Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booger McFarland takes a shot at AR.

Started by harrisburghog, November 25, 2017, 07:43:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Athog

dmaxfan

Quote from: Athog on November 25, 2017, 12:15:37 pm
Not really!

Really? When did john L or Bielema take us to any bowl close to the sugar bowl?
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

go hogues

If Ole Miss and MSU can be numbers 1 and 2 in the country, there's absolutely zero reason why The University of Arkansas can't be.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogcards

Quote from: harrisburghog on November 25, 2017, 07:43:26 am
Said AR cannot win a national championship, best we can hope for is to beat LSU and Auburn. Also took issue with how B.B. was fired. Said we should recognize our ceiling. I SAY PI$$ ON YOU BOOGER!!!!!!!!

He's a dumb human being.  I mean really dumb.  How he got a tv gig is beyond reason.  He can't speak at all.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

SpanHog

It would've be more accurate for "Booger" to say it is UNLIKELY Arkansas will win another national championship. 

But God forbid we should ever accept that premise.  Never accept such a defeatist attitude like 1940 France did.  The day we do, we should just close up RRS for good, cancel football in every state except for Alabama, Florida, Michigan, the usual suspects in the preseason polls, and just give up on life.

And stop listening to corndogs.  Orgeron is destined to have his precious program back to perpetual mediocrity in 2 seasons.  Just gotta recruit those superstars.  Chemistry helps too.
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

GoldCoastHog

Said AR cannot win a national championship, best we can hope for is to beat LSU and Auburn. Also took issue with how B.B. was fired. Said we should recognize our ceiling. I SAY PI$$ ON YOU BOOGER!!!!!!!!

See, I remember the Curly Hallman and Gerry Dinardo years at Louisiana State. I also remember when I moved to New Orleans in October 2000. There were guys in our firm that wondered if the Tigers would ever be relevant again.
Point being, there are certainly "ebbs and flow " in college football. It's always been about coaching, and it always will be. The fact of the matter is, our conference rivals don't want us to make a strong coaching hire, because then we become yet another program to contend with on any given Saturday.
I lived in Louisiana for fifteen years, and I can tell you, first hand, they do respect us, and would prefer we not be strong. I've had numerous Tiger fans tell me this.

Tony Perkis

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Said AR cannot win a national championship
Bobby got pretty damn close. It can be done.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

rtr

Both Petrino and Nutt showed it is possible.  Booger's LSU education is showing.  Nutt was right there in 98 and 06.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

rljjr

LSU couldn't win a NC for LONG time, and probably never will again.

root_hawg

He is right, you aren't coming to Arkansas to win a national championship at least not in the Saba era and probably not as long as we are in the SEC

alohawg

He's a big 'ole booger.....he's a silly booger.....but, he's still just a booger that I'd never pick for any reason, especially his opinions on Arkansas football. It's just snot something he's knowledgeable about.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: root_hawg on November 25, 2017, 01:31:06 pm
He is right, you aren't coming to Arkansas to win a national championship at least not in the Saba era and probably not as long as we are in the SEC
Well, if you win the title game, you're in. So, we need to build back to our fourth appearance. Then, you never know.

Baconomics

When Booger went to LSU, they hadn't won a title since 1958.  He's probably glad he didn't believe 7-8 wins was their ceiling.

Tony Perkis

But can we at least aim for that?

pigbacon

You're either growing or dying. Sometimes things need to be shaken up whether it be personnel, strategic methods and approaches to the task at hand, or change in philosophy from ground roots up. With this comes some risk...and the higher the risk the higher the rewards/losses can be. Keep this in mind when the new coach is hired.

Arkansas CAN compete for SEC and National championships...but never will if it isn't a mission or desire.

If Arkansas Razorback Football program was a Fortune 500 company...what would the mission statement be?

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: pigbacon on November 25, 2017, 01:45:56 pm
You're either growing or dying. Sometimes things need to be shaken up whether it be personnel, strategic methods and approaches to the task at hand, or change in philosophy from ground roots up. With this comes some risk...and the higher the risk the higher the rewards/losses can be. Keep this in mind when the new coach is hired.

Arkansas CAN compete for SEC and National championships...but never will if it isn't a mission or desire.

If Arkansas Razorback Football program was a Fortune 500 company...what would the mission statement be?

Great points. Major college football is an investment, and should always be treated as such. You can't get conservative and "penny pinch".
The mentality should always be doing whatever it takes in the current environment and competitive landscape/ marketplace to keep the proverbial "playing field" level.
Remember when Bama was coming out of the"Mike " years? Everyone thought they were insane offering Saban $7mm/ year back in 2007.
To a man, their fan base would tell you it was worth every nickel. Now who's getting the last laugh? That $7mm has paid off in spades.
Now, that said, am I suggesting that we would collect four or five National titles in ten seasons? No. But, I do believe if we make a strong commitment and investment in coaching staffs, we will reap the benefits.
There's no reason why our program can't consistently be a top twenty player, and in certain years top ten or better. We've done it before, and we can do it again.

pigbacon

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on November 25, 2017, 01:58:18 pm
Great points. Major college football is an investment, and should always be treated as such. You can't get conservative and "penny pinch".
The mentality should always be doing whatever it takes in the current environment and competitive landscape/ marketplace to keep the proverbial "playing field" level.
Remember when Bama was coming out of the"Mike " years? Everyone thought they were insane offering Saban $7mm/ year back in 2007.
To a man, their fan base would tell you it was worth every nickel. Now who's getting the last laugh? That $7mm has paid off in spades.
Now, that said, am I suggesting that we would collect four or five National titles in ten seasons? No. But, I do believe if we make a strong commitment and investment in coaching staffs, we will reap the benefits.
There's no reason why our program can't consistently be a top twenty player, and in certain years top ten or better. We've done it before, and we can do it again.

You make some good points as well, but I want the UA to do something totally different that no other program is doing (without breaking law/NCAA rules) to not just level the playing field, but upend it swaying in our direction. What that is, I don't know. But I have some ideas.

forrest city joe

Trey Biddy with the smack down of Booger on twitter.loved reading it.     Trey Biddy‏Verified account @TreyBiddy

Trey Biddy Retweeted Booger

Take your 1-7 SEC record & be happy with it. Accept your worst 6-year stretch in 75 years & smile. You should be ashamed for not appreciating your 11-29 SEC record the last 5 yrs. Bunch of ingrates.

Quickdraw

It doesn't matter what Booger says. If I was him I'd be pissed for having the nickname Booger! Anyway, Arkansas is a second tier team because we do not have the population to support a first tier which means we can't produce as many top athletes. So, we have to recruit a bigger area that's all. We can beat these guys by getting the same caliber athletes. We have to hire a head coach who can recruit and has an eye for good up and coming assistant coaches. If he can average 8 wins a year he will be contending for conference championship every few years.

Jek Tono Porkins

Ok, well even using that as the standard, CBB was 2-3 against LSU and 2-3 against Auburn. Additionally, the past two games against Auburn were total curb-stomps.
Worse, he was 1-3 vs Mizzou, 1-4 against Mississippi State, and 0-5 against Texas A&M.
The only SEC team he had a winning record against was Ole Miss.

I harbor no ill will towards the guy, coaching in the SEC West is a hard job, but let's use facts here.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

SemperFi

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 25, 2017, 07:46:30 am
In many ways he's right: we SHOULD "recognize our ceiling." Our fans are beyond entitled, averaging more than 8.5 annual wins, over time, isn't feasible.

But we're nowhere near 8.5 wins per year, currently.

If you think like that then the Hogs, hell, every team that's not Alabama or Ohio St just shouldn't even show up. We should just concede 4 to 5 games each season so we can finish right where the idiots think we should be. I say to HELL WITH THAT! With the right Coach the ceiling is whatever he wants it to be.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

orvillesghost

When it comes to winning a NC, I think the statement is accurate probably. I don't think it can be done at Arkansas and its arguable whether winning the SEC is even achievable.

But we have to try and we have to hope. I couldn't bet any money ever on either goal but none of us, including him, have a crystal ball.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 25, 2017, 11:13:26 am
Hire Lane damn Kiffin and find out what our ceiling is.

I am tired of the likes of Booger and Dari and you Zeke, telling us what we can achieve at Arkansas. You don't have a clue.

Your damn braindead daddy could have played for 2 Natty's if he could have had enough sense to come in out of the rain.

Tired of this little Arkansas crap.

PRJ
call a man out for his actions /words.
NEVER bash someone's parents. That was classless. YOU SUCK. Not your dad. Not your mom. You.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Batesville Hogfan

10-15 years ago when Tommy B was at Clemson nobody would have seen them one day winning a Natty but they did. Wonder if Booger blasted Clemson brass for firing TB and "Not realizing their ceiling".

PORKULATOR

Quote from: orvillesghost on November 25, 2017, 04:14:44 pm
When it comes to winning a NC, I think the statement is accurate probably. I don't think it can be done at Arkansas and its arguable whether winning the SEC is even achievable.

But we have to try and we have to hope. I couldn't bet any money ever on either goal but none of us, including him, have a crystal ball.
With the lack of fear the officials have for our coach, and the bad calls that have come with it, we can't even rise from the cellar.

Give us the facemask on AA and the OPI on their last TD and we win.
Refs need fear to be fair. They'd screw BP on a few calls and he'd lose it and and yell at em until he got em nervous.  That straightened out more than one Striped shirt.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Vantage 8 dude

Yep, that's it. We SHOULD recognize our limitations and place in the SEC pecking order. Heck, why even try to improve ourselves.  :-[ :-X :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Cinco de Hogo

This thread explains why we need Gus Malzahn.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 25, 2017, 12:09:49 pm
Bielema getting fired was well past due. Should've been gone after the Toledo loss. I hope booger falls into a puddle of aids.
Wow.
Of course he should die from Aids, he hurt your little feelings with words. Over football.
Smh

forrest city joe

No he's wrong. if you want to come to Arkansas and play for the razorbacks.you need to be coming to  to win a national championship .that should always be the goal.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 25, 2017, 03:34:41 pm
Trey Biddy with the smack down of Booger on twitter.loved reading it.     Trey Biddy‏Verified account @TreyBiddy

Trey Biddy Retweeted Booger

Take your 1-7 SEC record & be happy with it. Accept your worst 6-year stretch in 75 years & smile. You should be ashamed for not appreciating your 11-29 SEC record the last 5 yrs. Bunch of ingrates.

Good job @TreyBiddy !!! +1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MemphisBossHog

As much as it stings to hear someone say what Booger said about the Ark program, I can tell you when it will stop.  It will stop when some coach steps up, gets the necessary talent and combines it with great assistant coaches and actually win an NC or gets Ark in the conversation.  Until then, that's going to be the national perception of Ark. 

Booger didn't say anything too awful.  He just did it in a condescending manner.  He didn't have to say "can't win an NC."  He could have worded it better but the point is that we haven't been relevant in quite a while.  All we have to do is simply win games and get in some big time showdowns and win them and then we will get the respect all of us want.  But for now, we are way down on the college FB totem pole.  Maybe the next coach will be the one.

SemperFi

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 25, 2017, 04:09:24 pm
That's just not rational.

8.5 annual wins, on average. That's who we've been, that's who we are (at best).

That neither precludes an SEC Title or four win season.

So let me get this right, you're standing in a kid's living room trying to recruit him to Arkansas and your pitch is that we're good for 8.5 wins at the very best, however if you want to win more and play for a Championship then go to Alabama. That's absolutely stupid! You play to win every game. You coach to win every game. You recruit, plan and execute to win EVERY game. Anything less because you were told that's the best you can do is BS! A National Championship can be won at Arkansas and Arkansas can compete with the likes of Alabama, although we may not win every game against them you still prepare as if you will.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Tusker4life

The Saban era is why we are in this situation, I remember many years that Alabama was not relevant. I watched them in the lean years between the Bear and the Saban era and they had times just like we are having. Let's be patient, get a good coach and wait for karma to to hit. Alabama will not be indestructible forever. They will be in the bottom again eventually and the rest of the conference will look good. Texas is going through the funk as well as Tennessee, LSU and Florida. Saban is just having a great run getting recruits because of their winning right now. If he steps down, you will see a spiral downward and maybe we will see a Dynasty come up elsewhere. I remember back years ago when Texas was the team everyone wanted to beat, along with Nebraska and Notre Dame, point is things change and nothing says Arkansas can't have success. We had a taste of great success in the 60's and early 70's and that has our expectations up and it's a good thing to have. Don't give up, the Razorbacks will be back. It won't be tomorrow, or maybe not in the next couple of years, but it will happen. Go Hogs!!

Don't worry about Booger and the analysts who all have an opinion. Remember that opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

dmaxfan

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 25, 2017, 04:27:27 pm
Wow.
Of course he should die from Aids, he hurt your little feelings with words. Over football.
Smh

1. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Usually use this phrase a lot. Especially those in the media outside of Arkansas that have 0 stake in our athletic department. They don't care if we win or lose. They get paid to 2nd guess.

2. Didn't say anything about wanting him to die

3 the only butthurt I see is you mad at me using the phrase.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 25, 2017, 07:46:30 am
In many ways he's right: we SHOULD "recognize our ceiling." Our fans are beyond entitled, averaging more than 8.5 annual wins, over time, isn't feasible.

But we're nowhere near 8.5 wins per year, currently.

Have you forgotten the years 2011-12? Nothing entitled about fans expecting 7-8 wins on average. It has been done here more than once in the SEC era for a 5 year period. Don't you have a job to go to Boog?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 25, 2017, 08:41:47 am
We know our place.  We know we can't compete for a title year in and year out.  We also know that we can play winning football and have a legitimate shot maybe once a decade with the right coach and at least play fun, sound football in the other years.

This. Many of the same media talking heads were panning 'Bama when they signed Saban away from the Dolphins.

They were downright gleeful during the mediocrity of Saban's first season. I recall Sunshine Rick on Drivetime Sports talking about what a blunder 'Bama made paying Saban what they did.

Not saying we can ever do what 'Bama has done since, the chances are less than miniscule, but how has that Saban to 'Bama thing worked out since the start of the 2008 season?

The same idiots who said he'd flop and was overpaid are nowhere to be found or pretend they never said it..

Those media suckups count on viewers and listeners to have short memories.

ESPN hacks said Petrino couldn't ever win here because he wouldn't be able to recruit because parents wouldn't trust him with their sons.

Tell those frontrunners there are a bunch of guys in the NFL who say "Hey!" Booger was a benchwarmer on that Buccaneer team that won the Super Bowl. I guess that qualifies him as an expert on who can win and who can't..

How many championships has Tampa won total? ONE and the media foofs said they'd not win that one.

Before Saban, how long had it been since LSU had won a championship? Of all people, that Big Mama look-alike should know that a good program can catch lightning in a bottle with the right coach for one year.

Of course, the pros have a draft that evens things out and we don't have an LSU recruiting base, but in 2006, we were very close to getting into the NC game in spite of having a Bozo for a coach..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

RebelliousHog

Booger can go have sexual intercourse with himself.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 25, 2017, 07:52:12 am

That the same thing that was said when we got rid of Nutt, then we got CBP, he had us in the top 5 his last season and were picked by many to win it all in 2012.  He was fired right when he was getting the big red machine cranked up the Harley & ran in the ditch with his paid girlfriend on board.

Fixed that.  Just correcting history....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 25, 2017, 04:15:18 pm
call a man out for his actions /words.
NEVER bash someone's parents. That was classless. YOU SUCK. Not your dad. Not your mom. You.

So....are you confirming that Houston Nutt is really Zeke's daddy?

I knew it.

PRJ

Westcoasthog

Booger McFarland ARKANSAS CAN WIN A NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP -  go pick the boogers out of your nose!

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Ben

Well. I mean how wrong is he? Arkansas doesn't have an AP or Coaches national title, and had to split with Alabama in the only one. Arkansas averages 7 wins a season in their history

A 59% win percentage with an average of 7 wins a season. 39% bowl win percentage. We haven't even won an SEC title. In some ways he is right. Arkansas' ceiling isn't what is was before integration in the 60s. Sure there can be 10 win seasons every now and then, but Arkansas always finds ways to blow chances of being consistently elite, hince the firing of Holtz, Hatfield, Petrino, and the refusing of trying to pick up Malzahn.

So unless Arkansas takes a dramatic turn starting from the top, nothing will change.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 25, 2017, 07:59:52 am
You can win a title averaging 8.5 wins over time: that doesn't put a ceiling on us, just an average. But -- no -- we're not going to win more than that, historically.

Booger is accurate.

No booger picker is not accurate he don't know jack about what can be done at Arkansas. Petrino won 21 games in two years and he's not the only coach who can do that at Arkansas. But we do have a group of the fanbase that think like you the Arkansas is nothing crowd. Right guy can get it done here. National Championship isn't something we even talk about??? How about winning more than 4 games? How about not getting bitch slapped everytime we play anybody decent? For goodness sakes we really lost to Coastal Carolina and they had a historically young oline.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Ben on November 26, 2017, 12:39:34 pm
Well. I mean how wrong is he? Arkansas doesn't have an AP or Coaches national title, and had to split with Alabama in the only one. Arkansas averages 7 wins a season in their history

A 59% win percentage with an average of 7 wins a season. 39% bowl win percentage. We haven't even won an SEC title. In some ways he is right. Arkansas' ceiling isn't what is was before integration in the 60s. Sure there can be 10 win seasons every now and then, but Arkansas always finds ways to blow chances of being consistently elite, hince the firing of Holtz, Hatfield, Petrino, and the refusing of trying to pick up Malzahn.

So unless Arkansas takes a dramatic turn starting from the top, nothing will change.

Here we go...How about Petrino winning 21 games in two years? How did that happen?

And again nobody is bringing up anything about a national championship except those that are bashing Arkansas Fans!! Nobody..I swear there is a portion of so called Arkansas fans who constantly run this program and this state down??? Screw you!

Qui Gon Jinn

Buying into this idea is just loser mentality.  If we accept his premise as correct, then just shut down he program and do something else.  No need to waste time if its never possible.   What a bunch of excrement.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 25, 2017, 07:52:12 am
That the same thing that was said when we got rid of Nutt, then we got CBP, he had us in the top 5 his last season and were picked by many to win it all in 2012.  He was fired right when he was getting the big red machine cranked up. We have everything needed to win a NC except the right HC.

Lol yep with 2 walkons starting on the OL and freshmen at LB. And the previous 2 recruiting classes cut in half. Lol
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.