Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A quick note on our new AD and Anderson

Started by checkraiser88, January 17, 2018, 08:02:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Our new AD was in that arena when Houston beat us by 30. He was not impressed with Mikes resume according to a source..just take it for what it's worth guys

Mr. Porkleone

phadedhawg

We will find out if this AD means business by whether Anderson is allowed on the plane tonight

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 17, 2018, 08:02:36 pm
Our new AD was in that arena when Houston beat us by 30. He was not impressed with Mikes resume according to a source..just take it for what it's worth guys
If we take it for what's its worth it's not worth a plugged nickel.

DOGALUM

I'm not impressed with Mike's resume' either.

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

HogBreath

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 17, 2018, 08:02:36 pm
I'm sure after he watched a game or two at the Bud as our AD, he fell madly head over heels in love with the fast forty just like everyone else
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jst01

SultanofSwine

BroyledNutts

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 17, 2018, 08:07:42 pm
What's wrong with this year?

The new AD hasn't been on the job long enough to have a legitimate footing to terminate Mike ... He'll need at least a full year of under-production to be capable of making that decision - if the BOT let him.

Kevin

there is 7 years worth of research material to look at to make a decision to fire him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Knot2brite

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 17, 2018, 08:15:10 pm
The new AD hasn't been on the job long enough to have a legitimate footing to terminate Mike ... He'll need at least a full year of under-production to be capable of making that decision - if the BOT let him.
The last half of your last sentence is the MOST important part...and they won't...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 08:17:07 pm
there is 7 years worth of research material to look at to make a decision to fire him

True, but he's dealing with legitimacy of tenure issues right now - and, probably more importantly, he won't fire him after this season because the Athletic Dept. just hemorrhaged 25 million + to attempt a football fix ... no funds left to re-plumb the basketball program ... and he'd probably be dealing with a good bit of BOT opposition ...

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 08:17:07 pm

The evidence is very clear.  He is not getting the job done.

jst01

What you see with Mike is what you get. It's what you will always get. Coaches his age deep into their career don't just alter their philosophy and style. He won't be the coach here in 2020. Nothing he can legitimately accomplish between then and now to keep his job.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 17, 2018, 08:29:12 pm
True, but he's dealing with legitimacy of tenure issues right now - and, probably more importantly, he won't fire him after this season because the Athletic Dept. just hemorrhaged 25 million + to attempt a football fix ... no funds left to re-plumb the basketball program ... and he'd probably be dealing with a good bit of BOT opposition ...
Next year will be Mike's 25th year with the Hogs.  He should at least get a pin or a watch, right?

Kevin

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 17, 2018, 08:29:12 pm

this is very true
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HoggyCat

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 17, 2018, 08:15:10 pm

I can't think of any better way to get fan base support than to stop the bleeding.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 17, 2018, 08:36:21 pm
Next year will be Mike's 25th year with the Hogs.  He should at least get a pin or a watch, right?

I did not realize it will be 25 years ...

Paul

he'll be lucky to get 3.5 million USD

Wild Bill Hog

PonderinHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 17, 2018, 08:52:25 pm
I did not realize it will be 25 years ...
17 as an assistant, plus 8 as HC.  I think that's right, anyway.

Tigaman

One thing to consider is how well liked Anderson is with the big boosters. If they want him gone it wouldn't be very hard for Yurachek to fire him. Also, this team is Senior heavy. If Anderson fails to make the tournament this year, its makes it much harder to justify keeping him. Next year is going is all but guaranteed to be another non-tourney year, especially if Gafford decides to leave early. If you don't fire him this year you're giving him a pass for next year too.

The_Iceman

Let's hope the new AD has the future of our basketball program in mind, and not pleasing the nostalgia mob.

hamARchy in the USA

More like the boot.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 17, 2018, 08:55:01 pm
17 as an assistant, plus 8 as HC.  I think that's right, anyway.

Wow ... actually, he might need to be recognized for that ... call it a "retirement gift", now that he's vested ...

Hoggish1

PonderinHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 17, 2018, 09:09:59 pm
Wow ... actually, he might need to be recognized for that ... call it a "retirement gift", now that he's vested ...
Well, you don't just kick him to the curb like you would a UK legend that didn't cut it.

grayhawg

Quote from: Tigaman on January 17, 2018, 08:56:41 pm
One thing to consider is how well liked Anderson is with the big boosters. If they want him gone it wouldn't be very hard for Yurachek to fire him. Also, this team is Senior heavy. If Anderson fails to make the tournament this year, its makes it much harder to justify keeping him. Next year is going is all but guaranteed to be another non-tourney year, especially if Gafford decides to leave early. If you don't fire him this year you're giving him a pass for next year too.
Some of the big booster love is fading pretty fast.

Knot2brite

Quote from: grayhawg on January 17, 2018, 09:39:03 pm
But not fast enough from what I hear...some want him to fail or succeed with the upcoming recruiting class and not with this team he has now
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Sivad

How about Nolan's ex-players that demanded we hire him?

LZH

I can guaran-damn-tee ya some of the little booster love has faded like the hood of an '88 Silverado.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 17, 2018, 08:57:37 pm
Let's hope the new AD has the future of our basketball program in mind, and not pleasing the nostalgia mob.

Attendance is pretty good. Recruiting going well. So if CMA makes the tourney this year he will be back for at least 3 seasons after that.

Keep your fingers crossed, he might not make the tourney and even miss the NIT. That's your best shot. Miss that train and it may be awhile before you get another crack at derailing the CMA express.
Hogs up! Covid down!

sadhogfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 17, 2018, 08:57:37 pm

Iceman, do you see a chiropractor for the whiplash you must have from jumping on and off Mike's bandwagon so many times?

:-)

golfinpig

I have reached total apathy. I feel sorry for the players. Our talent isn't what it could or should be but the coaching is atrocious. The ONLY reason there is a minor uptick in recruiting is the homegrown kids but it won't matter because we will still have a lousy coach.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 17, 2018, 10:00:09 pm
Attendance is pretty good. Recruiting going well. So if CMA makes the tourney this year he will be back for at least 3 seasons after that.

Keep your fingers crossed, he might not make the tourney and even miss the NIT. That's your best shot. Miss that train and it may be awhile before you get another crack at derailing the CMA express.

I've had enough of Mike but will NEVER hope we miss the tournament.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

jchill

I like Mike and want him to succeed,  but the way this is losing is very frustrating. Sometimes they look like they have never touched a basketball before.