Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Person collapsed in SEZ concourse

Started by TulsaHawg, November 18, 2017, 09:23:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

November 18, 2017, 09:23:58 pm Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:16:06 pm by TulsaHawg
A man collapsed in the SEZ concourse sometime during the 4th Quarter.  When I passed by, several folks surrounded him, including EMTs and someone was performing chest compressions. A lady standing nearby said they had been working on him for 20 minutes or so. They continued to work on him for several more minutes before finally wheeling him out of the stadium.

Thoughts and prayers with this gentleman and his family.

Thanks again to first responders.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

hogsanity

No one knows the number of their days or which one is the last, all we know is we each have a last day. Sad to hear though.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

I almost made a bad joke about it being our defense that collapsed but decided against it.

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

sowmonella

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 18, 2017, 09:42:23 pm
I almost made a bad joke about it being our defense that collapsed but decided against it.

You should really check your human being card. I pity you. Prayers for the poor gentleman that was stricken today.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

1highhog

I hope all is well with him, please keep everyone informed if word of his condition is released.

JOKERHOG

Good call this time.  Your suicide jokes in the past were very offensive
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

depressed_fan

I'm not going to make a joke about it. But on a serious note, I wonder if the episode is related to how the team is playing.

Maybe he wanted them to lose but they almost won.
Maybe he wanted them to win and they almost won.
Maybe the season has taken a toll on his health.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

greasy_corner

Dumb post. 

I've seen you lecture others many times with this same response.  Get your Bielema/Long-loving life in order, and spend less time on here.     

emdavenp

There was a fellow season ticket holder sitting in front of us at the Ole Miss game last year. He fainted going down the stairs and EMTs rushed him to the hospital.

He ended up passing along, but his son came to the next game and said that he died at the place that made him happiest. The Razorback Foundation sent flowers to the funeral.

RedBird5

Quote from: greasy_corner on November 18, 2017, 10:28:26 pm
Dumb post. 

I've seen you lecture others many times with this same response.  Get your Bielema/Long-loving life in order, and spend less time on here.   

Says the guy who only posted to insult his "Bielema/Long-loving life".   Seriously tough guy? You had NO other reason to post.  It was obviously a dumb post.  You think you had to inform the rest of us that?   We all know we need a new coach.  Even this guy I beg

goodguytex

Quote from: greasy_corner on November 18, 2017, 10:28:26 pm
Dumb post. 

Quote from: sowmonella on November 18, 2017, 10:03:11 pm
You should really check your human being card. I pity you. Prayers for the poor gentleman that was stricken today.
Prayers for this man that collapsed. All I got.

hogs7199

Quote from: TulsaHawg on November 18, 2017, 09:23:58 pm
A man collapsed in the SEZ concourse sometime during the 4th Quarter.  When I passed by, several folks surrounded him, including EMTs and someone was performing chest compressions. A lady standing nearby said they had been working on him for 20 minutes or so. They continued to work on him for several more minutes before finally wheeling him out of the stadium.

Thoughts and prayers with this gentleman and his family.

Thanks again to first responders.

My son was coming out of the game at that time (he is 11) and he was in front of my dad.  He saw them doing chest compressions. Some lady was nice enough to cover his eyes and guide him out of the stadium. I don't know who she was, but I damn sure appreciate what she did for my son.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: sowmonella on November 18, 2017, 10:03:11 pm
Most EMT's and people who deal with death on a daily basis have a wicked sense of humor because that's how they deal with seeing death regularly. Don't judge people on the comments they make about dealing with situations like this because not everyone is the same, especially the people who are trying to save your life.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

leroyhawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 19, 2017, 12:40:15 am
Most EMT's and people who deal with death on a daily basis have a wicked sense of humor because that's how they deal with seeing death regularly. Don't judge people on the comments they make about dealing with situations like this because not everyone is the same, especially the people who are trying to save your life.
Sad but true. I knew a Gentleman that passed away at a U of A sports event, his favorite place Hog Heaven.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: leroyhawg on November 19, 2017, 02:06:25 am
Sad but true. I knew a Gentleman that passed away at a U of A sports event, his favorite place Hog Heaven.
I get what you are saying but as someone who see's death regularly it's a coping mechanism. I don't disrespect those who die but do feel a need to bring laughter into those situations but not at the expense of those who passed.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

RedRock

I have sometimes wondered how this doesn't happen more often with so many people in one place.  So sad to hear.  There is a family hurting tonight,

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

gawntrail

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 19, 2017, 02:51:43 am
I get what you are saying but as someone who see's death regularly it's a coping mechanism. I don't disrespect those who die but do feel a need to bring laughter into those situations but not at the expense of those who passed.

Yes.  At times, the weight of dealing with death is lessened by birth, remembrance, celebration, and reflection.  But, the weight returns and tends to require more energy to shoulder.  Sometimes humor is the only fuel to continue on.  From time to time, the raw memories will slip their lid and the loved ones looking to you for answers and explanation come knocking again. 

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

AirWarren

You're awesome.

jgphillips3

Well said.  I have to deal with people in difficult emotional situations all the time and humor is a first response for me.

AirWarren

Very true. In my world, death is just part of it.

Prayers to the family.