Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So will the Browns be dumb?

Started by HiggiePiggy, January 01, 2018, 03:34:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HiggiePiggy

And take Lamar Jackson as the first pick overall?  There is a reason they suck and have sucked for awhile.  They are not the brightest team when picking players.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

RebelliousHog

Surely they arent that dumb. He's good player and yes he has the H.  But an NFL QB? I don't think so. I would go Mayfield or Rosen  or get a great defensive player an get a QB later. I know USA Today has Jackson ranks #1 but I'm not sold.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

HiggiePiggy

The gm that picks him in the first 5 picks should be fired. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

EastexHawg

I hope not.  He is extremely talented, but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a great or even good NFL quarterback.

Jackson has exhibited poor ball security and loses too much yardage in huge sacks because he thinks he can always make a play with his feet.  If college defenses make him pay the price for that what will NFL athletes do?

I think Louisville would have been more successful the last couple of years with a Ryan Mallett or Tyler Wilson operating within Petrino's offense. 

Dr. Starcs

I'm hoping the giants take Lamar at 2. I think he is way overrated.

kp72204

Chiefs fan here. I think Dorsey puts a solid foundation in Cleveland real quick. Not challenge for division yet but some REAL progress.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 01, 2018, 09:15:00 pm
I'm hoping the giants take Lamar at 2. I think he is way overrated.

I am hoping the giants do the smart thing and trade down and get additional picks.  Cousins is out there. The vikings need to unload at least 2 QB either one would be adequate.  Besides looks like Eli will be there at least another year.  I would prefer free up the 18 million in cap space and sign a couple OL in his place.  Withe WR Giants they could make a run next year with  good FA signings and a decent QB.

QuoteAnd take Lamar Jackson as the first pick overall?  There is a reason they suck and have sucked for awhile.  They are not the brightest team when picking players.

Anyone taking Jackson in the first round would be an idiot.  He is nowhere near as good a passer as any of the previous QB like him.  That goes back to Cunningham, Vick, RGIII or even Watson last year.  He probably won't last past his rookie contract.

Michaelt

I think the Browns have actually done some interesting signings in FA this year. Getting Taylor from the Bills was something that might give them a few wins next year just on his talent, and signing Hyde was another good 3-4 win signing. If they get a QB that they can teach for 1/2 a year or so, and a couple more defensive stars then this team could possibly make a playoff run in 2019 or 2020.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

ArkyFan2626

Will the Browns be dumb? Yes, obviously yes. They will continue to be the brown stain in the league.

husker71

Mel Kiper says they will take Josh Allen with the 1st pick

Michaelt

Quote from: ArkyFan2626 on March 28, 2018, 12:40:20 pm
Will the Browns be dumb? Yes, obviously yes. They will continue to be the brown stain in the league.

I dunno, they have some new faces in upper management; Dorsey has some experience with turning things around doesn't he?
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.