Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So....We are

Started by porkrindjimmy, February 24, 2018, 09:43:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgball40

Quote from: hawg66 on February 25, 2018, 10:22:56 pm
I love how posters get to decide what is objective and what isn't.
Five of six with two of those on the road is not subjective. Those are facts.

Saying Anderson will never win big is opinion. Saying Arkansas will crash and burn in the NCAA tournament is opinion. Don't presume to lecture me about objectivity by giving me your opinions. And don't even try to dismiss me. That's silly. Are you 12 years old?  If so, sorry I upset you. If not, that's sad.
You are cherry picking facts, then get mad when i counter your argument by questioning the caliber of opponent and then claim i'm not being objective. That's hilarious. Are you being objective by ignoring that the 1 loss in that arbitrarily chosen stretch of games was Kentucky, the best team of the bunch? Yeah. Checkmate once more for you. You have nothing. You can cry and whine until the cows come home but i'm right. You know it.

hawgball40

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 25, 2018, 10:23:29 pm
It's college basketball! You should try following it and stop trying to devalue every goid thing about Razorback basketball. There's not one team in the country that hasn't had a bad loss. You deserve it! Just Keep Watching!
I am not trying to devalue anything about the razorbacks(on the contrary, you are overvaluing it, for reasons beknownst only to you, which i don't personally care about). I am simply posting my opinion on the product we are putting on the floor. I am so sorry that this hurts your feelings, and i wish that you could learn to handle criticism in a constructive manner instead of taking it so personally. Just keeping it real. You should try it.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:26:59 pm
I am not trying to devalue anything about the razorbacks. I am simply posting my opinion on the product we are putting on the floor. I am so sorry that this hurts your feelings, and i wish that you could learn to handle criticism in a constructive manner instead of taking it so personally. Just keeping it real. You should try it.
but why always criticize the team no matter what?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawg66

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:25:34 pm
You are cherry picking facts, then get mad when i counter your argument by questioning the caliber of opponent and then claim i'm not being objective. That's hilarious. Are you being objective by ignoring that the 1 loss in that arbitrarily chosen stretch of games was Kentucky, the best team of the bunch? Yeah. Checkmate once more for you. You have nothing. You can cry and whine until the cows come home but i'm right. You know it.
You single out the one loss while accusing me of cherry picking?  This keeps getting better and better. Now I think you're a sock puppet. Skandar is that you?

hawgball40

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2018, 10:28:44 pm
but why always criticize the team no matter what?
I am complimentary of the team often. You only seem to notice when i strike a nerve i guess?

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:12:07 pm
You just can't stand it when someone is objective can you? We're not haters, we speak the truth. And yes bama beat florida, that means nothing. These teams don't exist in a vacuum. They are all quite bipolar. One game we may look like a sweet 16 contender. the next week we get pasted by 20 to LSU. Regardless of our W-L record, when you watch the hogs play we see the same mistakes over and over. sometimes they are corrected, sometimes they rear their ugly head again. let analysts like us analyze, and enjoy yourself while you cheerlead. if it offends you to see the plain truth, then you are not impartial.
You are no analyst. you are nothing more than a Mike Anderson whining crybaby.that's all you do here is whine and cry about Mike. you may as well give it up.Mike is going to be the coach here.and it matters not if you like it or not.

hawgball40

Quote from: hawg66 on February 25, 2018, 10:29:16 pm
You single out the one loss while accusing me of cherry picking?  This keeps getting better and better. Now I think you're a sock puppet. Skandar is that you?
You cherry picked the 5 of 6 stat, i merely pointed out that we lost to the best team in that stretch. a stretch consisting of wins over mediocre and middling teams. I merely pointed out that the best team in that stretch still beat us, and they had been on a 4 game losing streak themselves. But yes, lets pretend that all is well with the hogs. come on now.

hawgball40

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 25, 2018, 10:30:46 pm
You are no analyst. you are nothing more than a Mike Anderson whining crybaby.that's all you do here is whine and cry about Mike. you may as well give it up.Mike is going to be the coach here.and it matters not if you like it or not.
This one is going in my sigline Joe. You are the best troll on this site, by far. +1

hawg66

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:32:31 pm
You cherry picked the 5 of 6 stat, i merely pointed out that we lost to the best team in that stretch. a stretch consisting of wins over mediocre and middling teams. I merely pointed out that the best team in that stretch still beat us, and they had been on a 4 game losing streak themselves. But yes, lets pretend that all is well with the hogs. come on now.
Actually UK won their game before ours. But keep it objective lol.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawg66 on February 25, 2018, 10:22:56 pm
I love how posters get to decide what is objective and what isn't.
Five of six with two of those on the road is not subjective. Those are facts.

Saying Anderson will never win big is opinion. Saying Arkansas will crash and burn in the NCAA tournament is opinion. Don't presume to lecture me about objectivity by giving me your opinions. And don't even try to dismiss me. That's silly. Are you 12 years old?  If so, sorry I upset you. If not, that's sad.

Saved me the trouble of typing it.

hawgball40

Quote from: hawg66 on February 25, 2018, 10:36:12 pm
Actually UK won their game before ours. But keep it objective lol.
I stand corrected. They lost 4 straight, then beat bama at home, then beat us.But, there you are singling in on little details in order to ignore the actual argument being made. You are dodging more right hooks than Donald Trump. darn, maybe you can work in his PR department. Maybe you already do...

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:38:06 pm
I stand corrected. They lost 4 straight, then beat bama at home, then beat us.But, there you are singling in on little details in order to ignore the actual argument being made. You are dodging more right hooks than Donald Trump. darn, maybe you can work in his PR department. Maybe you already do...

Maybe you should get the details right or STFU.

PorkRinds

Quote from: raz1965 on February 25, 2018, 02:15:47 pm
Many hogville posters are like the 7 blind men that touched the elephant in different spots and then past judgement as to what the elephant was like, with one exception , those men believed what they was say and were not pushing agendas.

That was the serious zen that this thread needed.

hawgball40

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 25, 2018, 10:43:21 pm
Maybe you should get the details right or STFU.
singling in on one thing so you can avoid the argument. Your agenda sticks out like a green hat with an orange bill.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:45:41 pm
singling in on one thing so you can avoid the argument. Your agenda sticks out like a green hat with an orange bill.

If you can't get details right, your arguments are generally bad.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:26:59 pm
I am not trying to devalue anything about the razorbacks(on the contrary, you are overvaluing it, for reasons beknownst only to you, which i don't personally care about). I am simply posting my opinion on the product we are putting on the floor. I am so sorry that this hurts your feelings, and i wish that you could learn to handle criticism in a constructive manner instead of taking it so personally. Just keeping it real. You should try it.

I don't take this crap personal. Arkansas did what they had to do to get in. Anything can happen once you get in.

hawg66

So when I point out that Arkansas has won five of six I'm cherry picking but when a "realist " points out that UK had lost four of five (well that's not quite what was said, but whatever) it's great analysis that proves...something I guess.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawg66 on February 25, 2018, 11:07:09 pm
So when I point out that Arkansas has won five of six I'm cherry picking but when a "realist " points out that UK had lost four of five (well that's not quite what was said, but whatever) it's great analysis that proves...something I guess.

We all cherry pick at times. And basketball allows ample opportunity for that since the season has so many games in it. The most comprehensive stat is that the Hogs are 9-7 in their SEC games. Won several recently, lost several to start the conf season. Does it matter how they are 9-7? If they end up 9-9 or 10-8, they will be 9-9 or 10-8.

It is like everyone throwing around 3 out of last 4 years in the ncaat. That is a true statement, but it is also a hand picked sample. In 7 years at ArK, Mike will have made the NCAAT 3 out of 7 seasons. That is a fact as well.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogsanity on February 26, 2018, 08:38:34 am
We all cherry pick at times. And basketball allows ample opportunity for that since the season has so many games in it. The most comprehensive stat is that the Hogs are 9-7 in their SEC games. Won several recently, lost several to start the conf season. Does it matter how they are 9-7? If they end up 9-9 or 10-8, they will be 9-9 or 10-8.

It is like everyone throwing around 3 out of last 4 years in the ncaat. That is a true statement, but it is also a hand picked sample. In 7 years at ArK, Mike will have made the NCAAT 3 out of 7 seasons. That is a fact as well.

True, but at what point does 3 of the last 4 matter more than 0 out of the first 3? Which section of his tenure is more representative of the direction the program is moving in? If it's the 3 out of the last 4, what's the point of continuing to bring up the first 3 years? It's over. That sh-t doesn't matter now because it's going be looked back on as an outlier in Mike Anderson's career full of many NCAA tournament appearances.

hawgball40

Quote from: hawg66 on February 25, 2018, 11:07:09 pm
I get it man. you ain't big enough to admit you're wrong. 90% or more of people on earth are like you, so you'll always have plenty of company.

Rome26

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 26, 2018, 08:43:39 am
True, but at what point does 3 of the last 4 matter more than 0 out of the first 3? Which section of his tenure is more representative of the direction the program is moving in? If it's the 3 out of the last 4, what's the point of continuing to bring up the first 3 years? It's over. That sh-t doesn't matter now because it's going be looked back on as an outlier in Mike Anderson's career full of many NCAA tournament appearances.

This^^^^^

I don't know how anyone could realistically think we should have made the tourney in Mike's first two years. 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 10:38:06 pm

Pretty easy to work in Trumps PR department. Just look at what is happening! Liberals are the only thing wrong with this country.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 26, 2018, 08:43:39 am

3 of 4 matters more when someone is trying to prove a point. Just as 3 of 7 matters more when that is being used to prove a point.

Actually, when it comes to the NCAAT, unless you make a deep run, the only thing that matters is 1 of 1. Did you make it in the current season. If the Hogs go out on the 1st weekend again, will that really matter as far as next season goes when they are replacing 6 or 7 players. IF they have a bad season is it off set by just having gone to the ncaat for a cup of coffee?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogsanity on February 26, 2018, 11:53:48 am
3 of 4 matters more when someone is trying to prove a point. Just as 3 of 7 matters more when that is being used to prove a point.

Actually, when it comes to the NCAAT, unless you make a deep run, the only thing that matters is 1 of 1. Did you make it in the current season. If the Hogs go out on the 1st weekend again, will that really matter as far as next season goes when they are replacing 6 or 7 players. IF they have a bad season is it off set by just having gone to the ncaat for a cup of coffee?

I think 3 of 4 matters to anyone who is being realistic because, at this point, the 0 of 3 doesn't matter. That time is gone. We have a higher level of success now that is more representative of where we're at as a program -- and that is a program who is a 7-10 seed usually. Obviously things could be better there, but I'd have questions the motives of anyone who continues to bring up the first 3 years because I just don't see the relevance at this point. If you want to focus on the lack of NCAA tournament success once getting there, fine. But those first 3 years and gone and in the past, and do not apply to the quality of teams Anderson is putting out now.

Corkscrew Johnson

Some good momentum to close the season.  Remarkable how closely this year's trajectory has tracked last year's.  I think even the most die hard Hog fans had just about seen enough in 2017 after the Vandy debacle at home, then sitting at halftime of the LSU game in another lackluster showing.  Then it clicked.  Similarly, things looked bleak after the LSU loss this year...for pete's sake even FCJ was posting criticism.  I don't mind losing, but our offense looked terrible during that 4-6 stretch: no movement, no inside game, no flow.  Our guys appeared confused on defense.  Gafford looked like he peaked.  Hall and Gabe weren't seeing the floor.  Not what you expect with 6 seniors.  But once again, something clicked.  Hall looks like a young Kawhi, Gafford is getting the ball down low, we are actually passing again. 

Does this recent performance justify a ringing endorsement of our future with Mike?  Hard to say.  Taking out the extremes, we have bounced between a 7-10 seed all year, which is equivalent to an Independence Bowl to Peach/Belk Bowl year.  Hardly something to crow about (unless you are Ole Miss), especially with this amount of senior leadership and experience.  Realistically, I think Mike needs to land a Portis/Gafford caliber player every year to get us to that next tier.  We are poised for that jump, we just can't seem to take it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 26, 2018, 12:03:45 pm
I think 3 of 4 matters to anyone who is being realistic because, at this point, the 0 of 3 doesn't matter. That time is gone. We have a higher level of success now that is more representative of where we're at as a program -- and that is a program who is a 7-10 seed usually. Obviously things could be better there, but I'd have questions the motives of anyone who continues to bring up the first 3 years because I just don't see the relevance at this point. If you want to focus on the lack of NCAA tournament success once getting there, fine. But those first 3 years and gone and in the past, and do not apply to the quality of teams Anderson is putting out now.
The current trend is 3 of last 4 years in the dance.  The question is "can Mike build on that trend?"  I think he can.

AHiD

Quote from: Oliver on February 25, 2018, 09:25:33 pm
No.  There is a system that defines what average is when it comes to grades.  C is that grade.  Now you can grade on a curve and then a Standard C might become an A.  But there would be a defined "average" score for that curve and that grade would be a C

That's literally false. Average quite literally means the mean. The mean is all numbers in a set added together and divided by the total number of numbers in a set.
My name...is Jerruh

maggiesue

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 24, 2018, 09:43:15 pm
20-9, 9-7 in Conference play, won 5 of our last 6 and some of you still want to fire Mike and hire Kermit Davis or some other bum?

Mike's style may be Helter skelter, it may not be pretty. We may blow a game here or there but this team is tough. They are gritty and they grind and they grind and win ballgames. I am proud of this team and I am proud of Mike Anderson. There is no one else I want coaching this team.

And the funny thing is, most of you calling for Mike's head are the same ones who ran over each other to defend our former football coach we ran off last year. Time to stop your nonsense.

We just beat a team that has a cheater on it. We just beat a coach that we were told would run circles around Mike, never mind the fact that he was a bum in the NBA. And we just beat a team who had Opie Pelphrey on the bench.

But y'all keep calling for a firing. LMAO.

PRJ

Amazing people settle for bad basketball and mediocrity. Also, very impressive to see the name calling!  If this is good in year 7 then your expectations are very subdued.  Also, for those of you defending this bad basketball because of the cheaters in college basketball, that is to take away from all the good coaches who play fair and can coach.
Buyers should always expect a quality product at a fair price.  If you can honestly say that you enjoy watching this kind of basketball and have expectations that it will improve, then raise your hand and give us a thoughtful post as to why that is.  Also, be respectful of others who don't share your opinion.....this is a chat board for discussion....I assume most who post love the Hogs.....I know I do and have for 40 years.

HF#1

Quote from: maggiesue on February 26, 2018, 12:47:00 pm
Amazing people settle for bad basketball and mediocrity. Also, very impressive to see the name calling!  If this is good in year 7 then your expectations are very subdued.  Also, for those of you defending this bad basketball because of the cheaters in college basketball, that is to take away from all the good coaches who play fair and can coach.
Buyers should always expect a quality product at a fair price.  If you can honestly say that you enjoy watching this kind of basketball and have expectations that it will improve, then raise your hand and give us a thoughtful post as to why that is.  Also, be respectful of others who don't share your opinion.....this is a chat board for discussion....I assume most who post love the Hogs.....I know I do and have for 40 years.

Your definition of mediocrity is odd. If anything, this season has been average/slightly above average, certainly not mediocre. I would consider the year after Portis/Qualls to be mediocre.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 26, 2018, 12:03:45 pm

Gone and in the past? Well then, so is the 1st appearance 4 years ago, it is gone and in the past.  All of those players are gone or will be gone after this season.

IT is human nature but the people that really love Mike and think he is wonderful just pick out the stats that make him look better than the ones that someone that does not think he is great would pick out to make their point.

I never counted his 1st two seasons against him, but it is part of his record. If people are going to keep bringing up what he did at UAB or Mizzu, then what he did here is relevant too. 

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 26, 2018, 12:34:56 pm
The current trend is 3 of last 4 years in the dance.  The question is "can Mike build on that trend?"  I think he can.

Unless next years group of Freshman and a transfer PG pull off something amazing, we will see the same pattern repeat itself. With Ports, they made the NIT ( should have made the NCAAT if they hadn't gagged ) and the NCAAT. Portis left, and they missed the post season. Barford/Macon come in, NCAAT 2 years in a row. Not likely to build on that next year.

Supermark101

Quote from: AP85 on February 24, 2018, 10:49:18 pm
20-9 fire mike!!!!!

He is quickly becoming the Houston Nutt of basketball. He'll do just enough to keep from getting fired.

maggiesue

Quote from: HF#1 on February 26, 2018, 01:00:22 pm
Your definition of mediocrity is odd. If anything, this season has been average/slightly above average, certainly not mediocre. I would consider the year after Portis/Qualls to be mediocre.

Look up the definition...it is average which is what you just said this season is.

farmhawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 25, 2018, 02:09:53 pm
That could be considered trolling.
It is and that is what most get pissed off about, yet it continues to be allowed.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: farmhawg on February 26, 2018, 04:00:04 pm
It is and that is what most get pissed off about, yet it continues to be allowed.

It happens with both "sides". 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

AlmaHog2011

Let's just beat Auburn and Missouri! Get to the sweet 16 make a run. Next year will be a struggle unless the FBI actually makes the cheaters in this conference pay for cheating.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 26, 2018, 04:10:48 pm
Let's just beat Auburn and Missouri! Get to the sweet 16 make a run. Next year will be a struggle unless the FBI actually makes the cheaters in this conference pay for cheating.

If Gafford comes back it shouldn't be much of a struggle. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

farmhawg

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 26, 2018, 10:38:07 am
Pretty easy to work in Trumps PR department. Just look at what is happening! Liberals are the only thing wrong with this country.
I understand you a little better....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 26, 2018, 06:14:38 pm
you right, we got some real players coming in that can help right now, I don't know why people don't understand that. Plus Hall, Jones, Bailey, and maybe Garland!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Supermark101 on February 26, 2018, 01:16:50 pm
He is quickly becoming the Houston Nutt of basketball. He'll do just enough to keep from getting fired.

See...this is where you people drive the train straight off the rails.

Mike Anderson is nothing like Houston Nutt. Not in coaching ability and Mike is damn sure not a scumbag. Houston Nutt is a scumbag.

End of this damn discussion.

PRJ

johnfanman

I'd take Chris Beard (no relation to Anton Beard) as a new coach. But I don't want Mike fired.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 26, 2018, 07:43:46 pm

Mike Anderson is nothing like Houston Nutt. Not in coaching ability and Mike is damn sure not a scumbag. Houston Nutt is a scumbag.

PRJ

Absolutely correct sir.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 26, 2018, 06:14:38 pm

I hope you are right. A lot will depend on Gafford. Garland would be huge but who will help Gafford in the paint? If he comes back. I fully expect him to leave just how I feel.

farmhawg

PRJ
They are too dense, you'll never get through to a brain.....
From theflyinghog

Atlhogfan1

Mike is damn sure not a scumbag. Houston Nutt is a scumbag.

PRJ

Never seen anyone suggest otherwise. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 26, 2018, 08:56:11 pm
Never seen anyone suggest otherwise. 

but in results they are very similar.

hawgball40

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 26, 2018, 10:38:07 am
You sadly missed the forest for the trees. the point was that the poster was dodging my argument by splitting c%nt hairs. If i wanted to insult trump with my statement, i would have said Dodging drafts instead of right hooks. And no, liberals are not the only thing wrong with america. but this isn't about politics. If you want to talk that, we can continue it in the appropriate forum. God bless america

hawgball40

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 25, 2018, 10:46:32 pm
If you can't get details right, your arguments are generally bad.
If my argument were bad, how come you couldn't defeat it. You know, its a sad person who isn't big enough to admit when wrong. deuces

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 27, 2018, 12:43:37 am
You sadly missed the forest for the trees. the point was that the poster was dodging my argument by splitting c%nt hairs. If i wanted to insult trump with my statement, i would have said Dodging drafts instead of right hooks. And no, liberals are not the only thing wrong with america. but this isn't about politics. If you want to talk that, we can continue it in the appropriate forum. God bless america

No interest at all talking about anything with liberals! It's a lost cause.

hawgsalot

Quote from: hogsanity on February 26, 2018, 11:53:48 am

Maybe you can move the goal posts but 3 out of 4 since the 90's is way better than anything we've done.  It does matter in recruiting, it does matter in getting butts in the stands and only a blind man would say that hasn't improved as we've started getting into the tourney the last few years.  Look everybody wants a run, but only a few programs now can expect to get to the sweet 16, the tourney has always been the judge of a good coach.  Once you've established your an annual tourney coach then better recruits and better runs in the tourney can be expected.  We are right where we should be after a long run of duds so be happy and stop telling the board how stupid we are for being happy.