Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booger McFarland takes a shot at AR.

Started by harrisburghog, November 25, 2017, 07:43:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

harrisburghog

Said AR cannot win a national championship, best we can hope for is to beat LSU and Auburn. Also took issue with how B.B. was fired. Said we should recognize our ceiling. I SAY PI$$ ON YOU BOOGER!!!!!!!!

HatfieldHog

Heck, his name is Booger, what should we expect from him?

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

hog911

Quote from: harrisburghog on November 25, 2017, 07:43:26 am
Said AR cannot win a national championship, best we can hope for is to beat LSU and Auburn. Also took issue with how B.B. was fired. Said we should recognize our ceiling. I SAY PI$$ ON YOU BOOGER!!!!!!!!

Basically he's saying we should accept failure!  No thanks boogie!

hoggusamoungus

Since 1894, we've won (split) one NC so the odds are in his favor.

online-with-swine

Condescending prick, "look at little ole Arkansas gettin' uppity and trying to win games.  Isn't that cute."  Screw him.

Torqued pork

ricepig

He does have history on his side since we joined the SEC. I'd take his side at Vegas if I wanted to make money. Of course, the majority of the conference falls into the same category, so it's nothing earth shattering. That being said, we'll continue to try win a NC!

hog911

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 25, 2017, 07:46:30 am
In many ways he's right: we SHOULD "recognize our ceiling." Our fans are beyond entitled, averaging more than 8.5 annual wins, over time, isn't feasible.

But we're nowhere near 8.5 wins per year, currently.

Bull crap Arkansas CAN, I repeat CAN win a national title and yes further improvements are required! But believe it or not Arkansas is probably the only state that can pull it off!

kid squealer

The media historically takes shots at us.  They have their "bed partner" universities and we are not one of them.  Who cares what the nose picker says!  Go Hogs!  It has happened at Arkansas and it can again!
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

Bebop

Quote from: HatfieldHog on November 25, 2017, 07:45:16 am
Heck, his name is Booger, what should we expect from him?

Exactly!

Tell Snot to blow somewhere else.

hoghiker

He's right. I'm not sure how you look at the last 30 years and see it differently. BB didn't work out. Everyone understands that. Most of the national media, which is mostly regional media, seem to think BB recovers before we do. I hope we both do well.BB obviously loves Arkansas. Too bad it didn't work out for all concerned.

kid squealer

Another thought...what do these talking heads want us to do?  Just fund a program and lay down to let others walk all over us.  I guess we should just play intramurals.  Ridiculous! 

Hoggie17

In many ways he's right: we SHOULD "recognize our ceiling." Our fans are beyond entitled, averaging more than 8.5 annual wins, over time, isn't feasible.

That the same thing that was said when we got rid of Nutt, then we got CBP, he had us in the top 5 his last season and were picked by many to win it all in 2012.  He was fired right when he was getting the big red machine cranked up. We have everything needed to win a NC except the right HC.

M L (bassplayer)

Most true fans recognize our situation but No One wants to play the game thinking about a "ceiling".

HornetHog

RECRUITING with the Right Coaching Staff ,...and all things can happen.
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

Wants2Win

I'd be fine with a coach that can win 8 and be competitive in the losses. We can do better.

(notOM)Rebel123

All the chatter will settle down by this afternoon. The media will have their noses so far up in the Iron Bowl, they'll forget all about us. We just happened to give them some material to carry them from Friday night until about noon today.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Lanny

Do you take any serious that calls himself "booger"
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HawgPilot

Quote from: Lanny on November 25, 2017, 07:53:25 am
Do you take any serious that calls himself "booger"

Apparently seriously enough to express concern here...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HawgPilot on November 25, 2017, 07:55:18 am
Apparently seriously enough to express concern here...

It doesn't take much to set off a lot of posters.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The only reason he included LSU was because of the number of times we have smacked dat ass.!! This SEC hierarchy of mind F!@# that the league is under is ridiculous. It is how we suffer in recruiting right down to officiating. We saw it in all of it's ugliness as the SEC balked back as Petrino started to make them liars. We do not need to hire any coach who doesn't believe that he can come here and whoop Bama's ass... Period! <-- Is it irony to answer a one word sentence with punctuation that is the exact opposite of the subject word..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

kid squealer

Quote from: HornetHog on November 25, 2017, 07:52:16 am
RECRUITING with the Right Coaching Staff ,...and all things can happen.
^^^This!  Im sure, from a media standpoint, no one thought a Nolan Richardson could bring a NC to lowly Arkansas. The right players, coaches and system can and will get it done.  Forget the booger and the media and let's not cower down to their implications about our program.  IT CAN BE DONE!  Believe it!

jkstock04

This type of stuff is inevitable. These guys enjoy watching Arkansas in the cellar, especially with a nice guy coach. They think you and I should shut up and enjoy days like yesterday.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogBreath

Every year thirteen of the fourteen SEC teams will not win a championship, so we've got plenty of good company there.

Petrino showed that it can be done here, no question there, sadly, we had a self serving AD who used Jessica gate to further his own agenda.  CBP got the blame, and why not, he's an easy mark, but it was Long, who was even more derelict in his duty to the program.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

ricepig

Quote from: kid squealer on November 25, 2017, 07:59:18 am
^^^This!  Im sure, from a media standpoint, no one thought a Nolan Richardson could bring a NC to lowly Arkansas. The right players, coaches and system can and will get it done.  Forget the booger and the media and let's not cower down to their implications about our program.  IT CAN BE DONE!  Believe it!

Well, to be honest, Sutton had us knocking on the door a few times.....

hoghiker

BB needed to go but I'd bet anyone on this board a stack of pancakes and a bottle of Johnny Walker we don't win a national championship in football in their lifetime. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I'd be giddy happy. I still doubt it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2017, 08:03:46 am
Well, to be honest, Sutton had us knocking on the door a few times.....

Petrino had us close too. He was as close as we've been in a long time.
This is my non-signature signature.

Jimbob111

Our ceiling? You mean the ceiling we hit all those years when we beat his Alma Mater?  Would that be the National Championship season, the 10 win seasons or the 11 win season? what exactly is the ceiling?

That's funny to me when someone from LSU, which is neither historically nor currently a national program, talking about someone else's "ceiling".

Tell me this:  What was LSU's record from 1970 to 1980? what was their record from 1980 to 1990? What was their record from 1990 to 2000? 

The same people that will tell you that historical wins mean nothing today are the people who do not have historical wins.

And just for arguments sake, what was LSU's record against Arkansas during Booger's tenure there?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Hawghiggs

Look at Wisconsin this season. Every talking head says that they should not be in the playoff. This is what would happen if Arkansas was in the same position. We would hear from everyone that the SEC is down and shouldn't be rewarded a spot in the playoff.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 25, 2017, 07:48:06 am
11-29 is not our ceiling.

Precisely.  Booger is just mad nobody ever picks him.

EastexHawg

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 25, 2017, 07:47:48 am
Condescending prick, "look at little ole Arkansas gettin' uppity and trying to win games.  Isn't that cute."  Screw him.

Couldn't have said it better.  We are supposed to just accept being cellar dwellers and leave the winning to Alabama, LSU, and Auburn. 

I just love having people who couldn't care less about Arkansas tell us where our place is and what we should accept.

Dark Helmet Hog

I don't give a rip about what anyone in the national media has to day. They know nothing and will forget about this in a week.

EastexHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 25, 2017, 08:07:20 am
There's the BS fallacy.

No, he (Petrino) didn't. In fact, he never came close. Of this, there's "no question."

Even hyperbole is typically based on a foundation of reality to extrapolate from... Sigh...  :puke:

Booger is right, in general.

Okay, what Petrino showed us is that an outstanding coach can win more SEC games in two years than a mediocre to poor coach can win in five.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Jimbob111 on November 25, 2017, 08:06:36 am
Our ceiling? You mean the ceiling we hit all those years when we beat his Alma Mater?  Would that be the National Championship season, the 10 win seasons or the 11 win season? what exactly is the ceiling?

That's funny to me when someone from LSU, which is neither historically nor currently a national program, talking about someone else's "ceiling".

Tell me this:  What was LSU's record from 1970 to 1980? what was their record from 1980 to 1990? What was their record from 1990 to 2000? 

The same people that will tell you that historical wins mean nothing today are the people who do not have historical wins.

And just for arguments sake, what was LSU's record against Arkansas during Booger's tenure there?  I'm too lazy to look it up.

3-1 vs Hogs
LSU won in '95,'96, & '97. Hogs won in '98.

hawg IQ

[/quote Well before Saban came to Bama. They were down, yet he built a power house. I believe if we can start a winning tradition again, we can compete for west title. You win that, we play sec championship game, win that, we play for NC, So that untrue ! The problem we have is outside of the original sec teams, the conference is aligned against teams  such as hogs, Missouri, tamu, South Carolina because we are viewed as outsiders. So we get bad refs and such in big games.
go hogs go !

_Hamlet_

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 25, 2017, 08:09:54 am
I don't give a rip about what anyone in the national media has to day. They know nothing and will forget about this in a week.

And some guy from Arkansas knows more??

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 25, 2017, 08:12:45 am
And some guy from Arkansas knows more??

...probably just as much. Just because someone is on television or radio, doesn't mean they are smart.

DeltaBoy

He been pretty nice about us but he just parroting the ESPN line that we are mind our place and not aspire to greatness!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogfanmd

Booger is an LSU guy
He doesn't respect Arkansas
He probably wanted Beliema to stay just like we wanted Miles to stay at LSU
If you let others decide what you can and can't be your likely headed for mediocrity.
The only metric we need to focus on is the ability to hire the right coach

HawgWyld

Can't criticize him too much. He sounds like a lot of Razorbacks fans -- the ones who think middle-tier in the SEC West is about as much as we can expect.

havok

All these people like McFarland just wants to keep Arkansas down, as a Guaranteed blow out for their favorite SEC teams. They fear we might actually become competitive.

WhenPigsFly

Took hits nationally when HDN was fired, too.  Who has wanted to hire him since Ole Miss?

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on November 25, 2017, 08:29:15 am
Took hits nationally when HDN was fired, too.  Who has wanted to hire him since Ole Miss?

Boom!

HamIAm

100%Razorback

jgphillips3

We know our place.  We know we can't compete for a title year in and year out.  We also know that we can play winning football and have a legitimate shot maybe once a decade with the right coach and at least play fun, sound football in the other years.

JONAS

Didn't he a few days ago report that Gus was going to be our coach?  He knew and everybody knew that Bret was being fired.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: HamIAm on November 25, 2017, 08:35:43 am
In that case lets beat LSU & Auburn
Both of thise teams are capable of winning National Championships.  If we can beat those teams then we can compete with anyone.  I don't understand his statement. "The best we can hope for is to beat 2 very good football teams".  Doesn't seem that our ceiling is quite as low as he wants it to be.

pigmania

With a name like Booger, you can never be wrong!