Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Julie Cromier Peoples wants the gig, make it happen tonight.

Started by mj4president, November 18, 2017, 02:30:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 07:57:31 pm
Lol, of course it's the raging sexist that posts this.

Thank you.

sure pard just show me on her resume when she's ever run an athletic department, long had been the number two at okie state, and the AD at pitt before we hired him. i get it snowflake you're virtue signalling i on the other hand would like to win some games.

good luck supporting bert.

Wildhog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:07:13 pm
sure pard just show me on her resume when she's ever run an athletic department, long had been the number two at okie state, and the AD at pitt before we hired him. i get it snowflake you're virtue signalling i on the other hand would like to win some games.

good luck supporting bert.

Haha, he says to one of the original Bielema darksiders.  Great stuff.  :)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

swineology

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 07:50:04 pm
right people who actually grew up supporting the program and now pick up the lions share for the cost should have no say!

how very democrat of you.

thank god that party is dead in arkansas.

i'l take the gobn any day over the faceless bureaucrats.

LOL at the sexist BS that you spew.

Do you even GOBN?

Doubt that.

Julie can do this job.

Wildhog

Quote from: swineology on November 18, 2017, 08:21:36 pm

LOL at the sexist BS that you spew.

Do you even GOBN?

Doubt that.

Julie can do this job.

I don't know if she can or not, but I do know that it has exactly nothing to do with her being a woman.
1909/1964/1965/1977

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 08:15:20 pm
Haha, he says to one of the original Bielema darksiders.  Great stuff.  :)

well good if you're a bert dark sider the last person you should want is a status quo jeff long boot licker with a paper thin resume.

Wildhog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:29:17 pm
well good if you're a bert dark sider the last person you should want is a status quo jeff long boot licker with a paper thin resume.

What makes her a "status quo Jeff Long boot licker?"
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

I'm not advocating for her to get the job.  They'll hire who they think will do the best job.  If that's JCP, great.  If not, great.  I just want whoever it is to get the football hire right.
1909/1964/1965/1977

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 08:29:58 pm
What makes her a "status quo Jeff Long boot licker?"

who hired her as his number two?

look who ever comes in is probably going to clean house that tends to be how these things work.

i'm sure she's great but her next step is AD at a non p5 school she does well she moves up. if we go the professional administrator route at the very least it would be an AD from a P5 school with a budget in the neighborhood of a top 40 in terms of revenue with a successful record of hiring coaches.

she's never been involved in a coaching hire do you really want this to be her first?

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 08:29:02 pm
I don't know if she can or not, but I do know that it has exactly nothing to do with her being a woman.

and i never said it did, i said it was her paper thin resume and she just happens to be a woman.....are you sexist?

Wildhog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:47:51 pm
and i never said it did, i said it was her paper thin resume and she just happens to be a woman.....are you sexist?

You already outed yourself.  Just own it.  It'll be ok.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:44:26 pm
who hired her as his number two?

look who ever comes in is probably going to clean house that tends to be how these things work.

i'm sure she's great but her next step is AD at a non p5 school she does well she moves up. if we go the professional administrator route at the very least it would be an AD from a P5 school with a budget in the neighborhood of a top 40 in terms of revenue with a successful record of hiring coaches.

she's never been involved in a coaching hire do you really want this to be her first?

To be honest I don't really care, so long as they get the football hire right.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Wildhog

Some of you are just window-licking stupid.  This "yankee" and "carpetbagging" nonsense is ridiculous.

But you can relax.  It won't be JCP.
1909/1964/1965/1977

swineology

elksnort

Quote from: moses_007 on November 18, 2017, 06:11:54 pm
She was with the NCAA for 10 years, and has been assistant AD now at three different universities, including Arkansas.  She is highly qualified to step right in here.
Not necessarily

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 09:01:34 pm
Some of you are just window-licking stupid.  This "yankee" and "carpetbagging" nonsense is ridiculous.

But you can relax.  It won't be JCP.

The acidity in this thread by (led by dfwalumdad) is enough to hope CBB comes back for year six, just to see him get pissed. And, why not? Have the GOBN decide they can't find anyone better than Jeff after all and bring him back. And give him a raise.

One's birthplace, even one's alma mater, does not complicate the possibility of being amazingly qualified to do a job. To arbitrarily declare some zip codes or birthplaces are off-limits for future hires is beyond stupid. Hire who is qualified! Let them do their damn job. It isn't that much different than any other job - except, of course, that it is high profile, well compensated, and connected directly to our fandom.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 18, 2017, 09:14:15 pm
The acidity in this thread by (led by dfwalumdad) is enough to hope CBB comes back for year six, just to see him get pissed. And, why not? Have the GOBN decide they can't find anyone better than Jeff after all and bring him back. And give him a raise.

One's birthplace, even one's alma mater, does not complicate the possibility of being amazingly qualified to do a job. To arbitrarily declare some zip codes or birthplaces are off-limits for future hires is beyond stupid. Hire who is qualified! Let them do their damn job. It isn't that much different than any other job - except, of course, that it is high profile, well compensated, and connected directly to our fandom.

Agreed.  And I hate to add to the acidity of it, but my God, some of these people make it difficult not to.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Torqued pork

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 05:57:04 pm
no son it's code for she's not qualified. we are the 14th largest athletic department in the country. (that's usa today 2016 rankings) she's never managed a budget, she's never hired or fired a coach. all of her experience to date has been in compliance or a liaison role and yet you want to give her the keys to a 120 million dollar athletic department the 14th largest in the country.

i appreciate your virtue signalling but the grown ups are in charge again.

if she wants to be an AD let her cut her teeth on a mac school.   
Common sense on display. Let it soak in, folks.

swineology

Frank is gone GOBN will  go full retard

dfwalumdad

The acidity in this thread by (led by dfwalumdad) is enough to hope CBB comes back for year six, just to see him get pissed.

would we be 0-8 in sec play or 1 and 7?

me being pissed is not why we fired jeff long friend.

my objection has nothing to do with her gender but her resume.  why would you want someone leading the department who's never been involved in a coaching search? why do you want to keep a coach who's won 11 sec wins in 5 years just to piss me off?

i'm a fan, i like winning games but hey that's just me.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 18, 2017, 09:30:38 pm
Common sense on display. Let it soak in, folks.

well yes that would be the conventional wisdom, thinking outside the box would be hiring an AD for the 14th largest athletic department in the country who's never been an AD or even involved in a coaching search.

congratulations son.....you can count to potato!

rzrbackramsfan

She's probably just watching Netflix all day at work and rightfully so.