Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weems to A&M ?

Started by hogtusk, July 28, 2006, 10:05:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtusk

Rumor around UAFS is that Sonny Weems is going to go to A&M. He is eligible to play in the Big 12 now, and at A&M he will be united with his former coach from UAFS, Jeremy Cox.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

hogsanity

Would not surprise me.  I have it on good info that he will may not pass his last summer classes to get elg at the UA.  If this happens though, I hope the UA holds his feet to the fire on his loi.  If he wants to go elsewhere he would have to sit out a year.  I am tired of kids signing, then backing out.  I really dont care what the reasons are either. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogsanity on July 28, 2006, 10:08:21 am
Would not surprise me.  I have it on good info that he will may not pass his last summer classes to get elg at the UA.  If this happens though, I hope the UA holds his feet to the fire on his loi.  If he wants to go elsewhere he would have to sit out a year.  I am tired of kids signing, then backing out.  I really dont care what the reasons are either. 

Weems will pass from what I hear and the only person I hear not going to make his grades in the past 24 hours is Freddie Barnett in the football arena of sports.  All Sonny Weems has left to complete is a course in Algebra.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfan064

South Carolina actually lost their biggest recruit this year in a weird situation.   The kid was supposed to contribute right away, but USC's president denied him even though he was cleared by the NCAA.  So now Auburn is all over the kid and he's likely to become a Tiger.

charlie harper

Little jab at mitch?

jvegashawg

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 28, 2006, 10:10:52 am

Weems will pass from what I hear and the only person I hear not going to make his grades in the past 24 hours is Freddie Barnett in the football arena of sports.  All Sonny Weems has left to complete is a course in Algebra.

I would be in trouble

hogsanity

YEs, and he has not passed it on his first or 2nd attempts.  Man, when will these guys quit cutting things so close. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: charlie harper on July 28, 2006, 10:14:51 am

Little jab at mitch?

No, Mitch never backed out after signing his LOI.  The jab was at Andre Igudala.  But it goes for any kid that SIGNS a LOI then backs out.

jvegashawg

Quote from: hogsanity on July 28, 2006, 10:16:31 am

Little jab at mitch?

No, Mitch never backed out after signing his LOI.  The jab was at Andre Igudala.  But it goes for any kid that SIGNS a LOI then backs out.

Heath would have looked a whole lot better that first year with Iggy and Sullinger.

Jaison Black

Andre wanted to play for Nolan. He backed out after Nolan was fired. You can't fault the kid for that. Some kids want to play for a school, some want to play for a coach.

Now signing and then changing your mind when nothing drastic has happened is bull and they should be held to it.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Pork Twain

I thyought Weems was a solid Hog commit.  When did it come about that he wanted to go to A&M???  Link???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Tomhog™

Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 28, 2006, 10:29:35 am
I thyought Weems was a solid Hog commit.  When did it come about that he wanted to go to A&M???  Link???

He's NCAA eligible, but not SEC eligible at this point.  He's qualified to go to aTm right now, but not to the UA.  He has always been solid until core requirements issue came up...

Hawgballz

I believe people are speculating based upon the fact that Jeremy Cox (Weems' coach at UAFS) went to A&M.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Tomcat on July 28, 2006, 10:34:06 am

He's NCAA eligible, but not SEC eligible at this point.  He's qualified to go to aTm right now, but not to the UA.  He has always been solid until core requirements issue came up...
That clears it up for me.  Thanks
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

pseudorabies

Quote from: hogtusk on July 28, 2006, 10:05:44 am
Rumor around UAFS is that Sonny Weems is going to go to A&M. He is eligible to play in the Big 12 now, and at A&M he will be united with his former coach from UAFS, Jeremy Cox.

The only way Weems goes to A&M is if he does not pass his math class.  I have been told he will pass and there is nothing to worry about. 

HogHeathen

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 28, 2006, 11:08:36 am

The only way Weems goes to A&M is if he does not pass his math class.  I have been told he will pass and there is nothing to worry about. 

Dang,  You just gave me some positive news...shame on you pseudo...;-)

pseudorabies

Quote from: HogHeathen on July 28, 2006, 11:35:44 am

Dang,  You just gave me some positive news...shame on you pseudo...;-)

I am not all negative.  There are some good things happening, just not very many.   ;D

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: jvegashawg on July 28, 2006, 10:15:16 am

I would be in trouble

Me too.
Took it 5 times before I passed.
Two F's, Two drops, and an A the final time.

Tomhog™

This is good to hear from you, pseudo.  You're pretty much dead-on with your posts...

Holy City Hog

Unless his UAFS Professor is the one who told you "he will pass" no one should take any JUCO tranfs for granted until they are eligible & enrolled on The Hill. 

pseudorabies

Quote from: Rookie on July 28, 2006, 11:47:45 am

Unless his UAFS Professor is the one who told you "he will pass" no one should take any JUCO tranfs for granted until they are eligible & enrolled on The Hill. 

He will pass.

Holy City Hog

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 28, 2006, 11:50:26 am

He will pass.

You are bold my friend, very bold.

Hogz87

Quote from: hogsanity on July 28, 2006, 10:15:36 am

YEs, and he has not passed it on his first or 2nd attempts.  Man, when will these guys quit cutting things so close. 

He should be fine this time.  The teacher he has now is a piece of cake.  I had her this past semester and got an easy A.  He won't by any means get an A but with this teacher he should at least past.  And last I heard(under a week ago from the horses mouth) he's still going to the U of A.

Biggus Piggus

How do you get good info like that, hogsanity?  Legit question, not ragging you.
[CENSORED]!

pseudorabies

Quote from: Rookie on July 28, 2006, 11:56:24 am

He will pass.

Thanks.

mikeirwin

He will pass.

No, he just knows what he's talking about. It helps to have information when you post on a message board.

Nutts and Bolts

Little jab at mitch?

Mitch never backed out of a LOI
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

TulsaHogFan

He will pass.

Your new aren't ya.  Not a jab, just saying you haven't seen pseudo's track history.  Stick around, and pay attention. 

Its TulsaHogFan that you need to question, not him lol.

silvertip

Well hey, if he's struggling in algebra, it may not be too late to get that covered with a correspondence course thru Auburn. I hear it only takes about a week & don't even have to go to class.

Holy City Hog

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 28, 2006, 12:48:55 pm

He will pass.

No, he just knows what he's talking about. It helps to have information when you post on a message board.

Staking your credibility (or that of your source) on the academic prowess of a 20 yr old kid who's at a Jr. College to begin with . . . no Mike, I think I'd have to call that bold.

RazorHawg16

I have talked to Sonny personally and he is EXCITED! about getting to play for the hogs so please delete this thread.

WindyCityHog

"Will may not pass"?

Playing both sides? ;)

Dwight_K_Shrute

If Weems is serious about passing algebra he should remember this equation:

SH + UABB = SOL
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogsanity

Quote from: WindyCityHog on July 28, 2006, 01:57:40 pm

"Will may not pass"?

Playing both sides? ;)

No, I am inelg because i can't pass typing.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 28, 2006, 02:02:16 pm
Quote from: WindyCityHog on July 28, 2006, 01:57:40 pm

"Will may not pass"?

Playing both sides? ;)

No, I am inelg because i can't pass typing.

:D :D

You DO have a sense of humor....I just knew it. ;)

pseudorabies

Quote from: Rookie on July 28, 2006, 01:49:44 pm

He will pass.

Staking your credibility (or that of your source) on the academic prowess of a 20 yr old kid who's at a Jr. College to begin with . . . no Mike, I think I'd have to call that bold.

And you arguing over this information when you don't know who I talk to is absurd.

Holy City Hog

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 28, 2006, 02:16:45 pm
Quote from: Rookie on July 28, 2006, 01:49:44 pm

He will pass.

And you arguing over this information when you don't know who I talk to is absurd.

Whoa, easy Big Guy. I just said you were bold for making the statement that a 20-yr old kid (who I assume isn't related to you?) will pass a college math class.  It's not like you said "he's in good shape" or "barring any meltdown."  You said "He will pass."  IMO that's pretty bold.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: silvertip on July 28, 2006, 01:34:22 pm

Well hey, if he's struggling in algebra, it may not be too late to get that covered with a correspondence course thru Auburn. I hear it only takes about a week & don't even have to go to class.

And the right jab connects.  good one. +1
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

gwddog

shoot in the worst case that psoodo guy still has a 50-50 shot at being right. Thats better odds then that nutt guy having winning seasons the previous 2 seasons.
back 2 back 2 back

LZH

Ahem  -  Forgive me for sticking to the point..........I thought he was a done deal (and our future).

camelt

Quote from: LedZepHog on July 28, 2006, 10:58:56 pm
Ahem  -  Forgive me for sticking to the point..........I thought he was a done deal (and our future).

I think the point of the tread is that the UA does not transfer D's.  A&M obviously does.  If weems has a D he will be a credit shy from being eligible.  If that scenario holds true A&M may be his backup plan.  Hopefully, this is a little to do about nothing.

chiefsfan

one of the great things about college sports is that alot of a programs hopes and dreams are put on whether or not a 20 year old kid can pass his Math Class...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mikeirwin

Quote from: cameltoe on July 28, 2006, 11:01:48 pm

I think the point of the tread is that the UA does not transfer D's.  A&M obviously does.  If weems has a D he will be a credit shy from being eligible.  If that scenario holds true A&M may be his backup plan.  Hopefully, this is a little to do about nothing.
The last time I checked the U of A transfers D's within it's own system. Even if that's changed, and I don't think it has, there is an appeals process.

Hogz87

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 28, 2006, 11:04:34 pm
Quote from: cameltoe on July 28, 2006, 11:01:48 pm

The last time I checked the U of A transfers D's within it's own system. Even if that's changed, and I don't think it has, there is an appeals process.

D's do transfer.  There are certain courses if your at UAFS where a D is failing.  But it almost always transfers.  In the case you have to have the class for your major you must make a C or higher.

The_Bionic_Pig

College Algebra ain't easy my friends....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogz87

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 29, 2006, 11:57:24 am

It isn't hard either if you have the right professor.  ;D

pseudorabies

Quote from: Hogz87 on July 29, 2006, 12:21:02 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 29, 2006, 11:57:24 am

It isn't hard either if you have the right professor.  ;D

;)

moonpie

should have sent him to auburn for the summer session

The_Bionic_Pig

Like I said he will be in a Hog Uniform this fall...  ;) 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgPilot

Quote from: moonpie on July 29, 2006, 12:43:28 pm
should have sent him to auburn for the summer session

Good one! +1