Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC fans making plans for the game on September 2nd

Started by piglett06, July 20, 2006, 04:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

My guess is most of the USC "plans" are being talked about by people who wont even be here.  And, I wonder how many of them have ever felt 90+ degrees with 50+% humidity.  Those So Cal dandies will melt in the usualy early Sept Ar heat.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsNbeer

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on July 21, 2006, 01:50:18 pm
Gotta add our gals..cant just have theirs on here...

+1 for you my friend.... Much better..

Smithian

July 21, 2006, 02:02:32 pm #52 Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:07:32 pm by Smithian
Quote from: KEYS on July 21, 2006, 09:47:59 am
Proposed white shirts for Razorback fans at opener...
Nice, Keys. Took me a minute to figure out.

hog caller

whoop de doo, what do you figure they will have there 2 or 3 thousand people in a sea of red .that seems like enough harrassment for me. they will know how to call the hogs before they leave i hope.
i hope they have to [put folding chairs in the aisles and side lines. let's fill it up. Go Hogs!

hog caller

you know, some of those USC fans coming here might be HOG fans. let em growl,and grunt.

hogsanity

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on July 21, 2006, 01:34:23 pm
Quote from: ghg1 on July 21, 2006, 11:00:16 am
Quote from: beatnikluv on July 21, 2006, 09:29:58 am
I think the song girls are their cheerleaders? ???

I think they're more like the pom squad.

I'd hi....errr...yeah

That picture of their pom squad is all the recruting they need.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JOESC

Looks like every thing we'll need is going to be in close...

-Respect The Opponent-

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: JOESC on July 21, 2006, 02:11:42 pm

HOpe you guys have a very nice trip but I do hope you are disappointed when the scoreboard reads 00:00.

Gonna be a good one.

LETS GO HOGS!

LA HAWG

Yes but the only thing that map doesn't show is the hills.  It is a pretty good climb from the gardens to the stadium.

JOESC

July 21, 2006, 02:23:51 pm #59 Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:26:14 pm by JOESC
Quote from: hogsanity on July 21, 2006, 01:52:32 pm
My guess is most of the USC "plans" are being talked about by people who wont even be here.  And, I wonder how many of them have ever felt 90+ degrees with 50+% humidity.  Those So Cal dandies will melt in the usualy early Sept Ar heat.

hogsanity...
There will be a lot of us "show up" and these plans are created for all the people traveling...
Believe me there will be a lot of Trojans on campus September 2nd...

Heat...Humidity...so?

That doesn't stop Trojans Travelers...
We've been to Auburn in stifling heat and humidity along with LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, FSU, Florida...so?
Both teams and fans have to be in it...so?
Like Shawn Cody said after the Auburn game in 2003 when the media ask if the heat affected them...he said "We only had to play in it for three hours...they have to live in it all the time..."
hogsanity...the heat won't stop us... We're coming to have a great time to witness a great game and atmosphere... The heat and humidity are just one part of the equation...

-Respect The Opponent-

TulsaHogFan

Here is to wishing its a very long flight home for our friendly visitors.

Faedian7

July 21, 2006, 02:32:43 pm #61 Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:36:59 pm by Faedian7
Quote from: JOESC on July 21, 2006, 01:40:04 pm
ghg1..."The Gardens" location looks like it's just a couple blocks away from the stadium.
Selecting an area close to the stadium is typical of where the TMB usually conducts their pre-game rallies.
Thanks...

ghg1...a favor...?

Could you locate The Inn at Carnall Hall on this map for me?
Also what side of campus is Dickson Street?

Hope this helps...

Edit: Sorry...was beat out by Keys  :)

ghg1

Yes.  The campus outhouses are even right across the street from Carnall.

qakhed

Hey Joe, can we pick which three or four "song girls" come? We could take a vote and send it to your admin.  ;D
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

JOESC

July 21, 2006, 08:14:24 pm #64 Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 08:19:46 pm by JOESC
gakhed...every one of those Song Girls have their own particular following...so get in line.
However, USC is a private school and the Song Girls are quite insolated and protected from the public. There is no democracy or bureaucracy when dealing with the Song Girls availability. So the vote your request qakhed is non existent.
However they will pose for pictures with fans, and alumni at band functions and casual events at times.
One of the booster clubs one time proposed the Song Girls pose for pictures for money... That idea was
slammed down shut by the band director Dr. Arthur C.  Bartner. Dr. Bartner is one tough general in total control of all things band related...for the last 36 years...Song Girls included.
During rallies Dr. Bartner even avoids having them elevated up on stage...although sometime they have to be because of limited space at a venue.
Usually their dance routines are performed ground level in front of the band...
Unless your up in the front couple of rows you cannot fully appreciate their "talents"...
I've had the pleasure, several times, of being in crowded events where the Song Girls were just inches away from me dancing, twirling and kicking...
Believe me you can feel the heat emitting from their hard bodies...
The band practices longer than the team and the Song Girls practice longer than the band...
Their practice and repetitive work builds them into athletic hard bodies, along with glamorous faces and long hair.

Yes indeed the renowned, famous USC Song Girls are all of that mystique and then some...

-Respect The Opponent-

Burnt Orange Sucks

All   I have to say is we had better not have USC fans going home, whether they win or lose, talking about how Hog fans suck and Hog fans just let the trojan fans set up camp right outside of the stadium to throw a pep rally!!!!!!

WE HAD BETTER SHOW UP IN GROVES WITH FLAGS, HORNS, BELLS, AND THE HOG CALL TO DROWN THEM OUT. I'LL DEFINATELY BE AT THE " GARDEN " WITH MY POSSE!!!
I hate to steal the Dallas Mavericks saying, but we should be   ROWDY, PROUD, AND LOUD!!
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

ghg1

Quote from: Burnt Orange Sucks on July 21, 2006, 09:46:25 pm

WE HAD BETTER SHOW UP IN GROVES

Is that similar to showing up in droves, or are you just wanting fans to go to Oxford Mississippi?

beatnikluv

I just hope we can all keep it classy.  Last thing we need is another mark on our reputation. 

Knowing hogvillians, I see no problem - it's the "other people" I worry about lol

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: JOESC on July 21, 2006, 08:14:24 pm
gakhed...every one of those Song Girls have their own particular following...so get in line.
However, USC is a private school and the Song Girls are quite insolated and protected from the public. There is no democracy or bureaucracy when dealing with the Song Girls availability. So the vote your request qakhed is non existent.
However they will pose for pictures with fans, and alumni at band functions and casual events at times.
One of the booster clubs one time proposed the Song Girls pose for pictures for money... That idea was
slammed down shut by the band director Dr. Arthur C.  Bartner. Dr. Bartner is one tough general in total control of all things band related...for the last 36 years...Song Girls included.
During rallies Dr. Bartner even avoids having them elevated up on stage...although sometime they have to be because of limited space at a venue.
Usually their dance routines are performed ground level in front of the band...
Unless your up in the front couple of rows you cannot fully appreciate their "talents"...
I've had the pleasure, several times, of being in crowded events where the Song Girls were just inches away from me dancing, twirling and kicking...
Believe me you can feel the heat emitting from their hard bodies...
The band practices longer than the team and the Song Girls practice longer than the band...
Their practice and repetitive work builds them into athletic hard bodies, along with glamorous faces and long hair.

Yes indeed the renowned, famous USC Song Girls are all of that mystique and then some...

I will most def check out the sceneray at the  SC pep rally!

SONG GIRLS!!!!!

BigHog396

Well, our football program may suck right know (hopefully we can turn that around in one fell swoop against USC), but at least USC fans will get to see what real athletic facilities look like.  They will have the privilege of walking amongst the most amazing collection of men's athletic facilities in the nation.

ghg1

Quote from: JOESC on July 21, 2006, 08:14:24 pm

USC is a private school...

Interestingly, a private school with 15,000 more students than the University of Arkansas. 

JOESC

ghg1...about your numbers...?

How many students and graduate students are attending the University of Arkansas?

At USC the graduate school has a larger number of students than the undergraduate school.

Just off the top of my head...at USC it's like 15 thousand undergraduate students, with a larger graduate and research facility students at about 16 thousand...

Could the USC  "16 K graduate school" numbers be the difference?
-Respect The Opponent-

bigred7987

Arkansas has 15k but I can't remember if thats undergrad or undergrad and grad combined...
I don't understand whats so special about the song girls? could someone explain

JOESC

Quote from: bigred7987 on July 22, 2006, 02:13:31 am
Arkansas has 15k but I can't remember if thats undergrad or undergrad and grad combined...

"...I don't understand whats so special about the song girls? could someone explain..."

bigred7987...
Get up close and personal when they do what the do...
Then ask that question...
-Respect The Opponent-

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: bigred7987 on July 22, 2006, 02:13:31 am
I don't understand whats so special about the song girls? could someone explain

Its........THE SONGS GIRLS!!!!!

They ooze of hotness.

JoeHawg

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on July 20, 2006, 05:18:41 pm
I say set up the hogville.net tail gate right in the middle of where they plan on havin the rally ;)

I have a spot in the Gardens   Any and all welcome to come

Once a Hog Always a Hog

ghg1

Quote from: JOESC on July 22, 2006, 02:03:06 am
ghg1...about your numbers...?

How many students and graduate students are attending the University of Arkansas?

At USC the graduate school has a larger number of students than the undergraduate school.

Just off the top of my head...at USC it's like 15 thousand undergraduate students, with a larger graduate and research facility students at about 16 thousand...

Could the USC  "16 K graduate school" numbers be the difference?

UA's total enrollment is 17,269

13,817 undergraduates.

edmo

Quote from: JoeHawg on July 22, 2006, 08:24:05 am
I say set up the hogville.net tail gate right in the middle of where they plan on havin the rally ;)

I have a spot in the Gardens   Any and all welcome to come

[/quot
Quote from: JoeHawg on July 22, 2006, 08:24:05 am

I have a spot in the Gardens   Any and all welcome to come

Me too!!!! I am ready to get the Garden Rolling. Everyone needs to come early and get ready for the game!!!!!!!!

EDMO

JOESC

{UA's total enrollment is 17,269

13,817 undergraduates.}

That total number surprises me...somehow I thought being the major public school in the state, the University of Arkansas would have many more students.

Are there other universities in the state that have a larger enrollment than UA?
-Respect The Opponent-

GorillaJMonsoon

No but seeing that Arkansas is mostly rural, it makes sense that many high school graduates might prefer a smaller college setting. Arkansas has a lot of smaller colleges and some are quite good. 

JOESC

{It's the largest.  The thing is, Los Angeles alone probably rivals Arkansas in terms of population... I think Arkansas' population is somewhere around 3 million}.

Yes indeed the Los Angeles population is about 2.7 million, just within the city limits.
California state population is pushing 40 million and 2/3 of those people live in Southern California...

-Respect The Opponent-

JOESC

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 22, 2006, 10:57:23 am
No but seeing that Arkansas is mostly rural, it makes sense that many high school graduates might prefer a smaller college setting. Arkansas has a lot of smaller colleges and some are quite good. 

GJM  That is totally understandable...
One of the many amazing features about California is the state is so large in size that we still have vast areas of wilderness...Just the High Sierra's alone provide more breath taking wilderness area than most other states have in total.
-Respect The Opponent-

ghg1

<>

Big Papa Satan

The 2005 estimate for Arkansas' population was 2.7 million, close to 2.8.

bigred7987

When I was at orientation they gave the reason for so many texas students as this, especially Dallas area.  The Dallas area has just as many high school graduates as the whole state of AR.  Population isn't on Arkansas side, but I love Arkansas' size. 

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: bigred7987 on July 22, 2006, 12:43:26 pm
When I was at orientation they gave the reason for so many texas students as this, especially Dallas area.  The Dallas area has just as many high school graduates as the whole state of AR.  Population isn't on Arkansas side, but I love Arkansas' size. 
As a student, i would not want to be at a school with 50k other people.

Odds are you'd probably be in a class with about 600 other people and that would be really really weird.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: HoopHog on July 22, 2006, 12:53:32 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 22, 2006, 12:45:35 pm
Quote from: bigred7987 on July 22, 2006, 12:43:26 pm
As a student, i would not want to be at a school with 50k other people.

Odds are you'd probably be in a class with about 600 other people and that would be really really weird.

600...they have freshman level lecture classes with over 1000 kids in a lecture room.  You are right...you DO end up being a number.

a lecture session with 1000 other students would be crazy!

I can barely pay attention with 30 other students.

qakhed

I went to SBU, and my largest class there was a psych class and there was probably 50 or 60. Most of my classes were under 30.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: JOESC on July 22, 2006, 12:11:39 pm
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 22, 2006, 10:57:23 am

GJM  That is totally understandable...
One of the many amazing features about California is the state is so large in size that we still have vast areas of wilderness...Just the High Sierra's alone provide more breath taking wilderness area than most other states have in total.

I must admit that when I was working on the West Coast, I took the time to drive through wine country, and up to Chico and Redding.  Some of the most rural towns that actually reminded me of places I had been in Arkansas.  And the mountains up there are BREATHTAKING.

Joe- When I was out there, I was told a statistic that shocked me.  The owner of the company I worked for said that 1 out of 5 Americans lived south of Los Angeles, or whatever they believe the cutoff for southern California.  That sounded a bit high, is it correct??
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

JOESC

July 25, 2006, 11:12:32 am #89 Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:25:51 am by JOESC
"...Joe- When I was out there, I was told a statistic that shocked me.  The owner of the company I worked for said that 1 out of 5 Americans lived south of Los Angeles, or whatever they believe the cutoff for southern California.  That sounded a bit high, is it correct??..."

Dubyacee...

I don't think ("one out of five Americans) is accurate. If we say 270 million people live in this country...with Southern Californias population probably 27 million...that would be more like one out of ten.
Just dealing with California, my dividing point for Northern California (No Cal) and South California (So Cal) is San Louis Obispo...
Just draw a straight line from the coast at San Louis Obispo to the Nevada boarder...that is how I divide both portions...
Some may draw the line even further north. But using my dividing point, yes indeed 2/3rds of the population of the state reside in the southern portion. Yes again, most of that 2/3 rds live in Los Angeles and south of there. Orange County where I live has exploded in the last 25 years...along with San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties... I'm a native Los Angelino...raised in the suburb town of Downey, been down here in this resort town of Laguna Beach for years...and saw it all (especially OC) explode over the years...we used to have miles and miles of orange groves here in OC...now you can't find ONE...

But still there is amazing "wilderness" areas...that are protected from the steamroller of "urbanization blight", thanks to our State and National Parks systems...and the BLM.

Looking at a curious cultural perspective, many people philosophically view No Cal and So Cal as one state divided into two...Often times people in the north want nothing to do with the south and vise versa...
Using overused political words to describe the two areas...the Northern California is more "liberal"...while the southern area is more "conservative"...except for Los Angeles which is heavily liberal...Most of the conservative areas in the south are the new, white areas of Orange, San Diego, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties...

dubyacee...
I hope that answers some of your questions

-Respect The Opponent-

SultanofSwine

Joe, Cali does have some great country but do yourself a favor and get out around Fayetteville while you are here. I think you'll be impressed with the scenic beauty of NW Arkansas.

PigPusher

Northwest and North Arkansas for that matter is a beautiful state and the trip from Alma to Fayetteville is awe inspiring in spots.  It's really too bad that when one travels it for a time you tend not to notice anymore.  The first time me and my family witnessed the views on first trip down to Alma it was jaw dropping time most of the way.  Funny there is not much said about this really beautiful drive.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Ross U (HDHF)

I saw "GO HOGS BEAT USC!" white tees at the WalMart in Farmington the other night.  There was a whole rack right by the registers.

Ross U (HDHF)

I wish I could be out and around on gameday but alas, I'll be waiting in line to get in the stadium starting around 10:00 AM :(  No song girls for this hogvillian...

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on July 20, 2006, 08:43:38 pm
All of Hogville whiteout when it's time for the usc game. Then. We can go to there pep rally, and We can call the hogs right in the middle  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
+1. That's actually a pretty good idea, but we would have to have enough people ACTUALLY show up.    +1        :razorback:              WPS
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

bigred7987

HogFansReunited

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 20, 2006, 07:30:01 pm
It makes sense that they would want to mass up before the game since they are coming from so far away.  They just want to do some rah-rah before the game and talk to other USC fans.  Its the same as if a group of Hog fans were in Dallas, calling the Hogs in restaurants and other public places, like we always do.  I would go by their tailgate and show em how to call the Hogs but I wouldn't be confrontational.  The ones I have talked to have been top notch.  They will mostly be older alums, so let's show some class, and by that, I mean if one of them shows up in a USC themed van, let's refrain from setting parts of it on fire. 

Quiet a few of the people on this board help pay for a new Tail for the van as well.  Most of us are respectful fans.  Nothing wrong with making noise and disturbing USC's pep rally though.  I just do not agree with destroying property.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hog Gumbo

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on July 25, 2006, 07:06:18 pm

I saw "GO HOGS BEAT USC!" white tees at the WalMart in Farmington the other night.  There was a whole rack right by the registers.

Uh, thats Fayetteville, not Farmington, The replacement for my once beloved White Trash Walmart thats now Tractor Supply

JOESC

July 26, 2006, 10:34:05 am #98 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 10:37:24 am by JOESC
Thanks to those who suggest our touring more of NW Arkansas...I agree it is indeed beautiful and unique.
I've been up there...actually walked through a lot of it when I hitch-hiked around the country one summer of happiness...way back when.
Parts are breathtaking and unique only to that area of the country...I also got up into the Orzarks above Little Rock that summer...that was simply amazing country too...

However this trip our plans (Larry my Trojan traveling partner and I) are to fly into Tulsa on Thursday afternoon, rent a car and drive over to Fayetteville. We will travel through some of this beautiful country...but we'll want to get checked into The Inn at Carnall Hall in the afternoon then get out and about on campus, see the stadium layout, and get out to Dickson Street that evening. We also have reservations for dinner at Ella's both Thursday and Friday nights.

Friday will meet up with my 14 year old nephew and his Dad. They are driving down from Iowa City, Iowa.
It's my nephew Rick's first ever Trojan game live...and he is stoked. Want to get him into the stadium on Friday for the Trojan team "walk through". Those are a blast...as the team really doesn't run any plays at all...just a little "walk fast" pick-up game between the defensive players and the offensive players...they keep score from "away game to away game" through the season...then have some surprise at the end...
Just another way that Coach Carroll and staff keeps the team "loosey goosey" the day before a big game.

Friday evening of course we will be out and about on Dickson Street and surrounding areas.
Saturday is an all day and night affair...
We have graciously been invited to the Hogville.com tailgate by the moderators of the board...and will attend that amazing function...I don't need to attend the Trojan Rally at The Gardens that afternoon...but my nephew Ricky has never been to a Trojan Rally so we will probably get him over there to see the TMB and Song Girls up close...He'll love that...!
Then  "THE BIG GAME".
Our return flight leaves at 9:45 AM out of Tulsa on Sunday...so we will be up early to get back over there in time.

So it doesn't look like we will have a lot of time to extensively tour the beautiful area of NW Arkansas.

-Respect The Opponent-