Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches Luncheon

Started by LadybackBBFan, January 08, 2018, 03:45:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LadybackBBFan

Coach Neighbors had his third luncheon today.  A lot of subjects were covered.  We also had a great crowd today which was nice to see.  Players who attended and were interviewed were Thomas and Weaver.  Both were a delight and did a nice job for freshman.  I also believe Chelse Dungee was there, but was not interviewed.  Coach indicated that we are farther along in our process than he had hoped for.  Our most recent fourth quarter meltdowns can be attributed to not being in that position before with the extra added pressure of the fourth quarter.  Coach even blamed it on the staff maybe concentrating on the first half more and getting off to a better start.  Anyone who watched the games know that the referees have had a tremendous negative influence on us in the fourth quarter of both Ole Miss and Alabama.  He also indicated that they will continue to be a process team, but once they get all the pieces into place - they will become a results oriented team which is what some on this board are trying to get today with comparison's to the past and what I would call unrealistic expectations on our number of wins this year.  I believe we will concentrate on process for at least the first two years - maybe three. After Sunday's loss, I probably have to reduce my projected number of wins down to 4 or 5 this year. 
We are #8 right now in SEC RPI ranking
One of the most intriguing comments was about us not being as physically strong as other SEC teams - especially Alabama.  I have noticed that weakness from our teams in the past.  It sounds like we will address that issue over the next months and years which is good to know.

flippinhogmana

yeah, I have to reduce my number of anticipated victories as well.  We have to put Bama behind us regardless of the factors.  It is far from a perfect world.  We are outmanned each game, that is just the realistic appraisal of it.  However many wins we acheive is still subordinate to the process.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Thanks for the report and insight, LBBBF!

Bblover69

Just wondering if there is any video or audio of the luncheon they had with MN and players?

nwahogfan1

I was going to ask if any of you were going to lower our wins for this year.  Thanks for addressing that.  It has to be hard for a Coach to say he is more concerned about getting better and getting his system into place than immediate results.

He did not say it but I am sure the biggest piece to winning games in the SEC is Recruiting the right players.  How is our recruiting for 2018?  2019?  Can we win over 10 SEC games in 2 years with these players???????  Or is this a 4-5 year plan?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 09:40:54 am
I was going to ask if any of you were going to lower our wins for this year.  Thanks for addressing that.  It has to be hard for a Coach to say he is more concerned about getting better and getting his system into place than immediate results.

He did not say it but I am sure the biggest piece to winning games in the SEC is Recruiting the right players.  How is our recruiting for 2018?  2019?  Can we win over 10 SEC games in 2 years with these players???????  Or is this a 4-5 year plan?

He said he will go for results when he has the players, but Dungee and Gaulden will make a difference next year.  Plus our post players will be a year old and more experienced in the system, perhaps Weaver may be able to contribute more then too.  But the next year will be the biggest step up. He also indicated that they will continue to be a process team, but once they get all the pieces into place - they will become a results oriented team
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Bblover69 on January 09, 2018, 09:24:03 am
Just wondering if there is any video or audio of the luncheon they had with MN and players?
Not that I am aware of.

psycHOGlogist

The WBB instagram account posted some excerpts today, if you want to track those down (if you have the app, or if you want to go to instagram.com and look up the RazorbackWBB account).