Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MARK FOSTER NAMED TROJANS' HEAD SOCCER COACH

Started by Seminole Indian, January 17, 2018, 12:33:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

http://lrtrojans.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_prefix=rp_primary&image_path=/images/2018/1/16/Foster_Hiring_Graphic_WEB.jpg

LITTLE ROCK – Little Rock Director of Athletics Chasse Conque today announced the hiring of Mark Foster as the seventh Trojan head soccer coach. Foster brings with him an impressive background both as a coach and a player, including multiple championships and record-setting performances.

"Little Rock Athletics is excited to announce the hiring of Mark Foster as our next soccer coach," Conque said. "There was a high level of interest in this position, which says a lot about this program, our university and the Little Rock community. We have seen significant growth in our soccer program the last several years and we are confident Mark will help take the program to the next level."

"When I heard the Little Rock job was open, the temptation and the potential was too much to turn down the opportunity," Foster said. "Having coached against Little Rock, I knew how good those players and that program was. Little Rock has developed into one of the top teams in the Sun Belt and I'm excited to add to that and help the program continue to grow."

"I'd like to thank Athletic Director Chasse Conque and Chancellor Andrew Rogerson for this opportunity and their trust and faith in me," added Foster. "I'm excited to get going in Little Rock and get to work with the team."

Foster comes to Little Rock after spending the past season at Sun Belt Conference rival South Alabama, serving as an assistant coach. In 2017, Foster helped lead the Jaguars to both the Sun Belt regular season and tournament titles as South Alabama finished 14-6-1 overall and 9-1-0 in conference play, advancing to the NCAA tournament.

Prior to his time in Mobile, Foster spent six seasons at Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, Tennessee, spending the last four as the Trojans' head coach. During his time at his alma mater, Foster compiled an overall record of 40-27-8, making his mark as the second-winningest coach in program history.

In his four seasons at the helm of the Trojans, Foster posted a 29-13-6 mark in Great Midwest Athletic Conference play, finishing first in 2016 and tying for second in 2014. He was twice named the G-MAC Coach of the Year (2014 and 2016), posting two of the top-three winningest seasons in Trojan program history.

After going 6-10-2 in 2013, Foster posted three-straight winning seasons, beginning with the 12-5-2 campaign in 2014, which included a 7-1-2 mark in G-MAC play, finishing tied for second. The Trojans posted a 9-7-3 mark in 2015, going 7-5-2 in conference play, leading up to the 13-5-1 campaign in 2016, including the 11-3 record in G-MAC play to capture the league title.

Foster coached 21 all-Great Midwest Athletic Conference honorees at Trevecca, including five all-region recipients and a CoSIDA Academic All-American.

Prior to becoming the Trojans' head coach, Foster spent two seasons as an assistant at Trevecca, his alma mater. He was a key component of the Trojans' 2012 G-MAC championship team which finished the season 16-5-3 and advanced to the NCCAA national semifinals.

Foster began his coaching career at the Brentwood Soccer Club in Nashville in 2009, serving as the head coach of the '93 Premier Division I state championship team. He also spent two seasons as an assistant coach at Donelson Christian Academy in Donelson, Tennessee.

As a player, Foster left his mark on the Trevecca record book, finishing his career as the school's all-time leader in both goals (41) and points (95) while tying for first all-time in assists (13). Foster helped guide the Trojans to 29 victories during his collegiate career, being named the TranSouth Athletic Conference Player of the Year in 2008 and Freshman of the Year in 2005.

Foster was a four-time all-conference selection, earning first team honors in 2005 and 2008 while being named to the second team in 2006 and 2007. He was also a two-time TranSouth Scholar-Athlete and was named to the Trevecca Nazarene Athletic Hall of Fame in 2017, holding the distinction of being the only player in program history to have his number retired.

A native of Newcastle, Ireland, Foster played for the Kilmore Recreation Football Club in the Irish Premiere Football League. He is married to the former Jessica Leary, who played both softball and soccer at Trevecca, and the couple has one son, Campbell.

THE FOSTER FILE

PERSONAL
Hometown: Newcastle, Ireland
College: Trevecca Nazarene, 2009
Family: Jessica (wife), Campbell (son)

PLAYING EXPERIENCE
2005-08: Trevecca Nazarene
Four-time all-conference selection, 2008 Player of the Year
Holds program record for goals (41) and points (95), tied for first in assists (13)

COACHING EXPERIENCE
2009-11: Brentwood Soccer Club (Head coach)
2010-11: Donelson Christian Academy (Assistant coach)
2011-13: Trevecca Nazarene (Assistant coach)
2013-16: Trevecca Nazarene (Head coach)
2017: South Alabama (Assistant coach)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=post;board=119.0
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne