Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rhoads is interim HC

Started by Salted Pork, November 24, 2017, 07:52:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Salted Pork

Cylinder

cal34

Yep, in the days leading up to the new coach. Something like that.

codeHog

TebowHater

Pigstie

Quote from: codeHog on November 24, 2017, 07:55:39 pm
why is this not broadcast
It was on the school website. All coaches so far retained. Rhodes is interim hc, for whatever that's worth.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Salted Pork

And JCP will lead FB HC search, NO COMMITTEE, and Steinmetz will lead AD search

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

shanewayne

And most important, JCP is LEADING the search for the new coach. No committe  Hmm???
The decisions that you make today WILL affect you for the rest of your life.

cal34

Quote from: shanewayne on November 24, 2017, 07:59:17 pm
And most important, JCP is LEADING the search for the new coach. No committe  Hmm???

Very,  she also said in the days leading up to the new coach.  don't remember if she said being hired or named.
Kinda sounds like they already know who it is?

Bacons Rebellion

Committees slow things down. Committees are victims to group think. It's likely that the decision tree is already in place, particularly if you believe various HV posts.

HoggyCat

Quote from: shanewayne on November 24, 2017, 07:59:17 pm

Uh oh.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

mj4president

Good decision as he has previous head coaching expierence.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

toxichog

I believe it was time to part ways with CBB...............but am I the only one that thinks this looking like a dumpster fire?  No AD........Julie and Steinmetz looking for our next coach.......who won't know who his boss will be...........how did we get here?

Torqued pork

hog1984

Quote from: toxichog on November 24, 2017, 08:05:16 pm
I believe it was time to part ways with CBB...............but am I the only one that thinks this looking like a dumpster fire?  No AD........Julie and Steinmetz looking for our next coach.......who won't know who his boss will be...........how did we get here?

But she is the athletic boss. She just has interim by her name.

Boarcephus

Quote from: elksnort on November 24, 2017, 08:03:23 pm
Sirry, I am feeling tacky.

No problem. It's just comical to me they would name an IHC after all that's happened this year.  He'll be there for what, 2, 3 or 4 weeks?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hoglady

She also said she had people she would lean on for advice and input.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cal34

Quote from: hoglady on November 24, 2017, 08:10:04 pm
She also said she had people she would lean on for advice and input.

The same ones that told her to fire Coach B for sure lol.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 24, 2017, 08:06:53 pm
Based on his stellar defense.

No joke!  We gave up 35 first downs, 48 points and 696 yards total offense to Mizzou today. If that doesn't earn you the IHC position, not sure what does. 

texhog22

JCP my be a " Dr Belinda Brown ( vice-Principals). ( she don't play)

https://youtu.be/fkKLB3LHLbI

Cylinder

The next weeks will be as busy and decision-filled as any game week. Open recruiting period starts Sunday.

hehawg

The manner in which this has all unfolded makes me wonder
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

TOM "tbw1"

Public hangings have had more class. This has been orchestrated from the beginning by people who put their interest first. JMHO and I hope I'm proven totally wrong.  Nothing would make me any happier.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

ICEman

How has her hire at Indiana panned out?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Torqued pork

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 24, 2017, 08:15:26 pm
Public hangings have had more class. This has been orchestrated from the beginning by people who put their interest first. JMHO and I hope I'm proven totally wrong.  Nothing would make me any happier.
Whatever. I hope to never see a time when Bielema's record is good enough.

kp72204

It does sound like they have their guy already. I hope it's Pete Carroll. Seattle team is old and he might be looking for a new challenge. Yeah right!!!!!!

sshawg

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 24, 2017, 08:15:26 pm
[/qu
I swear, do some you not read or listen.  Or just don't want to hear so you can just continue to run your mouth.  They did it the only way they could and Coach be able to tell his players before they left for their Thanksgiving break.  He WAS NOT told on the field.  Most of you that are griping have been in the lead about getting rid of him. But now you're upset cause you think he was mistreated.  How about all the things you've said on this board over the last few weeks about him.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Salted Pork on November 24, 2017, 07:58:46 pm
And JCP will lead FB HC search, NO COMMITTEE, and Steinmetz will lead AD search

JC Penny's is going bankrupt and closing stores, should they be picking the new head coach...  Will the team not wear Nike next year but go with the Stafford brand, maybe the slacks with the elastic waistband. 😜
SEC!

texas tush hog

Quote from: kp72204 on November 24, 2017, 08:26:31 pm
It does sound like they have their guy already. I hope it's Pete Carroll. Seattle team is old and he might be looking for a new challenge. Yeah right!!!!!!

Does Gus suit you?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: ICEman on November 24, 2017, 08:17:34 pm
How has her hire at Indiana panned out?

She got someone to take the job. That was a win, right there.

Indiana is 5-6 and playing to be bowl eligible. Ouch.

Slater

Arkansas being roasted by the media, and yes, to the dummies that hate the media it is NOT a good thing.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Svrdhd

Enos moving on too quick to serve as interim, Rhoads ain't going anywhere immediately.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

jvanhorn

Quote from: hehawg on November 24, 2017, 08:20:26 pm
Not good

LOL, well when has any hire at Indiana worked out--unless you count Bobby Knight.

synthartist69

Fire Rhoads, worse defense ever.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogindasticks

Think though.....the new AD did not hire, so he can't be held accountable for the hiring......smh...if the Interim hires and bows out....no ones fault for the next one...she is an absolute fall guy.

As far as the staff being retained...the new coach will be the axe man on that one.

HognotinMemphis

Stupid. The program does not need an interim head coach. Just tell us the search is on and that the chancellor will be in charge of the program until the new head coach starts. What is he going to do other than admin work.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HawgPilot

code red

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 24, 2017, 08:09:13 pm
No problem. It's just comical to me they would name an IHC after all that's happened this year.  He'll be there for what, 2, 3 or 4 weeks?
Agreed I will say this.  AD Julie is a take charge personality.....she cast herself and the University well tonight.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

old_school_hawg

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 24, 2017, 08:44:17 pm
JC Penny's is going bankrupt and closing stores, should they be picking the new head coach...  Will the team not wear Nike next year but go with the Stafford brand, maybe the slacks with the elastic waistband. 😜

I love the Stafford brand!!!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

AirWarren

jvanhorn

Quote from: HawgPilot on November 24, 2017, 10:34:52 pm
Works for me.
Doesnt' work for me.  I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and I don't trust him as far as I could throw a Toyota Camry. 

goodguytex

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 25, 2017, 01:13:31 am
Doesnt' work for me.  I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and I don't trust him as far as I could throw a Toyota Camry.
This!!

Al Boarland

Yes, everyone is laughing at us.

RedRock