Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches Hot seat says we should hire:

Started by Hoggie17, November 13, 2017, 06:41:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

Mike Norvell.

They go on to say that CBB took over one of the top teams in the SEC, CBP left it loaded with Talent and the BB has done a freaking mess.  They also say the AD knows if they made the right hire in the first 90 days.  I knew we had made a mistake after I say the first 90 days of the way the team played in fall of 2013.  I posted what I saw and was ridiculed.  It just takes some people a lot longer figure things out. As my mother would have said if she were still alive, "God Bless their little hearts".

http://coacheshotseat.com/

NuttinItUp

For those that are too lazy to click or don't want to hunt on the page for it:

2. Bret Bielema, Arkansas – 5 years ago both Butch Jones and Bret Bielema were hired at Tennessee and Arkansas respectfully and with Jones now sent packing its worth looking at both of their records besides each other, but first one must understand that Bielema took over a Helluva Lot better football program than Jones took over at Tennessee which was a Total Disaster after Kiffin and Dooley with Bielema taking over an Arkansas team loaded with talent that under Bobby Petrino was one of the top teams in the SEC!

Butch Jones: 2013 – 2017

Overall: 34 – 27

SEC: 14 – 24

Bret Bielema: 2013 – 2017

Overall: 29 – 32

SEC: 11 – 27

Translation: Butch Jones was Borderline Disaster at Tennessee primarily driven by Butch's own unforced errors and Bret Bielema has been nothing short of...

Complete Freaking Disaster

...after taking over a sold Hogs program at Arkansas and the Hogs at 4 – 6 on the season still have to play...

Mississippi State
Missouri

...this season!

We are going to let everyone on in a little secret about Hiring and Firing people:

99 times out of 100 the person hiring someone knows within 90 days whether they made a good hire or not.

Yes....one hears all the time that a coach needs several years to "get his kids in the program" but the reality is that Good forget about Great Coaches can immediately impact a football program and the things that a head coach does in his first 90 days often tells the tale on whether that coach will be successful or not and whether the Athletic Director that hired that coach admits it or not...He/She knows very soon after the hire whether it was the right hire or not.

We say the above because our Good Arkansas Buddy in Ft. Smith, Arkansas who has been going to Razorbacks football games for 40+ years told us a couple of months into Bielema's tenure at Arkansas....

"It's just not going to work with Bielema. It may take a couple of years or five years but in the end it's just not going to work out for Bret at Arkansas."

Our recommendation to the Good Folks at the University of Arkansas:

Send Bret Bielema packing in a few weeks and hire Memphis head coach Mike Norvell to coach the Razorbacks!

Hoggie17

There is no need for a search committee. The 2 choices are Mike Norvell or Gus Malzahn

Mike Norvell has won 16 games while losing 6, his average is .714 right now. He is in his second year and averaging wining 8 games a year. if he wins out he will improve on that.

Gus Malzahn has won 51 games while losing 23, his average is .689.  He has won an average of 8.5 games a year over the last 5 years, if he wins out he will improve on that. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 13, 2017, 07:01:50 am
There is no need for a search committee. The 2 choices are Mike Norvell or Gus Malzahn

Mike Norvell has won 16 games while losing 6, his average is .714 right now. He is in his second year and averaging wining 8 games a year. if he wins out he will improve on that.

Gus Malzahn has won 51 games while losing 23, his average is .689.  He has won an average of 8.5 games a year over the last 5 years, if he wins out he will improve on that. 

Either would be a step up.

It should be mentioned that Gus' record is against tougher (SEC) competition, though.

Also, why did this go to trash? Is CoachesHotSeat no longer a reputable source?

hoglady

I don't understand why this went to trash.

Coaches Hot Seat has been around a long time - it's just a opinion blog.
I didn't see anything considered dicey in the content.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 13, 2017, 07:05:36 am
Either would be a step up.

It should be mentioned that Gus' record is against tougher (SEC) competition, though.

Also, why did this go to trash? Is CoachesHotSeat no longer a reputable source?

Remember the old Vents/Rumors forum?  Not sure why but I think they sometimes dump things in trash that would have gone to V/R.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 13, 2017, 08:06:46 am
Remember the old Vents/Rumors forum?  Not sure why but I think they sometimes dump things in trash that would have gone to V/R.

Very possible, I suppose. I know I have seen Coaches Hot Seat stuff in MMQ before, though.

Hoggie17

Quote from: hoglady on November 13, 2017, 07:32:25 am
I don't understand why this went to trash.

Coaches Hot Seat has been around a long time - it's just a opinion blog.
I didn't see anything considered dicey in the content.
I was puzzled.

HawgTide

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 13, 2017, 07:01:50 am

I will take either one.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.