Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nebraska/Illinois to "bail us out"

Started by Martygit, November 19, 2017, 12:38:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

There is no way in the world that Nebraska is hiring BB unless it's as a water boy.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

I could see Illinois because their standards are pretty low but not Nebraska. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

birmingHAMette

Didn't Lovie Smith have a pretty big buyout himself?
Go Hogs

ricepig

3kgthog

Is Lovie's buyout open to interpretation as it appears Bielema's is?

Hoggie17

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 19, 2017, 12:51:37 pm
I could see Illinois because their standards are pretty low but not Nebraska.
This

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 19, 2017, 01:01:04 pm
Is Lovie's buyout open to interpretation as it appears Bielema's is?

Haha my first thought as well.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Arkiebrian

That site has zero credibility.  Dude just makes things up.

NuttinItUp

HogT

Hey we could volunteer to waive the buyout if they hire him. 
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

husker71

why would you ever give Lovie Smith a contract that contains such a big buyout (or even any buyout)  He had no job. He had no record of being successful in college football.  His options were nearly nil.  How does someone approve that contract??  By the way  there is no way BB would be acceptable to husker fans.  Not a lot of love between Hayden Fry lovers and Nebraska football lovers. 

Martygit

My grandparents were from Omaha and were avid Nebraska fans - my dad went to Nebraska for undergrad - my grandmother couldn't stand to sit and watch a complete Nebraska game - it made her too nervous - she was known to cry after a Nebraska loss and to write letters to the editor when she didn't like what Nebraska was doing - so, I have a fondness for Nebraska and hope like hell they don't take him - although I hope someone does
RIP OTR, REV

Oklahawg

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on November 19, 2017, 05:34:04 pm
My grandparents were from Omaha and were avid Nebraska fans - my dad went to Nebraska for undergrad - my grandmother couldn't stand to sit and watch a complete Nebraska game - it made her too nervous - she was known to cry after a Nebraska loss and to write letters to the editor when she didn't like what Nebraska was doing - so, I have a fondness for Nebraska and hope like hell they don't take him - although I hope someone does

Well, he does need to land somewhere, doing something. Saves us a boatload of cash and the inconvenience of firing him if he can land somewhere.

Problem: he needs to be able to say "I'm gone" (better, "So good to be here!" at the new place) before Saturday at sundown.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Martygit

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 19, 2017, 06:26:44 pm
Well, he does need to land somewhere, doing something. Saves us a boatload of cash and the inconvenience of firing him if he can land somewhere.

Problem: he needs to be able to say "I'm gone" (better, "So good to be here!" at the new place) before Saturday at sundown.

He won't quit - he'll wait to get fired because of the buyout - the question is whether or not the powers that be will wait until after 1/1/18 when the buyout goes down - my guess is not - that they'll try to negotiate something with him after the last game
RIP OTR, REV

Soooie21

Sure they would..he could get those big corn feed boys to man the line....

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Arkiebrian on November 19, 2017, 02:38:38 pm
That site has zero credibility.  Dude just makes things up.
You have to be insane to believe that Nebraska is going to hire BB!! You have to be insane to think Illinois will hire BB! Crazy pills.

JackSalmon

Hog Milanese

Hawghiggs

I really do hope another program comes after him.

If Lovie can't win at Illinois why in the hell would anyone believe Bret could.  I don't believe Bret is hireable at any P5 school right now.  Let the dust settle a bit and he might stir up interest.  Some AD somewhere might not remember his record at Arkansas and overlook doing research on the Guy in a couple of years.