Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Julie Cromier Peoples wants the gig, make it happen tonight.

Started by mj4president, November 18, 2017, 02:30:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

moses_007

mj4president

Quote from: moses_007 on November 18, 2017, 02:32:59 pm
She needs to terminate Bielema in the next half hour.

Yep, and would go a long way into getting the AD job.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

TexHog188

My guess is that as an interim AD, she probably has limited powers.  I doubt firing the football coach is one of them.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ricepig

Quote from: TexHog188 on November 18, 2017, 04:05:30 pm
My guess is that as an interim AD, she probably has limited powers.  I doubt firing the football coach is one of them.

Correct, she isn't firing anyone without prior approval.

bville_hog

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: TexHog188 on November 18, 2017, 04:05:30 pm
Watch her interview from yesterday. She stated that any AD reports to the Chancellor, the Chancellor to a president and president to the BOT. She could initiate the firing though.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

searkhogfan

Quote from: mj4president on November 18, 2017, 02:30:09 pm
If she played her cards right she could land the gig.

Why?   With that thinking.  We ought to name Barry Luney the Head Coach too.

rusvegashog

ricepig

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 18, 2017, 04:10:53 pm
Watch her interview from yesterday. She stated that any AD reports to the Chancellor, the Chancellor to a president and president to the BOT. She could initiate the firing though.
And the Chancellor could block it, too. She'll announce the firing when she's been given the order.

dfwalumdad

you realize she was hired by jeff long right? two years ago, this was her first gig as a deputy AD before this she's been in compliance or in a liaison role.

if it were going to be up to her we probably go the search committee route for a new AD and let him make the decision. which would likely be another season of evaluation by the new AD. with a mid-season firing and interim next year if bert couldn't turn it around.

long wanted to give him another year, my guess since he hired her she agreed.

livevanguy

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 04:22:03 pm
And the Chancellor could block it, too. She'll announce the firing when she's been given the order.
If she pulled the trigger and asked for forgiveness from her bosses later it would go a long way. Plus she might gain a push from the fans.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

WilsonHog

NuttinItUp

Quote from: livevanguy on November 18, 2017, 04:25:01 pm
If she pulled the trigger and asked for forgiveness from her bosses later it would go a long way.

It would go a long way towards her never finding another job again...

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 04:35:24 pm
It would go a long way towards her never finding another job again...

Correct, said defined they chain of command, she understands what her responsibilities are in this situation.

jvanhorn

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 04:22:03 pm

After seeing live  and reading her interview I have to say I am very impressed.  She seems like a combination of smarts and common sense who has made it clear she loves being a Razorback.  It has been my experience that women also listen to other voices and opinions [ie hogville] way more than men do.  They may still go ahead and do what they think is best---but they do, at least, listen.

ricepig

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 18, 2017, 04:47:41 pm

After seeing live  and reading her interview I have to say I am very impressed.  She seems like a combination of smarts and common sense who has made it clear she loves being a Razorback.  It has been my experience that women also listen to other voices and opinions [ie hogville] way more than men do.  They may still go ahead and do what they think is best---but they do, at least, listen.

She's too green to get the gig, but hopefully it will help her get started somewhere else.

jvanhorn

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 18, 2017, 04:25:33 pm
How in the world is she qualified for the position of AD at a major institution?

Is this code for "she is just a woman".  I mean what makes Tubberville so awfully qualified to be AD?  Everyone seems to want some sort of written guarantee  that whoever is selected to be AD and Coach [see Norvell] will be a great huge winner.  There is no such guarantee.  But you can size up a persons smarts, common sense, enthusiasm, and desire and know they will give it all they have. 

ricepig

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 18, 2017, 04:52:20 pm
Is this code for "she is just a woman".  I mean what makes Tubberville so awfully qualified to be AD?  Everyone seems to want some sort of written guarantee  that whoever is selected to be AD and Coach [see Norvell] will be a great huge winner.  There is no such guarantee.  But you can size up a persons smarts, common sense, enthusiasm, and desire and know they will give it all they have. 

I don't think Tuberville is qualified, but some probably does that makes these type of decisions.

NuttinItUp

I am with you. She spent over a decade at NCAA home office and has had other stops along the way. She seems pretty qualified to me.

jvanhorn

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 04:53:57 pm
I don't think Tuberville is qualified, but some probably does that makes these type of decisions.

I just think it is time to bring some young blood into this program to revitalize it and lead it into the future.  Yet, obviously, they must have respect and honor the traditions of what went before and what still matters.  She said in her interview she was raised in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas and learned to call the Hogs at a very young age.  She is obviously overjoyed to be here.  She gets it.  Norvell played at UCA and his wife is from Fort Smith.  He has, I think, called Arkansas a dream job for him.  I think he gets it too.   Time to move forward.

hog911

ricepig

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 18, 2017, 05:00:34 pm
I just think it is time to bring some young blood into this program to revitalize it and lead it into the future.  Yet, obviously, they must have respect and honor the traditions of what went before and what still matters.  She said in her interview she was raised in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas and learned to call the Hogs at a very young age.  She is obviously overjoyed to be here.  She gets it.  Norvell played at UCA and his wife is from Fort Smith.  He has, I think, called Arkansas a dream job for him.  I think he gets it too.   Time to move forward.

I think it's more important to have a young energetic coach, than an AD.

jvanhorn

Quote from: hog911 on November 18, 2017, 05:08:59 pm
If see was brought in by JL then no!
[/qute]

Really.  You are going to blame  her, somone who obviously wanted to come back to Arkansas, for accepting a job that only he could offer.  I can hear my mother saying something about "don't throw out the baby with the bath water".
That is just guilt by association taken to a ridiculous  extreme.

jvanhorn

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 05:09:53 pm
I think it's more important to have a young energetic coach, than an AD.

See Lincoln Riley and OU.  They didn't go looking for some coach that had been around for 20 years.  They moved forward into the future to ensure the vitality of the program.  They will reap the benefits of that for decades.

jvanhorn

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 04:24:02 pm
you realize she was hired by jeff long right? two years ago, this was her first gig as a deputy AD before this she's been in compliance or in a liaison role.

if it were going to be up to her we probably go the search committee route for a new AD and let him make the decision. which would likely be another season of evaluation by the new AD. with a mid-season firing and interim next year if bert couldn't turn it around.

long wanted to give him another year, my guess since he hired her she agreed.

Or maybe Long didn't think he needed her approval or input to decide anything. He didn't seem like the kind of guy to delegate authority or let others have any input into what he wanted to do.

makiavelli

Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

ricepig

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 18, 2017, 05:16:06 pm
See Lincoln Riley and OU.  They didn't go looking for some coach that had been around for 20 years.  They moved forward into the future to ensure the vitality of the program.  They will reap the benefits of that for decades.

Well, my brother and his wife are about as big of OU fans that there are, they weren't too happy with him  after the Iowa State game.

jvanhorn

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 05:41:30 pm
Well, my brother and his wife are about as big of OU fans that there are, they weren't too happy with him  after the Iowa State game.

My guess is that they are happier today, lol.  I can live with being #4 in the country--anytime!

dfwalumdad

no son it's code for she's not qualified. we are the 14th largest athletic department in the country. (that's usa today 2016 rankings) she's never managed a budget, she's never hired or fired a coach. all of her experience to date has been in compliance or a liaison role and yet you want to give her the keys to a 120 million dollar athletic department the 14th largest in the country.

i appreciate your virtue signalling but the grown ups are in charge again.

if she wants to be an AD let her cut her teeth on a mac school.   

ricepig

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 18, 2017, 05:51:49 pm
My guess is that they are happier today, lol.  I can live with being #4 in the country--anytime!

Well, there's also a big difference when one is inheriting a program. I believe OU  was a top 10 team pre-season, us next year???

Paragould Bulldog

Not a chance.  Who had ever heard of her before Wednesday?

moses_007

How in the world is she qualified for the position of AD at a major institution?
She was with the NCAA for 10 years, and has been assistant AD now at three different universities, including Arkansas.  She is highly qualified to step right in here.

texasdvm

I sure hope she does not get the AD job.   No way she is qualified to be an AD at a SEC school.  They have way to many people in the athletic department as it is now.We need a really bright, Arkansas connected, football man as the AD.

hogsmash12

Quote from: moses_007 on November 18, 2017, 06:11:54 pm
She was with the NCAA for 10 years, and has been assistant AD now at three different universities, including Arkansas.  She is highly qualified to step right in here.

10 years with the NCAA ends it for me.  That should be an automatic disquaifier.

jvanhorn

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 05:58:22 pm
Well, there's also a big difference when one is inheriting a program. I believe OU  was a top 10 team pre-season, us next year???

Absolutely, which is why it would have been so easy for OU to hire a proven coach, but they didn't look back, they looked forward.  Actually the same as when they hired Stoops.  Someone over there understands that the future is coming and you can't be afraid to take chances or live in the past.

searkhogfan

Not only Top 10.   But Stoops conveniently didn't retire until after recruiting season & Spring Practice.  Kinda like buying your 16 year old kid a new sports car.  More than likely he can drive.  But how we he take care of it. Jury's still out on Lincoln.

jvanhorn

Quote from: hogsmash12 on November 18, 2017, 06:14:23 pm
10 years with the NCAA ends it for me.  That should be an automatic disquaifier.

well I think we can be sure that she understands the inner workings of the NCAA, which may not be a bad thing.  Knowledge is power. 

Pig_Lebowski

You said "major institution"!  Tim Horton is your answer my man.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 18, 2017, 06:16:20 pm
Which does nothing to suggest she would do well building and running an athletic department - now if the position was one of the university's compliance officer, then maybe. 

Whoever the next AD is should have considerable experience in the building and running areas. 

Show me candidates with a record of success as an AD at a smaller school - that's the pool to start from.   

It's the same question as getting a head football coach (most of the time)...Do you want someone who has been successful as an OC or DC at a big school or someone who has been successful as a HC at a small school?

Different advantages to each. Either one is a step up to the big time and some have more success than others doing so.

Not sure why people are so down on Peoples...Everyone knows she is just keeping the seat warm and I think she is doing a wonderful job. I guess it is because she is female, but people should really give her a chance to shine.

hog911

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 18, 2017, 05:14:17 pm
Quote from: hog911 on November 18, 2017, 05:08:59 pm
If see was brought in by JL then no!
[/qute]

Really.  You are going to blame  her, somone who obviously wanted to come back to Arkansas, for accepting a job that only he could offer.  I can hear my mother saying something about "don't throw out the baby with the bath water".
That is just guilt by association taken to a ridiculous  extreme.
Okay, by that logic should we promote Dan Enos to Head Coach?

Athog

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 04:07:02 pm
Correct, she isn't firing anyone without prior approval.

And by the way nobody since Frank has had that power!

jvanhorn

Absolutely, which is why it would have been so easy for OU to hire a proven coach, but they didn't look back, they looked forward.  Actually the same as when they hired Stoops.  Someone over there understands that the future is coming and you can't be afraid to take chances or live in the past.

elkhog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 05:57:04 pm
no son it's code for she's not qualified. we are the 14th largest athletic department in the country. (that's usa today 2016 rankings) she's never managed a budget, she's never hired or fired a coach. all of her experience to date has been in compliance or a liaison role and yet you want to give her the keys to a 120 million dollar athletic department the 14th largest in the country.

i appreciate your virtue signalling but the grown ups are in charge again.

if she wants to be an AD let her cut her teeth on a mac school.   

Agreed.
GO HOGS!!!

swineology

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 18, 2017, 04:47:41 pm

SO you want another yankee as AD?

Oklahawg

She will be a stellar AD one day if that is her goal. It won't happen at UA as we apparently want someone who has a connection to the state of Arkansas besides their W2.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

swineology

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 18, 2017, 07:36:35 pm
She will be a stellar AD one day if that is her goal. It won't happen at UA as we apparently want someone who has a connection to the state of Arkansas besides their W2.

And there you have the answer, GOBN gotta get an Arkansas man not the best fit for the job.

:puke:

dfwalumdad

Quote from: swineology on November 18, 2017, 07:44:07 pm

And there you have the answer, GOBN gotta get an Arkansas man not the best fit for the job.

:puke:

right people who actually grew up supporting the program and now pick up the lions share for the cost should have no say!

how very democrat of you.

thank god that party is dead in arkansas.

i'l take the gobn any day over the faceless bureaucrats.

Wildhog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 07:50:04 pm
right people who actually grew up supporting the program and now pick up the lions share for the cost should have no say!

how very democrat of you.

thank god that party is dead in arkansas.

i'l take the gobn any day over the faceless bureaucrats.

Lol, of course it’s the raging sexist that posts this.

Thank you.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977