Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its hard being a hog fan

Started by arslp, January 17, 2018, 07:54:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arslp

All football season all I heard was "we finally have a reason to look forward to bball season". So much for that. Oh well there's baseball
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

tkclark

Quote from: arslp on January 17, 2018, 07:54:48 pm
All football season all I heard was "we finally have a reason to look forward to bball season". So much for that. Oh well there's baseball

The difference between football/basketball and baseball is the baseball team has a good coaching staff and the guy at the top is very good.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: tkclark on January 17, 2018, 07:59:24 pm
The difference between football/basketball and baseball is the baseball team has a good coaching staff and the guy at the top is very good.
then win something!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

oldbooniehog

Give it time.

Eventually, you just get sort of numb to it.

010HogFan

I'm excited about the new hitting coach from Missouri State.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 17, 2018, 08:32:52 pm
I'm excited about the new hitting coach from Missouri State.
cant beat em then add em to your staff
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Kevin

just changed the channel to the warriors/bulls. it is fun watch skilled, high basketball iq players
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Knot2brite

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 17, 2018, 08:33:29 pm
cant beat em then add em to your staff
Oh only if your thump thump coach would do that...but then again he would end having over 200 assistant coaches
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 17, 2018, 08:37:40 pm
Oh only if your thump thump coach would do that...but then again he would end having over 200 assistant coaches
thats a lot of nephews and family friends
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

DeepFreeze

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 08:34:08 pm
just changed the channel to the warriors/bulls. it is fun watch skilled, high basketball iq players

Don't do that to yourself, college ball doesn't compare to the NBA.

Atlhogfan1

Expectations for basketball should be similar to those for baseball.  They aren't right now because of who our basketball coach is.  It's most important he is the coach no matter how much or little success he has. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Kevin

Quote from: DeepFreeze on January 17, 2018, 08:42:21 pm
Don't do that to yourself, college ball doesn't compare to the NBA.

if villanova was playing someone tonight I would have them
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DeepFreeze

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 08:45:21 pm
if villanova was playing someone tonight I would have them

They already beat Georgetown by 32 tonight.

NBA doesn't have the same excitement level in the gym as college, but talentwise its hard to go from watching college to NBA.

tkclark

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 17, 2018, 08:31:11 pm
then win something!!

Oh you mean like the SEC Regular Season Championship.  Van Horn's team did that.  You mean like being an almost automatic entry into the postseason tourney.  Van Horn again.  You mean like multiple trips to the equivalent of the Elite 8 and Final Four.  Van Horn 4 times at Ark and 6 times overall.  He wins regularly and is vastly more successful as a coach in his sport vs Anderson in his.