Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Steven Jones

Started by Caribhog, December 15, 2017, 11:56:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 17, 2017, 03:49:11 pm
HP has won at a huge clip before, and will after JSJ, kid has 2 offers, 1 being a blue shirt, is the other commitable? I mean not even a UNT offer. Sorry this all points to a "quid pro quo".

So? And.....?

tkclark

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on December 17, 2017, 05:12:18 pm
Im an older guy, and when my brother and I went to AT&T to watch the Championship games we really were there to watch the other game. Im not a Highland Park  fan and thought that JSJ was probably the QB due to money. Left there with a total different outlook!  Also over time I will share small tidbits of info from the past. When HP won the State Title with Stafford as QB, they were losing in the last minutes of that game. Stafford throws a TD pass to win it at the end. Many will say, how is that relevant? The pass was completed on Chad Morris Stephenville Yellowjackets!!

This guy gets it.  You see him play in person and it is hard not to be impressed.  Tons of whining and pearl clutching by people who have never seen the kid take a snap.  He may not ever take a snap for the Hogs or he may start but either way he is a damn good football player.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 16, 2017, 08:56:34 am
Pretty cool that Stephen Jones' son goes to public school.  Highland Park is nice, but it's still public.

It is public but it's anything but inclusive.  Living in the district is the cutter.  Run through the photos.  If you've ever seen the campus and the main building, except for the brick color, one might thing initially think of SMU.  Big and gorgeous.

I've never seen a high school quite like it.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x864e9ef67c7b8357:0x180e74a89e7fbb9f!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/highland%2Bpark%2Bhigh%2Bschool/@32.8463556,-96.8075145,3a,75y,2.29h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211s1tI-UJPr3WRDICNbu2ud4A*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x864e9ef67c7b8357:0x180e74a89e7fbb9f!5shighland+park+high+school+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2s1tI-UJPr3WRDICNbu2ud4A&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVrsiegJPYAhVp64MKHXJBBhsQpx8IlQEwDA

hogfan58

Pretty cool that Stephen Jones' son goes to public school.  Highland Park is nice, but it's still public.

It's as close to private as a public school can get. They are always on the cusp of going up in classification from 5A to 6A, usually by very close margin. So close that some freshman and sophomore students are "encouraged" to go to private school so they stay in 5A, then when UIL comes out with classification levels, maybe those students can come back to HPHS.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

tkclark

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 18, 2017, 01:54:02 am
It is public but it's anything but inclusive.  Living in the district is the cutter.  Run through the photos.  If you've ever seen the campus and the main building, except for the brick color, one might thing initially think of SMU.  Big and gorgeous.

I've never seen a high school quite like it.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x864e9ef67c7b8357:0x180e74a89e7fbb9f!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/highland%2Bpark%2Bhigh%2Bschool/@32.8463556,-96.8075145,3a,75y,2.29h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211s1tI-UJPr3WRDICNbu2ud4A*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x864e9ef67c7b8357:0x180e74a89e7fbb9f!5shighland+park+high+school+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2s1tI-UJPr3WRDICNbu2ud4A&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVrsiegJPYAhVp64MKHXJBBhsQpx8IlQEwDA

As someone who went to SMU and lives very close to both SMU and HP high school, HP is not even a close approximation of SMU.  It is a fine school but there are others in the Dallas area as nice or nicer.  Check out Allen HS and their $60 million stadium or McKinney HS which is in the process of putting up a stadium as much or more.  HPHS is in a upscale area but as high school facilities in the DFW metroplex go it isn't the nicest or the newest by any margin, much less an SMU. 

texas tush hog

I think Chad Morris son goes to Highland Park as well.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 20, 2017, 07:25:35 pm

I think Chad Morris son goes to Highland Park as well.

He's backup QB

Richard Davenport

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 16, 2017, 02:01:11 am
Was at the game.  Dude is a player

My opinion after watching him vs. Bumper and Lovejoy HS in Sept.

RaisinHog

His team plays for the ship on chanel 676 direct TV next game up

rude1

Not trying to be mean here, BUT I didn't see an SEC caliber QB in the clip I looked at. If this is the player we run out there at QB, it needs to be in a blowout, hopefully with us ahead.

redeye

I only turned the game on 10 minutes ago, but Jones looks like a solid QB to me.  He lacks great physical traits, but he plays smart and has been making plays.

He sorta reminds me of the Allen brothers, but without the "deer in headlights" persona that haunted BA early in his career.

edit: Just heard Manvel set a record for sacks at the 5A level...  :-\

RaisinHog

Hogfan46

He's getting no protection. Kind of like our quarterbacks the past few seasons.

colbs

He's got around 300 yards in the 3rd quarter with a couple TDS and no Ints in the Texas state championship.  Not saying he will be a star but not sure what more you expect from him.

ImHogginIt

John Stephen Jones to the small percentage of you that are mouthbreathers back home in Arkiesaw !!!

hookshog

Watching the game now, very impressed with Jones.

redeye

He found a guy up the middle for the game winner.  That's really impressive for a HS QB, imo.

FraggleHog

Say what you want about his measurables... dude is a gamer
Calling the Hogs from DFW

RaisinHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 22, 2017, 10:28:04 pm
Say what you want about his measurables... dude is a gamer

Yep for sure

RaisinHog

Hoghland parks defense is god awful

redeye

Whew, I thought I was gonna regret saying "game winner" earlier...  ;D

That was a great game and JSJ came through, under pressure, like a winner!

hawgon

Gonna be our Baker Mayfield.

lumphog

pigroots

Threw for 564 yards then gave all the credit to his teammates. Coach says "he's magic". I like it

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigroots on December 22, 2017, 10:38:23 pm
Threw for 564 yards then gave all the credit to his teammates. Coach says "he's magic". I like it
kid is a flat foot baller. I mean, damn yall. he was cold friggin blooded in that title game. Baker Mayfield 2.0
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

redeye

Quote from: pigroots on December 22, 2017, 10:38:23 pm

Someone on twitter said this is a record?

tkclark

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 22, 2017, 08:07:07 pm
Agree, not playing too hot. Manvel bringing the heat, 7 sacks and first half isn't over...

Not playing too hot - LOLOLOLOL.  Kid threw for 200+ and no INTs in the first half with no protection at all.  Was running for his life.

Ended up setting the state record.  But yeah - not playing too hot.  Solid scouting by you

Hoot72

I watched the first half, and I really thought Manvel had the game sewed up.  Highland Park had a terrible defense, and Manvel's defense is big, fast, and nasty (as someone said earlier, 7 sacks at halftime).  I am surprised that HP came back to win, but you knew watching the game that if JSJ had the ball in his hands they had a chance.  If Morris' offense is anything like this, you get this kid -- because he understands what it takes. 

Soooie21

Quote from: BBHog on December 16, 2017, 02:17:44 pm
Throwing motion is exactly like Romo's
Beat me to it...He grew up around Romo...He throw's and moves around just like him...

HoggusMaximus

let's see how the kid stacks up against SEC competition but he sure looked amazing to me

JONAS

colbs

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 23, 2017, 06:52:24 am
let's see how the kid stacks up against SEC competition but he sure looked amazing to me
Manvell has 4 seniors committed to SEC schools.  I'm sure they have a few sophomores and juniors too.

BBHog

How about we offer a PWO spot for #88 on HP.  Kid looks like a gamer to me.

#1 STUNNA

Johnny football without the baggage...

#1 STUNNA

Highlights and interview with him and his coach at end... Manvell was loaded... speed everywhere

#1 STUNNA

King Kong

N HOG

He's really small, but what a player.

Manvel has three going to A&M and one each to Penn State, Missouri, Navy and North Texas.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

colbs

That Preston kid from Manvel is a beast too.

itsonlyagame

After last night, Alabama will make an offer to this kid!

colbs

Quote from: N HOG on December 23, 2017, 09:17:56 am
He's really small, but what a player.

Manvel has three going to A&M and one each to Penn State, Missouri, Navy and North Texas.
That's insane!  That's just their senior class.  I'm sure there were some juniors out there too that will be going to P5 schools.

RedyorNot

Take Jones over Bohanon in a heartbeat

forrest city joe

After what i saw last night i hope coach Morris gives this kid a full ride. he was flat out unreal in this game. yes he is small.but Doug Flutie,Drew Brees and Manziel were small. this kid has something you can not teach.smarts,talent,and he is a winner.the talent is there. the only question is the size. i say let's take a chance on him.he could turn out not so good. but he also could turn out to be the next Baker Mayfield. it's worth the chance in my opinion.the kid plays 5A ball in texas.he passed for 564 yards and 4 touchdowns. i watched that game last night and was amazed at how good he is.i hope this kid picks Arkansas. let him come here and compete for the job.

RockyMtnHog

How can he be just a 2 Star.  He is either a 4 Star or 5 Star easily.

He is 100% Arkansas according to 247 Sports.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Hugo Bezdek

Give that boy a scholarship...and let's start spelling his name right. John Stephen Jones.

RaisinHog

I wasn't convinced ... But after last night .. I'm all for giving him a shot .. it's been proven time and time again you don't have too have NFL size qbs in college football too be successful !

allhogislost

Russell Wilson combine height 5'10 and change. Nm

#1 STUNNA

5A Texas Jones> 6A arkansas Noland> 2A Arkansas Bohanon..... atleast at the high school level...