining on Tuesday or that he's 1039834-2 when leading at the half. I want to be solidly in the tournament - ideally without the last 3 games being must wins - and play well there.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

PharmacistHog

I dont worship mike like so many others and am critical of him but he seems to have gotten us to the tournament again so I'll chalk it up as a successful season. Go hawgs!  Close this thing out with a streak and get a good seed so we can make a run.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

WooPigFarm

razorpimp... setting his own argumentative parameters so he can use the word "average"... i love it, ha ha ha

razorpimp doing what you do is quite easy, anyone can do it

raz1965

Nickle-Pig

Quote from: raz1965 on February 25, 2018, 03:42:14 pm
What a silly thread.

indeed

This season reminds me of the 95-96 season... I think we were 18-12 at the end and we went to the sweet 16. finished 20-13
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

Razorback_Mack

I've got some facts....

Number of D1 basketball teams: 337

Number of teams in the 7 best confrences: 84

Number of at large bids to NCAA tourney: 36

Percentage of D1 teams that receive at large bids: 9.37 %

Percentage of teams in the 7 best confrences that receive at large bids: 34%

Number of times Mike has made the tournament in the last 4 years: 3

Randohoggie

Quote from: razorpimp on February 25, 2018, 02:47:19 pm
If your happy with average then enjoy, ignorance is bliss

No comment needed.

orvillesghost

Ill stand on what I have stated since November

They need to win the SEC regular season title or make it past the round of 32 in the tournament. The first is now impossible but still a chance at the second goal.

If we can't do that, we ought to make a change though I realize that won't be done. Just making the tournament isn't enough, at least for me, and neither is finishing anywhere from third to sixth in the league most years.

bvillepig

Anderson is our coach and he is going to be here a while.  Sounds like your going to be miserable for a longtime.

Randohoggie

Quote from: orvillesghost on February 25, 2018, 04:41:10 pm

They need to win the SEC regular season title or make it past the round of 32 in the tournament. The first is now impossible but still a chance at the second goal.

If we can't do that, we ought to make a change though I realize that won't be done. Just making the tournament isn't enough, at least for me, and neither is finishing anywhere from third to sixth in the league most years.

Not sure what the importance is of what you think, but that aside ... 3rd to 6th in most years.  Interesting way to put it.  2014-2015 we finished 2nd.  2016-2017 we finished 3rd.  This year we are in third.  Further, we haven't just "made the tournament."  We won our first game both times and lost close games to UNC in the second round both times, the second of which was against the eventual national champion.  Deep run?  No.  Just making it?  Also no.

Willyboy

Quote from: orvillesghost on February 25, 2018, 04:41:10 pm

Ha!  If you were AD we'd be making a HC change like every two years.  Kentucky is the only school that consistently meets those goals in the SEC.  Arkansas is capable and has been close under MA but hasn't quite got there yet.  Give me a break!

golfinpig

Average is about right. We beat the weaker teams, lose to the really good teams and go about 50/50 against other average teams. If you schedule just enough of the weak sisters and go go .500 against equal teams it will get you close to 20 wins. I guess it's cool if you're happy with that. That being said, if you're not kissing MA's a$$ 24/7 you're a hater.

Randohoggie

Quote from: golfinpig on February 25, 2018, 05:01:10 pm
Average is about right. We beat the weaker teams, lose to the really good teams and go about 50/50 against other average teams. If you schedule just enough of the weak sisters and go go .500 against equal teams it will get you close to 20 wins. I guess it's cool if you're happy with that. That being said, if you're not kissing MA's a$$ 24/7 you're a hater.

A good example of the type of poster that makes this place trash.  If that's what we were doing, we wouldn't be regularly making the tournament.  You're a hater because you make darn up and look at a fake reality in order to complain.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: golfinpig on February 25, 2018, 05:01:10 pm

Then just go away until we get a coach you are happy with and stop spewing your hate on this site.

BoarEd

This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen on the internet.

Lol

It's like saying, "if Michael Jordan didn't average 32 ppg for 14 years straight, you guys wouldn't be calling g him the best of all time."

Lol

razorpimp

Quote from: bvillepig on February 25, 2018, 04:49:10 pm
Anderson is our coach and he is going to be here a while.  Sounds like your going to be miserable for a longtime.

If your prophecy is correct then we will all be miserable for a long time

hoglady

I really don't understand what the complaining is about right now.
We've done exceptionally well the last 10 games - appear to be solidly in the NCAA tournament.
Have a solid recruiting class coming in.

Winning when you get to the tourney has to do with match up as much as anything.
You can play well when you get there and still lose.

Why are so many so miserable???
I don't get it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BoarEd

Or it's also like when you see people talk football and say things like, "if you take away that running back's 80 yard touchdown, and the 65 yard run to the 10, he didn't have a GREAT game."

Lol

Randohoggie

Quote from: hoglady on February 25, 2018, 05:34:52 pm
I really don't understand what the complaining is about right now.
We've done exceptionally well the last 10 games - appear to be solidly in the NCAA tournament.
Have a solid recruiting class coming in.

Winning when you get to the tourney has to do with match up as much as anything.
You can play well when you get there and still lose.

Why are so many so miserable???
I don't get it.

They don't understand why people call them "haters," but this is just it.  Because those same people show up to bitch win or lose.  They are always miserable.

Dirty

Nickle-Pig

Quote from: razorpimp on February 25, 2018, 05:33:12 pm
If your prophecy is correct then we will all be miserable for a long time

misery loves company??
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.