Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Domination!

Started by Fan701, November 12, 2017, 07:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan701

When's the last time we so dominated our first two opponents as we did this weekend?  1993, maybe?  And I'm pretty sure both Samford and Bucknell are top twenty mid-majors, so the blow-outs were against reasonably good competition.  Tougher competition will come next week.

Lanny

Arkansas is very athletic, fun to watch
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Fan701

Quote from: Lanny on November 12, 2017, 07:09:30 pm
Arkansas is very athletic, fun to watch
It's been over twenty years since we looked this good!

pigbacon

Quote from: Fan701 on November 12, 2017, 07:10:27 pm
It's been over twenty years since we looked this good!

You are right about that! Hope this is just a sample of what to see this year.

cjack

It's so exciting to see a competent coach leading a good team with that Razorback on the jersey.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

hawgrunner

Danny J

Yep...told my partner during the game we haven't looked this good this early against quality teams in over 20 years.

thehill1414

We look fantastic...love the length we have coming off the bench! Macon and Barford were spectacular tonight.

Great win against a good Bucknell team.

azhog10

The suspensions have almost helped. Mike has seemed to have found a solid rotation early in the year. Years past it seemed to have taken him a bit longer. This rotation seems to work. He always has one of Barford, Macon, and Beard on the floor. When beard is by himself he has CJ and Darious with him.

Side note: Darious may be the most tenacious defender we've had in a long time. His effort is contagious and it seems to help our rotations in scramble situations. Love his upside.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: azhog10 on November 12, 2017, 07:22:45 pm
The suspensions have almost helped. Mike has seemed to have found a solid rotation early in the year. Years past it seemed to have taken him a bit longer. This rotation seems to work. He always has one of Barford, Macon, and Beard on the floor. When beard is by himself he has CJ and Darious with him.

Side note: Darious may be the most tenacious defender we've had in a long time. His effort is contagious and it seems to help our rotations in scramble situations. Love his upside.

Darious is the kind of player where, when you're on offense, you have to know where he is at all times.  The definition of disruptive.

BrooklynRoss

One interesting difference with this year's team: those first two teams we beat aren't cupcakes. They're probably Tourney teams.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Danny J

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 12, 2017, 07:29:08 pm
One interesting difference with this year's team: those first two teams we beat aren't cupcakes. They're probably Tourney teams.
And total domination against both with not even a hint of trouble against either.

Danny J

Quote from: azhog10 on November 12, 2017, 07:22:45 pm

Excellent post

swinesation

I think the second unit, with Hall, Jones, O, & Gafford are better defensively than the first group. Super athletic dogs!!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: swinesation on November 12, 2017, 07:59:05 pm
I think the second unit, with Hall, Jones, O, & Gafford are better defensively than the first group. Super athletic dogs!!

Man wait till Cook gets back.  He's a dog on defense too! 

Also, can we give a round of applause for Adrio Bailey?!  According to his stat line, he didn't do so hot in our exhibition games, but he has been a BEAST these first two games. 

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 12, 2017, 08:02:25 pm
Man wait till Cook gets back.  He's a dog on defense too! 

Also, can we give a round of applause for Adrio Bailey?!  According to his stat line, he didn't do so hot in our exhibition games, but he has been a BEAST these first two games. 

7 points (60% from the field), 4 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks. i was honestly not expecting Bailey to be this big of a factor this year. So far he's incredible.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

PonderinHog

Quote from: swinesation on November 12, 2017, 07:59:05 pm
Long, lean and I think Hall might have a mean streak in him. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

I didnt see the first game but watched tonight.  Obviously early, but this team looks more athletic with a bigger motor than last year, they were just relentless.

cal34

So many long athletic guys on this team!  They were really snatching up the rebounds. They are gonna be fun to watch.

cal34

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 12, 2017, 09:17:38 pm
I didnt see the first game but watched tonight.  Obviously early, but this team looks more athletic with a bigger motor than last year, they were just relentless.

The first game was a dunk fest!  I think everyone but Beard and Macon can jump out of the gym.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: cal34 on November 12, 2017, 09:28:39 pm
The first game was a dunk fest!  I think everyone but Beard and Macon can jump out of the gym.
Thanks, I wasnt aware so went and watched the highlights, wow.  However, that dunk by Hall tonight was pretty sweet too.  And since you mentioned, Beard, is it me or does he look leaner?  I though he looked slimmed down and in better shape than last year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 12, 2017, 09:48:16 pm
Thanks, I wasnt aware so went and watched the highlights, wow.  However, that dunk by Hall tonight was pretty sweet too.  And since you mentioned, Beard, is it me or does he look leaner?  I though he looked slimmed down and in better shape than last year.
I think I read that he's lost about fifteen pounds.

FATHAWG08

Hogs margin of victory after 2 games is impressive.
I love off season Football!!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: cal34 on November 12, 2017, 09:28:39 pm

Macon can fly. It's just not a huge part of his game.

GuvHog

Quote from: thehill1414 on November 12, 2017, 07:18:31 pm
We look fantastic...love the length we have coming off the bench! Macon and Barford were spectacular tonight.

I'll say this about Macon and Barford, If those 2 don't get drafted by an NBA team next year then something is seriously wrong with the NBA Draft. Those 2 can flat out play ball!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HotlantaHog

Bucknell is typically a seriously good team. I am stunned the game wasn't close, even at home. This could be a really good team.

BRHogfan

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 12, 2017, 08:16:17 pm
7 points (60% from the field), 4 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks. i was honestly not expecting Bailey to be this big of a factor this year. So far he's incredible.

I feel like he's picking up where Jacorey Williams left off two years ago. 

MO.Hog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 13, 2017, 07:48:19 am
Bucknell is typically a seriously good team. I am stunned the game wasn't close, even at home. This could be a really good team.

They were a 13 seed last year in tourny, and I heard announcer state last night that they returned all their starters this year.  Long season ahead, but it sure gets you excited with a start like this.

010HogFan

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 13, 2017, 09:28:40 am
I feel like he's picking up where Jacorey Williams left off two years ago. 

He is better than Jacorey was for us in a lot of ways, and he doesn't make a boneheaded play every game or throw shoes

zuko

Quote from: thehill1414 on November 12, 2017, 07:18:31 pm

Good? Bucknell is 0-2 and rebuilding. Hogs faced no real competition yet and they know it.

Fan701

Quote from: zuko on November 13, 2017, 01:44:50 pm
Good? Bucknell is 0-2 and rebuilding. Hogs faced no real competition yet and they know it.
A team that returned all their players from last year is rebuilding?  How so?

010HogFan

Quote from: Fan701 on November 13, 2017, 01:53:28 pm

lmao

bigred223

Quote from: Fan701 on November 13, 2017, 01:53:28 pm

He's a troll. Ignore him.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: cal34 on November 12, 2017, 09:25:26 pm
So many long athletic guys on this team!  They were really snatching up the rebounds. They are gonna be fun to watch.

And fast.!! Crazy fast.! This team looks deadly.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.