Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Culture Change in Football Program?

Started by Randy Beaver, January 11, 2018, 08:45:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if there will have to be a culture change in the program.  Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know if a change in culture is needed.  Are there poor attitudes in the program?  Should we expect several players to leave the program?  Watched a great movie last night that got me to thinking about this.  I would recommend it to anyone that was going into a new leadership situation.  It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program.  Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!"  Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking.  Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Razorback Football Program
Dalton = Coach Morris
Brad Wesley = interfering booster
Wade Garrett = Dabo Swinney (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Arkansas AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = bouncers that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

El Puerco Grande

I ain't sure your cornbread is done in the middle.
How 'bout them hogs?

JIPorker

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Randy,

Please don't ever stop posting to Hogville,  you're posts are just too enjoyable.

-phil

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: El Puerco Grande on January 11, 2018, 08:49:12 am

Heck he doesn't even use the right ingredients!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on January 11, 2018, 08:52:46 am
Randy,

Please don't ever stop posting to Hogville,  you're posts are just too enjoyable laughable.

-phil

FIFY
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Suidae Suis Scrofa

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 11, 2018, 08:45:08 am
Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if there will have to be a culture change in the program.  Some of you guys chaps with more insight into the program may know if a change in culture is needed.  Are there poor attitudes in the program?  Should we expect several players to leave the program?  Watched a great movie offering of American cinema last night that got me to thinking about this.  I would recommend it to anyone that was going into a new leadership situation.  It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was were watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program.  Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!"  Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking.  Just think about this.
Dalton = Coach Morris
Morgan / Steve / waitress = bouncers/boosters that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

I thought you were going with the British shtick? I made some corrections for you to help with future trollings posts... Also you forgot to mention you wife's mum...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog_Swanson

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if there will have to be a culture change in the program.  Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know if a change in culture is needed.  Are there poor attitudes in the program?  Should we expect several players to leave the program?  Watched a great movie last night that got me to thinking about this.  I would recommend it to anyone that was going into a new leadership situation.  It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program.  Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!"  Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking.  Just think about this.
Dalton = Coach Morris
Morgan / Steve / waitress = bouncers that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD
I think you are on to something here.  That bedroom scene with the pretty doctor lady, That is us finally turning the corner as a program.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Randy Beaver

Again with the rudeness.    I very much appreciate being married to woman the enjoys NCAA football as much as I do.  Sometimes we are able to talk for hours at night about it.  As you can tell from our symbolism discussion, she is very creative.  Lately, she has been writing poetry about the Razorback programs.  I wish I could share with you.  Not sure she would be comfortable with that.  I consider myself to be very lucky that she shares with me as I enjoy her coffee and muffin in the mornings.

Schtick??  I am not Jewish.  I've been living in Arkansas for 3 years now, and I have full citizenship.  In the words of a beautiful song by Lee Greenwood, "I am proud to be an American."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 11, 2018, 09:24:40 am
Again with the rudeness.    I very much appreciate being married to woman the enjoys NCAA football as much as I do.  Sometimes we are able to talk for hours at night about it.  As you can tell from our symbolism discussion, she is very creative.  Lately, she has been writing poetry about the Razorback programs.  I wish I could share with you.  Not sure she would be comfortable with that.  I consider myself to be very lucky that she shares with me as I enjoy her coffee and muffin in the mornings.
It was muffins last week.!? Your memory is too shot to pull this one off.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ricepig

Well, obviously his elevator doesn't rise as high as his cornbread.

oldhawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 11, 2018, 09:29:11 am
It was muffins last week.!? Your memory is too shot to pull this one off.

Lately, she has been writing poetry about the Razorback programs.  I wish I could share with you. 

Her poetry the last couple of years must be obscene when it comes to football.  :)

WOOPIGDOOIE

Schtick??  I am not Jewish.  I've been living in Arkansas for 3 years now, and I have full citizenship.  In the words of a beautiful song by Lee Greenwood, "I am proud to be an American."
Nothing like starting the day off with a good muffin..

jkstock04

Dalton = Coach Morris
Pure gold. Not sure this tops the excercise thread from yesterday but still top notch. Biggest hole I see is with Dabo = wade Garrett. I don't see dabo coming here as a mentor as he has his own program to run.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tusks

Im glad our tax $$ are putting wifi into the crazy houses.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

007 License To Squeal

On what basis did you gain citizenship?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

pigtrino

"Culture eats strategy for breakfast"  - Peter Drucker

PharmacistHog

Is that one of the new films in theaters now?  Never heard of that one.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Tejano Jawg

Looks like I need to visit Redbox before commenting further.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

snoblind

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2018, 09:33:47 am

Missing a few crayons also.

wildturkey8

I hope there is a culture change, a big one.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2018, 08:53:16 am
Heck he doesn't even use the right ingredients!

Probably puts sugar in his cornbread.  That's a yankee culture that sure needs to change.

Dirty

I find it more of Silent of the Lambs. If you like a blind guy in a cage, that is your right. I like the tuck rule myself? 

Just kidding!

theFlyingHog

Don't recall ever seeing you post before but it's been a while since I read a post and literally laughed out loud. +1

I'll give it to you, horny bucktooth sawyer, good post.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Is that what yall call it?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hawganatic

Dalton = Coach Morris

Not sure why, but I find your posts to be very entertaining...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2018, 09:33:47 am

I don't think Randy has anything that will "rise"..............................

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2018, 01:07:50 pm
I don't think Randy has anything that will "rise"..............................
You shouldn't talk about OTR/Skandar/horny Beaver like that

Johnny Bobo

Dalton = Coach Morris

is that that same movie with Pauly Shore and Tiffani amber Thiessen?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: oldhawg on January 11, 2018, 09:34:46 am
Her poetry the last couple of years must be obscene when it comes to football.  :)

There once was a guy named Bret
SEC football he just didn't get
As the losses kept mounting
his money he's still counting
as he destroys seat cushions on the set
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

gawntrail

Dalton = Coach Morris

Outstanding

Randy Beaver

January 11, 2018, 03:00:34 pm #33 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:23:55 pm by Randy Beaver
Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 11, 2018, 01:39:22 pm
There once was a guy named Bret
SEC football he just didn't get
As the losses kept mounting
his money he's still counting
as he destroys seat cushions on the set

After reading that poem, Evelyn has granted me permission to share one of her poems from this past football season.

Randy Beaver

48-22, October 7th left us feeling blue
November 4th, fans were frustrated too
Score was 39 to 38
That game probably sealed Coach B’s fate
He left the field as slyly as a fox
Relieved that he had finally beat some cocks

- Original poem by Evelyn Beaver

DeltaBoy

We got a Culture Change Lose weight and Get Faster!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boardon Hamsay

In before "Son of All Things The Razorback Football Program Culture Change Potentially Reminds Me of Cannonball Run I and II."  Or, if you prefer, this thread is the DeLorean on it's way to 88 mph....we're all about to see some serious darn. Fantastic!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The OTR

Randy this is excellent work.  Would you mind breaking down Arkansas football in terms of characters om goodfellas as well?

GolfNut57

-1 for calling the Roadhouse a "great" movie.  :-\
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

jkstock04

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 11, 2018, 10:21:54 pm
-1 for calling the Roadhouse a "great" movie.  :-\
Blasphemy! Arguably one of the best "guy" movies ever!

Also blasphemy for this fine thread gettinh sent to the trash!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GolfNut57

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 12, 2018, 01:58:47 am
Blasphemy! Arguably one of the best "guy" movies ever!

Also blasphemy for this fine thread gettinh sent to the trash!

Arguably being the key word here.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Johnny Bobo

This is Vinnie Ascolese

he wants to know if anybodies seen Richie. Wants to know who did Bobby Lupo

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 11, 2018, 08:45:21 pm
Randy this is excellent work.  Would you mind breaking down Arkansas football in terms of characters om goodfellas as well?

Bo Mattingly just said John Chavis looks like a hitman

Seriously.

Busted. Bo is getting his material from here.

Busted!