Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interim Athletics Director Julie Cromer Peoples Said...

Started by moses_007, November 24, 2017, 08:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

... that she was going to select our next head football coach, with Chancellor Steinmetz' approval.

Is that the way it should be done? 

I thought the BOT had already decided it was between Gus and Norvell.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

moses_007

She also said that she and Steinmetz didn't decide to fire Bielema until today.  I don't buy that.

tbailey

Yea I got some ocean front property here in Springdale too!

HoGs1031

theFlyingHog

She is the mouthpiece for athletics at this point. That is the extent of her role

cal34

No way,  i'm sure they did what they were told.  They will hire whoever the money people tell them to hire.

moses_007

She also said the new coach wouldn't necessarily be a Southerner, or a coach with SEC experience either. 

That's not what we've been hearing since Jeff Long was fired.

Wildbill

but she will not be the only one when it comes to hiring the next coach.  The wheels have been turning for a while. 

jwpattyson

No way in hell she has a say so in the next coach. She's drunk if she actually believes that.
Give me Razorback sports or give me death.

007 License To Squeal

Yep....no search committee means a deal is pending with a new coach.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

lookawayquick

I'm all for it.  Committee decisions generally are poor ones.  Too much GOBN influence.  Give her the power and let her get it done. 

Wildbill

Quote from: moses_007 on November 24, 2017, 08:02:38 pm
... that she was going to select our next head football coach, with Chancellor Steinmetz' approval.

She will not be the only one to hire the next coach!!!

Hawgphish

I just cannot believe that an interim AD will choose the next HC.

HogFan219

Maybe no search committee because the search is already over?

ricepig

Quote from: tbailey on November 24, 2017, 08:04:15 pm
Yea I got some ocean front property here in Springdale too!

Pacific or Atlantic, or is a ways away like the Indian?

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jwpattyson on November 24, 2017, 08:06:21 pm
No way in hell she has a say so in the next coach. She's drunk if she actually believes that.
See my post above. She's just at the podium for soundbites

SurfnSun

Quote from: moses_007 on November 24, 2017, 08:04:02 pm
She also said that she and Steinmetz didn't decide to fire Bielema until today.  I don't buy that.

You're right...that's not true.

TebowHater

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 24, 2017, 08:06:46 pm
I just cannot believe that an interim AD will choose the next HC.

Yeah that is not happening

moses_007

She also said that she would lean on her contacts within the NCAA football ranks to find the right coach.  She indicated she had hired a coach at Indiana University.

I find it difficult to believe that they would turn this completely over to someone who's only been assistant AD., and had never been on camera before here.

WilsonHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 24, 2017, 08:05:15 pm
She also said the new coach wouldn't necessarily be a Southerner, or a coach with SEC experience either. 

But he will understand Arkansas and our culture, so.....

mweston

Smokescreen....if it really is Gus then she has to throw people off the scent. 

Face it she's nothing more than a puppet for the powers that be to control and run the show for better or for worse.

Dark Helmet Hog

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bacons Rebellion

She should not eliminate anyone in a press conference like this.

tbailey

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 08:07:15 pm
Pacific or Atlantic, or is a ways away like the Indian?
I may have played my hand a little like the interim AD! I completely mispoke!  Its more like a sea! The Dead Sea!

1highhog

Our Coach is already down to the final two people they reached out to.  They will have it all wrapped up by the end of next weekend.  I can't divulge who the two are, but most will be happy with either one, unfortunately, some are not going to be happy regardless who came here to Coach.

moses_007

Quote from: mweston on November 24, 2017, 08:08:05 pm
Smokescreen....if it really is Gus then she has to throw people off the scent. 

Face it she's nothing more than a puppet for the powers that be to control and run the show for better or for worse.
I hope you're right.  I can't fathom the BOT turning this over to some unknown person in the athletic department, particularly since that person was Jeff Long's right hand woman.

Letsroll1200

I was concerned when she mentioned beibg apart of hiring a Coach at Indiana. I hope like hell somebody else is in the room before the Chancellor gives her that tupe of power.

BigoBoys

Well the experts on here have said it is between Gus and Norvell

Hawgphish

Ok, I fed up with the university propaganda. Enough.  To have an interim AD say she was formulating a list and is confident in choosing the next HC.  Come on.   

old_school_hawg

Quote from: cal34 on November 24, 2017, 08:05:14 pm
No way,  i'm sure they did what they were told.  They will hire whoever the money people tell them to hire.

^^^^This. She's not making any decisions she not told to make for now. Agents and representatives have most likely been negotiating for weeks between candidates and the UA. She handled herself well, but I think everyone can see through the BS.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

moses_007

It's Gus' job to turn down.  If he does turn it down, Norvell is our next coach.

a0ashle

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 24, 2017, 08:13:19 pm
Ok, I fed up with the university propaganda. Enough.  To have an interim AD say she was formulating a list and is confident in choosing the next HC.  Come on.   

Don't forget it was her decision to fire Bielema...

I don't know her very well, and I don't know her situation. I hope she doesn't end up being the fall person down the road.

srazorback

No way will she select the next coach unless it is from a list of 1

Pork Ranger

Quote from: moses_007 on November 24, 2017, 08:04:02 pm

Yeah i didn't buy much of what she said at all

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: srazorback on November 24, 2017, 08:18:33 pm
No way will she select the next coach unless it is from a list of 1

She has a decision tree.

buldozer

Everything she said was in parsed words and leave the answers less than 100% firm. She prolly will get coffee for those making the decision would be my guess.

lasthog

Too much of this kind of bravado and the "interim" will be replaced with -ex.

RebelliousHog

A lot of you "thought" a lot of crap.  Just because people claimed it on social media does not the truth make.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

mizzouman

I don't not believe she will make the decision. The decision is already made or will be made by collaboration.

There's no way that Arkansas should allow an interim AD to make this call.

greenie

Quote from: buldozer on November 24, 2017, 08:21:35 pm
Everything she said was in parsed words and leave the answers less than 100% firm. She prolly will get coffee for those making the decision would be my guess.

Exactly. This women will return to obscurity in a matter of days. She has no more say over hiring than I do.

cal34

Quote from: mizzouman on November 24, 2017, 08:24:37 pm
I don't not believe she will make the decision. The decision is already made or will be made by collaboration.

There's no way that Arkansas should allow an interim AD to make this call.

The same people that Bret said made the decision to fire him will be making the decision on the new coach.  They probably already have.  JCP and Steinmetz didn't make the decision to fire Bret.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hogfather

forrest city joe

I think things are already in motion for the head coach,and the A.D. i hope Pork comes on and gives us some behind the scenes on this.

The Hogfather

Quote from: 1highhog on November 24, 2017, 08:11:14 pm
Our Coach is already down to the final two people they reached out to.  They will have it all wrapped up by the end of next weekend.  I can't divulge who the two are, but most will be happy with either one, unfortunately, some are not going to be happy regardless who came here to Coach.

I won't be overly happy with Gus or Norvell.  I'll accept it and we could certainly do worse.  I juat feel really iffy about both of them.