Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You Realize That Gus Is Just Playing You For A New Contract

Started by ArkTiger_17, November 17, 2017, 05:40:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkTiger_17

Long time lurker, first time poster...

As a Auburn transplant to Arkansas, I've found this fan base to be incredibly irrational over the years and all the Gus talk is just another example. Gus is not going to leave Auburn to come coach at Arkansas. Simply not going to happen. You can't afford Gus and Arkansas would be too big a project for someone of Gus' limited ability to fix. You can't recruit here and the facilities are sub par. All this is simply to give him leverage for a new contract. Go ahead and let yourself believe it, it will just make it that much more enjoyable to watch you guys get left at the altar...again.

HogBreath

Quote from: ArkTiger_17 on November 17, 2017, 05:40:27 pm

As a Auburn transplant to Arkansas, I've found this fan base to be incredibly irrational over the years and all the Gus talk is just another example. Gus is not going to leave Auburn to come coach at Arkansas. Simply not going to happen. You can't afford Gus and Arkansas would be too big a project for someone of Gus' limited ability to fix. You can't recruit here and the facilities are sub par. All this is simply to give him leverage for a new contract. Go ahead and let yourself believe it, it will just make it that much more enjoyable to watch you guys get left at the altar...again.
Shut up, stupid.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

GO

If your serious your an idiot and don't know the resources and facilities we have. If your just trolling please go away!

Hollywood870

You seem angry about something.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogHomer

If our facilities are subpar then Auburn is really far behind the SEC with it's facilities

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

NuttinItUp

jgphillips3

What's really funny is that most of us don't really want him anyway.  Anyone whose team calls Jordan-Hare home should never talk about anyone else's facilities...but I figure you know that deep down.  We'll be just fine.  Enjoy losing another Iron Bowl.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 17, 2017, 05:46:10 pm
What's really funny is that most of us don't really want him anyway.  Anyone whose team calls Jordan-Hare home should never talk about anyone else's facilities...but I figure you know that deep down.  We'll be just fine.  Enjoy losing another Iron Bowl.

The funny thing is that I think many anti-Gus people have turned pro-Gus just to piss off the Aubie fans/trolls.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ArkTiger_17

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 17, 2017, 05:46:10 pm

I'll tell you what I enjoy....its having a relevant football program. As to Jordan-Hare vs. Razorback Stadium, get 20k more folks in the stands on an average Saturday and we can talk.

Enjoy loosing to Miss State and Mizzou (again!).

HogBreath

Quote from: GO on November 17, 2017, 05:42:43 pm
If your serious your an idiot and don't know the resources and facilities we have. If your just trolling please go away!
I'll say that regardless of whether he's serious or a troll, the idiot label would still be very applicable.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

cosmodrum

I got a big bag of something for you to snack on. I'll let you guess what it is.
Go away, batin'

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogBreath

Quote from: ArkTiger_17 on November 17, 2017, 05:51:09 pm
I'll tell you what I enjoy....its having a relevant football program. As to Jordan-Hare vs. Razorback Stadium, get 20k more folks in the stands on an average Saturday and we can talk.

That's why we about to take your coach, dummy.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ArkTiger_17 on November 17, 2017, 05:51:09 pm

Loosing. Lol, did you get a degree from Alabama Polytech?
Go away, batin'

Locutus_of_Boar

You do realize only about 20% of the fans base wants Gus, maybe double that would tolerate him for a few years but the seeds of his fall would already be in place:  About as many would already be on the Fire Gus bandwagon from day one.  It would be another Nutt like situation on a faster timeline.

Of course Sexton is shopping him for job security at AU but if that's not happening he might jump if he was sure he had an ironclad 5 year deal in Fayetteville just because that would give him about four more years security than Auburn.

Sexton wants to be able to keep dropping in his guys to Fayetteville at five year intervals.  Gus is about the only older coach he's send to Fayetteville.  Odds are that it's Norvell and if not Norvell odds are even that it's another Sexton client as he controls 50 of the 129 D1 coaches.

Sexton knows the ever increasing level of fan dissatisfaction with coaches may be good for business in the short term but declining viewership will strangle his golder goose in the long haul.

There will be lots of noise about Gus next week as soon as the AD is announced but little is likely to come of it and Arkansas will end up with a younger and probably more popular coach who can last a good solid 5 years.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 17, 2017, 06:01:28 pm
You do realize only about 20% of the fans base wants Gus

I'd say it is a majority at this point.

GolfNut57

Quote from: factchecker on November 17, 2017, 05:53:29 pm
Jonesboro state fan confirmed.

Your obsession with ASU is really laughable. Even when you get trolled by a fan of a fellow SEC school you still got to throw crap at the Red Wolves fan base. Glad we have gotten so deep into your pea sized brain.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hog of steele

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 17, 2017, 06:19:26 pm
Your obsession with ASU is really laughable. Even when you get trolled by a fan of a fellow SEC school you still got to throw crap at the Red Wolves fan base. Glad we have gotten so deep into your pea sized brain.

As obsessed as he may be, even he isn't on an ASU message board. Good to have you though!

hog of steele

As a Auburn transplant to Arkansas,

Lucky you! It's like you won the lottery. As a resident you are welcome to root for AR. You can lose the little brother complex!

GolfNut57

Quote from: GO on November 17, 2017, 05:42:43 pm

posting tip; never try to insult someone else's intelligence when you repeatedly use the word "your" improperly.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hog of steele on November 17, 2017, 06:23:28 pm
As obsessed as he may be, even he isn't on an ASU message board. Good to have you though!

Maybe he isn't and maybe he is. With the ability of being able to hide behind anonymous screen names who's to say who frequents what boards? But I do know that RicePig is a regular visitor to the ASU board. lol

hog of steele

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 17, 2017, 06:30:56 pm
Maybe he isn't and maybe he is. With the ability of being able to hide behind anonymous screen names who's to say who frequents what boards? But I do know that RicePig is a regular visitor to the ASU board. lol

Doesn't rice pig also support asu? Wouldn't change my point either way, you are here! We are glad to have you, but it does point in the obsession direction.

GolfNut57

November 17, 2017, 06:45:33 pm #25 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:00:19 pm by GolfNut57
Quote from: hog of steele on November 17, 2017, 06:33:11 pm
Doesn't rice pig also support asu? Wouldn't change my point either way, you are here! We are glad to have you, but it does point in the obsession direction.

Well seeing as I am mainly here for the Golf forum (the ASU board doesn't have one) the word obsession doesn't really apply to me. When I visit the other forums here it is just for the variety and the laughs I get watching the weekly meltdowns on here. And lately I have gotten to laugh "LONG" and loudly.  ;)

And FWIW I have no idea if RicePig supports ASU financially or not. I am not in his wallet. But I seriously doubt it as when he does visit the ASU board he generally comes across as a troll. I don't believe he would use his free time on Saturdays to go to an ASU football game either judging by his posting on the ASU board. Maybe you should ask him about it though.

hog of steele

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 17, 2017, 06:45:33 pm
Well seeing as I am mainly here for the Golf forum (the ASU board doesn't have one) the word obsession doesn't really apply to me. When I visit the other forums here it is just for the variety and the laughs I get watching the weekly meltdowns on here. And lately I have gotten to laugh "LONG" and loudly.  ;)

And FWIW I have no idea if RisePig supports ASU financially or not. I am not in his wallet. But I seriously doubt it as when he does visit the ASU board he generally comes across as a troll. I don't believe he would use his free time on Saturdays to go to an ASU football game either judging by his posting on the ASU board. Maybe you should ask him about it though.

I am glad you annoying the amenities of the flagship message board ;)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 17, 2017, 06:45:33 pm

And FWIW I have no idea if RicePig supports ASU financially or not. I am not in his wallet. But I seriously doubt it as when he does visit the ASU board he generally comes across as a troll. I don't believe he would use his free time on Saturdays to go to an ASU football game either judging by his posting on the ASU board. Maybe you should ask him about it though.
Brings up a good question. Since you obviously enjoy chasing that "little white ball" does ASyou even have a golf team. Never hear a thing about them. Or like most of the programs there are they pretty much a nonevent ???

Vantage 8 dude

Well there's one thing that will NEVER EVER change in the state of Alabama. Even if you happen to beat the Tide once a year you're still going to always be considered their "little brother", or should I say their bit3h" ??? :o :(

BTW for the sake of full disclosure: you're not actually a long time lurker; that would really be long time flasher.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 17, 2017, 07:29:59 pm
Brings up a good question. Since you obviously enjoy chasing that "little white ball" does ASyou even have a golf team. Never hear a thing about them. Or like most of the programs there are they pretty much a nonevent ???

Yeah they have a golf team. It isn't much on the national stage though. I believe the closest they've gotten to having a former player go pro was one on the girls team a few years ago. I think she played on tour for a couple years and then left the tour. Believe she works on the broadcast side of the LPGA nowadays. Can't recall her name but would know it if I saw it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 17, 2017, 11:10:13 pm
Yeah they have a golf team. It isn't much on the national stage though. I believe the closest they've gotten to having a former player go pro was one on the girls team a few years ago. I think she played on tour for a couple years and then left the tour. Believe she works on the broadcast side of the LPGA nowadays. Can't recall her name but would know it if I saw it.
Well if it's who I'm thinking about her parents live right down the street from me. Met her a few years ago and at the time she was working on getting a spot on the tour. Since I rarely watch golf on tv I couldn't say whether or not it's the same young lady.