Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC fans making plans for the game on September 2nd

Started by piglett06, July 20, 2006, 04:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

piglett06

A USC pep rally at 4:45 p.m. central at "The Gardens" on September 2nd.  We should really plan on helping them have a great pep rally on our soil in our house. :)

"White-out" for the game.  They are encouraging all the USC fans to wear white to contrast with our red.  Wonder what that is all about.

This and more.....

http://trojansfootball.blogspot.com/

PigPusher

Like a counter rally for example held nearby?  That might just be a lot fun.  Kind of like starting the competition early.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

piglett06

Well they are coming into our house and planning on making a lot of USC noise.  Why don't they make their noise in their house. IMHO it is to attempt to intimidate and for no other reason.

PigPusher

Same here. I could ask who in the devil do they think they are anyway, but the answer to that is very obvious.  More fodder for the tack board in the locker room.  I find the whole idea of such a pep rally a little irritating. We put up with their disrespecting our flag and now more disrespect.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigPusher

SPAL

WHITE OUT TO COUNTER OUR RED?

what is the point in that logic?....guess the only people wearin white on gameday will be from cali.

piglett06

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 20, 2006, 04:34:59 pm
WHITE OUT TO COUNTER OUR RED?

what is the point in that logic?....guess the only people wearing white on gameday will be from cali.

That is what I thought exactly.  Anyone that knows anything about color will say that is a great color for them to wear as it will make us stand out even more.  Considering there will be more of us than them they will look pretty pathetic.

hogmary

Looks like they don't mind spending money for the Gardens.  Hope that it doesn't turn into a haven for other fans all year.  I do hope that USC will bring their band...I love them.

Macgyver Hawg

Our colors are Red and White.  They should be wearing yellow for contrast.

silly trojans.

bigred7987

this was posted a while back about the "white out" 

piglett06

Quote from: bigred7987 on July 20, 2006, 04:53:28 pm
this was posted a while back about the "white out" 

Well crap even if it was. Some of us don't just hang over the computer with this board and a lot of stuff is posted every day. No apologizes for reposting based on that.

RBLtoHOG

I say set up the hogville.net tail gate right in the middle of where they plan on havin the rally ;)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

GorillaJMonsoon

It makes sense that they would want to mass up before the game since they are coming from so far away.  They just want to do some rah-rah before the game and talk to other USC fans.  Its the same as if a group of Hog fans were in Dallas, calling the Hogs in restaurants and other public places, like we always do.  I would go by their tailgate and show em how to call the Hogs but I wouldn't be confrontational.  The ones I have talked to have been top notch.  They will mostly be older alums, so let's show some class, and by that, I mean if one of them shows up in a USC themed van, let's refrain from setting parts of it on fire. 

Macgyver Hawg

I agree, but we need to keep in mind the van was set on fire by two young teenage girls that lived close by and didn't even attend the Auburn game.  They weren't fans.

GorillaJMonsoon

Really? I never heard that before, but it makes perfect sense. 

BigoBoys

Wonder why the University would rent the Gardens to the opposing team?

GorillaJMonsoon

A combination of common curtesy and a free market economy.

hogfan13

All of Hogville whiteout when it's time for the usc game. Then. We can go to there pep rally, and We can call the hogs right in the middle  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

RBLtoHOG

We cant make any difference in the games besides calling the hogs and talkin smack to other teams....  If we didnt compete with other fans, what difference do us as fans make in the game? PPL talk about home field advantage... its because of the FANS DOING SOMETHING BETTER THEN THE OTHER TEAM'S FANS BECAUSE WE HAVE GREATER NUMBERS.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Smithian

I always wear white Hog shirts... Like a lot of Arkansas fans.

USC fools.

LA HAWG

I say we let out about 100 actual wild hogs at theip pep rally.

Landonhog

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on July 20, 2006, 05:18:41 pm
I say set up the hogville.net tail gate right in the middle of where they plan on havin the rally ;)

Are pep rallys hard to move or something? 

sooie dog

Anyone remember Bama fans wearing white at OU a couple of years ago?  It does stand out. 

hogfan064

Why don't we just do a white out then.  So then the entire stadium will be white and the USC fans will look nonexistant.  Imagine 72,000 white shirts with 65,000 Hog hats

hogfan13

Quote from: LA HAWG about releasing wild hogs at the USC Pep Rally
I say we let out about 100 actual wild hogs at their pep rally.
;D NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. LETS RELEASE TUSK WITH THEM. TUSK CAN BE THE LEADER

hogfan064

Quote from: sooie dog on July 21, 2006, 08:23:38 am
Anyone remember Bama fans wearing white at OU a couple of years ago?  It does stand out. 

Yep, I've seen LSU do it at home games.  Looks good on TV.

South Carolina had a black out against Florida about 5 years ago.  Looked awesome, but they lost by 6 TDs(Spurrier's last season at UF)  UF recievers said that all the black helped them see the ball better.

hogfan064

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on July 21, 2006, 08:35:00 am
Quote from: LA HAWG on July 21, 2006, 07:09:28 am
I say we let out about 100 actual wild hogs at theip pep rally.
;D NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. LETS RELEASE TUSK WITH THEM. TUSK CAN BE THE LEADER

Let Tusk find their  horse and the guy in the skirt wearing the funny outfit.

ghg1

So the first time "The Gardens" will be in use for a game, USC is setting up shop there? 

Typical.  Guess they had the highest bid.

Hog Ma n Pop

"If I had a Prozac right now the size of Alabama I would chew that fu*ker till dawn." - Phyllis from Mulga

doo-ran

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on July 21, 2006, 08:35:00 am
Quote from: LA HAWG about releasing wild hogs at the USC Pep Rally
I say we let out about 100 actual wild hogs at their pep rally.
Dam% you guys are crazy! You release an unsedated Tusk into the crowd and I will not enter Washington County that day....of course there is no way possible for Tusk to catch me,,, since he would be slipping and sliding in my #$%T. I am all about pranks but I'll fight the meanest rodeo bull with a spork before I'd get near that monster pig!
Go HOGS!!!

hogfan13

Quote from: dooran on July 21, 2006, 08:48:15 am
Dam% you guys are crazy!
Were like a pack of wild hogs
;) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

qakhed

"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

beatnikluv

I think the song girls are their cheerleaders? ???

qakhed

oh cheerleaders. I guess they will have to do  :( 

PigPusher

Quote from: Hogan on July 21, 2006, 08:35:06 am
Quote from: Sofie dog on July 21, 2006, 08:23:38 am
Anyone remember Ba ma fans wearing white at OUR a couple of years ago?  It does stand out. 

Yep, I've seen LS do it at home games.  Looks good on TV.

South Carolina had a black out against Florida about 5 years ago.  Looked awesome, but they lost by 6 TDs(Spurrier's last season at UF)  UF recievers said that all the black helped them see the ball better.

Okay to extend that about the ball being more visible lets all take a piece of brown cardboard to the game. When USC shows pass we all hold up our brown cardboard.  Presto no ball. :)

HBTHogs

The Gardens is very expensive, we should drop by and thank them for helping us build our new locker room.

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Tell USC to wear black!  Imagine how they would wilt under the hot and humid Ozark sunset!  Who am I kidding!  That will happen to them no matter what they are wearing!  It's going to be "cramp city" on their sideline!

Hollywood_HOGan

I remember a while back Tennessee fans had a big pep rally in Barnhill arena.

It was about 11 years ago. I remember resenting that they just let Tennessee fans take over such a big time symbol in Razorback athletics.

Hollywood_HOGan

where is the Gardens?

The SC guy says its right outside RRS but if Im thinking right its just outside of Bud Walton Arena around lot 56.

ghg1

Quote from: beatnikluv on July 21, 2006, 09:29:58 am

I think they're more like the pom squad.

Their "cheerleaders" seem to be akin to A&M.   

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: ghg1 on July 21, 2006, 11:00:16 am

I just might make it up there to get my picture taken with one of those.

Very very nice.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 21, 2006, 11:03:51 am
Quote from: ghg1 on July 21, 2006, 11:00:16 am

I just might make it up there to get my picture taken with one of those.

Very very nice.

DAMN their HOT!

qakhed

top row, 2nd from the right. She'll do, I guess.

qakhed

that's great! "woohoo, touchdown! wait a minute......"

JOESC

July 21, 2006, 12:25:54 pm #46 Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 01:33:09 pm by JOESC
FWIW...this Arkansas game is considered a "very BIG GAME" to the Trojan coaches, team, and faithful...
There will be 4  to 6 thousand Trojan Travelers back for the game...
For traveling trips, the USC "Spirit of Troy" Marching Band, and Song Girls typically perform on game day, somewhere near the football field, ala rally, three or four hours before kickoff.  All the alumni and friends that travel to away games look forward to feeling that togetherness and camaraderie before the game.
It's comforting and fun to see a large group of faithful that are wearing your colors...when one travels to "hostile" territory amidst a sea of opposing fans on their home turf. I've always been treated well and respectfully by the home team's fans, while visiting. Especially at Notre Dame.  Of course there are always a few "young hero's" or drunk fans that can be obnoxious and in your face...every school has a few of those...but for the most part it's all great fun to share.
I see the athletic office is asking us to wear "white shirts" this time... I don't know why. Gold is the other Trojan color so I don't know why we were not ask to wear gold or yellow shirts. That would create more of a contrast, since your other color is white. Oh well...not my call.
However a White shirt is cooler than a Cardinal one.
The TMB and Song Girls usually perform a Friday night raly before away games. It's staged at the headqueater Hotel of the major traveling fan base.  However this time many of the fans traveling will be staying in Branson (sp)...But I know the team and the "Sprit of Troy" will be closer... So I don't know where the usual Friday night rally will be held, if at all.

At "The Gardens" this is also a chance for the opponent fans, that are interested,  to see the famous "Spirit of Troy" and the "Song Girls" up close doing their thing... They certianly can lift one's spirits...even higher than they are on game day... Many opponent fans have enjoyed the "Spirit of Troy" and the famous "White Sweater Gang"... However when they travel to hot humid areas of the country, the Song Girls wear their cooler sleeveless "silky" tops...with short skirts...

This game is the furthest away game this season, since we don't travel to Chicago for the Notre Dame game in South Bend or any other games beyond, as in previous years.
All the other travel games on the Trojan schedule this season are in Pac-10. The other two non conference games, Nebraska and Notre Dame are in the Coliseum. Next year we travel to Lincoln, Nebraska and South Bend, Indiana.

This will be a smaller "traveling squad" for the "Spirit of Troy". There will only be 60 to 80  band members (out of the full 270)  along with only three or four "Song Girls" (out of the full 12) members.
The "Song Girls" or as they are now referred to; "Song Leaders" DO NOT lead cheers...Hence they are not called cheer leaders...
The "Song Leaders" . only travel with the band, do their amazing dance routines and look absolutely stunning... The represent their private school with class and dignity along with performing their precise routines and stunning Hollywood looks...

For some reason the male "yell kings" cheer leaders were disbanded this year...so for the first time in Trojan history...there will be NO male cheer leaders on the field...However the "Spirit of Troy" will get everyone going...

Looking forward to joining the Hogville.net tailgate...meeting many of you and sharing "Razorback and Trojan" football war stories...
We appreciate the gracious invite by this boards moderators.

BTW what and where is "The Gardens"?
Is it a new area on campus?

-Respect The Opponent-

ghg1

Quote from: JOESC on July 21, 2006, 12:25:54 pm

The Gardens is shown in red below.  There were several old dorms in that space before which were recently torn down and replaced with a new park-type area. 

JOESC

ghg1..."The Gardens" location looks like it's just a couple blocks away from the stadium.
Selecting an area close to the stadium is typical of where the TMB usually conducts their pre-game rallies.
Thanks...

ghg1...a favor...?

Could you locate The Inn at Carnall Hall on this map for me?
Also what side of campus is Dickson Street?

-Respect The Opponent-

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: JOESC on July 21, 2006, 12:25:54 pm
FWIW...this Arkansas game is considered a "very BIG GAME" to the Trojan coaches, team, and faithful...
There will be 4  to 6 thousand Trojan Travelers back for the game...
For traveling trips, the USC "Spirit of Troy" Marching Band, and Song Girls typically perform on game day, somewhere near the football field, ala rally, three or four hours before kickoff.  All the alumni and friends that travel to away games look forward to feeling that togetherness and camaraderie before the game.
It's comforting and fun to see a large group of faithful that are wearing your colors...when one travels to "hostile" territory amidst a sea of opposing fans on their home turf. I've always been treated well and respectfully by the home team's fans, while visiting. Especially at Notre Dame.  Of course there are always a few "young hero's" or drunk fans that can be obnoxious and in your face...every school has a few of those...but for the most part it's all great fun to share.
I see the athletic office is asking us to wear "white shirts" this time... I don't know why. Gold is the other Trojan color so I don't know why we were not ask to wear gold or yellow shirts. That would create more of a contrast, since your other color is white. Oh well...not my call.
However a White shirt is cooler than a Cardinal one.
The TMB and Song Girls usually perform a Friday night raly before away games. It's staged at the headqueater Hotel of the major traveling fan base.  However this time many of the fans traveling will be staying in Branson (sp)...But I know the team and the "Sprit of Troy" will be closer... So I don't know where the usual Friday night rally will be held, if at all.

At "The Gardens" this is also a chance for the opponent fans, that are interested,  to see the famous "Spirit of Troy" and the "Song Girls" up close doing their thing... They certianly can lift one's spirits...even higher than they are on game day... Many opponent fans have enjoyed the "Spirit of Troy" and the famous "White Sweater Gang"... However when they travel to hot humid areas of the country, the Song Girls wear their cooler sleeveless "silky" tops...with short skirts...

This game is the furthest away game this season, since we don't travel to Chicago for the Notre Dame game in South Bend or any other games beyond, as in previous years.
All the other travel games on the Trojan schedule this season are in Pac-10. The other two non conference games, Nebraska and Notre Dame are in the Coliseum. Next year we travel to Lincoln, Nebraska and South Bend, Indiana.

This will be a smaller "traveling squad" for the "Spirit of Troy". There will only be 60 to 80  band members (out of the full 270)  along with only three or four "Song Girls" (out of the full 12) members.
The "Song Girls" or as they are now referred to; "Song Leaders" DO NOT lead cheers...Hence they are not called cheer leaders...
The "Song Leaders" . only travel with the band, do their amazing dance routines and look absolutely stunning... The represent their private school with class and dignity along with performing their precise routines and stunning Hollywood looks...

For some reason the male "yell kings" cheer leaders were disbanded this year...so for the first time in Trojan history...there will be NO male cheer leaders on the field...However the "Spirit of Troy" will get everyone going...

Looking forward to joining the Hogville.net tailgate...meeting many of you and sharing "Razorback and Trojan" football war stories...
We appreciate the gracious invite by this boards moderators.

Im gonna try to drop by there to see the SC pep rally. Probably my only chance to see the song girls.