Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell is going to do awesome

Started by Tusks, November 03, 2017, 09:12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

as the hogs coach next year.

I love his offense and his play calling.  The OL will lose some weight and won't be so bunched up.  Great running lanes and routes in his offense.  The tools are on the hogs now to run his offense and run it great. Hammands will ROCK in his O.

I like the DC at Tulsa maybe more than his DC at Mem.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

NashvilleHog

Once Ole Miss gets their additional bowl ban and players can transfer, I think some of their WR would love the Norvell offense
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

East Clintwood

Quote from: tusked on November 03, 2017, 09:12:24 pm
as the hogs coach next year.

I love his offense and his play calling.  The OL will lose some weight and won't be so bunched up.  Great running lanes and routes in his offense.  The tools are on the hogs now to run his offense and run it great. Hammands will ROCK in his O.

I like the DC at Tulsa maybe more than his DC at Mem.

Dear little peon Razorback football fan,

Jeffy thanks you for your valuable suggestion and he will most certainly take your advice under consideration.

In the meantime, Jeffy asks that you continue your support of Razorback Football under the continued leadership of Coach Bert for the 2018 season and for many seasons beyond.

Sincerely,

Jeffy the All-time Greatest AD and Head Coach Hirer Ever's secretary, April May Jones.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

LRrazorback

I see CMN as building a strong program here and I look forward to seeing where he takes us.  Can't wait to go to some games next year, haven't been in several years.

HeathWimp

There is no way we could land someone like Novell, considering how beaten down this program is.  We'll have to settle for a retread like Miles, or maybe an assistant that no one has heard of.

And I'm still not convinced that BB is leaving.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Tusks

Heck the hogs have a great WR core no one knows about, Warren, Jackson, Pettway, Boating, Barnes & Barkley.

They have all the tools for playing in space.

PLHawg

I love watching his offense.  Make it happen!

Tusks

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 03, 2017, 09:25:24 pm

Dear little peon Razorback football fan,
Jeffy thanks you for your valuable suggestion and he will most certainly take your advice under consideration.

In the meantime, Jeffy asks that you continue your support of Razorback Football under the continued leadership of Coach Bert for the 2018 season and for many seasons beyond.

Sincerely,
Jeffy the All-time Greatest AD and Head Coach Hirer Ever's secretary, April May Jones.

Jeffie is overrated and overpaid melba toast.  He can bite my baals.

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

The Pulse

There would be a lot to look forward to if Norvell gets hired. There would be absolutely nothing but crap to look forward to if JL tries to keep Bielema.

Tusks

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 03, 2017, 09:29:43 pm
i wanna have his baby

from the worship love he gets on the board, I figure that's the least.

Tusks

Quote from: The Pulse on November 03, 2017, 09:36:24 pm
There would be a lot to look forward to if Norvell gets hired. There would be absolutely nothing but crap to look forward to if JL tries to keep Bielema.

JL ain't bringing BB back, you can get that out of your collective heads.  He's done, it started at TCU, gained steam at USCe, and the nail was Auburn.

He's gonna finish 5-7 if he can beat MO and he's gone.

swineology

I see him getting hammered by Bama, aTm, LSU and Auburn

Sound familiar?

grayhawg

Quote from: tusked on November 03, 2017, 09:39:18 pm
JL ain't bringing BB back, you can get that out of your collective heads.  He's done, it started at TCU, gained steam at USCe, and the nail was Auburn.

He's gonna finish 5-7 if he can beat MO and he's gone.
I would have said the same thing a week or 10 days ago, but now don't bet the farm

Tusks

Quote from: grayhawg on November 03, 2017, 09:41:36 pm
I would have said the same thing a weer or 10n days ago, but now don't bet the farm

He would be run out of town.  Everyone knows it.  He's making the change, he don't want fans to know it, but he is.  It's over.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: swineology on November 03, 2017, 09:39:44 pm

Sound familiar?
Just to those who have only watched Razorback football during the CBB error.

PLHawg

Frost and Campbell will probably be the only two coaches more sought after than Norvell.  Any delusions of getting him on the cheap are now null and void.  JL needs to be in contact with his agent NOW!

Tusks

One thing JL is good at, hell he's a master at it.  It's by far his best asset.  He knows how to run the propaganda.  He should work for the Kremlin, he'd become the Russian President.

Because he don't know schit about hiring a football coach.

swineology

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on November 03, 2017, 09:43:33 pm
Just to those who have only watched Razorback football during the CBB error.

Petrino never beat Bama or any other top 10 team in his "error"

mckinneyhog5

HDN tore it up his first year at Arkansas..I would rather have an established coach then one who has been one for two years. The SEC will eat him up.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Tusks

Quote from: swineology on November 03, 2017, 09:48:18 pm

But he had the hogs #3 with 2 to play.  I 'll take that every year.

Tusks

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 03, 2017, 09:50:02 pm
HDN tore it up his first year at Arkansas..I would rather have an established coach then one who has been one for two years. The SEC will eat him up.

You guys gotta get over analyzing chalk.  The game is not won there.

Marshfieldhog

LSU was 6th when we beat them in 2010.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: tusked on November 03, 2017, 09:53:15 pm
But he had the hogs #3 with 2 to play.  I 'll take that every year.
No, you wouldn't if it was followed by two losses every year.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 03, 2017, 09:54:10 pm
LSU was 6th when we beat them in 2010.

and Nutt beat them in death valley when LSU was #1 in his final game.

Tusks

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 03, 2017, 09:54:40 pm
No, you wouldn't if it was followed by two losses every year.

Dude I can't help ya.  Good luck with all your picks and cheers.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: tusked on November 03, 2017, 09:56:39 pm
Dude I can't help ya.  Good luck with all your picks and cheers.
So, you'd be happy every year if we were #3 with two games to play and lost those last two games every year?

Tusks

Sound familiar?

Then you have something to look forward to.

ipigsooie

This is fun football to watch.  There are no guarantees with any coach. We thought we hit a grand slam with CBB .  But it does seem like the excitement that surrounds Norvell may be the closest thing to unifying our fan base and bringing life back to our program. There are a lot of names out there and a lot of positives and negatives but it just seems like Norvell is a dude we can all get behind and enjoy the ride.

And for those that say Norvell wouldn't want to come here now that he is blowing up, I think you are wrong. I think he would love to be here. Let's bring Mrs. Norvell back home!

Marshfieldhog

Just get Norvell here and get rid of the failed CBB era.

East Clintwood

Saban has only lost 13 games in the last 9-1/2 years.  Only 2 teams have beat him twice during that time (Auburn/LSU).  So even those two teams are 2 - 7 against him.

It's a very large club, the coaches that have never beaten Saban at Alabama.

I don't think you can really judge a coaches success by looking at his record against Saban/Alabama.  If you do then Les comes out on top.

ipigsooie

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 03, 2017, 10:02:42 pm
Saban has only lost 13 games in the last 9-1/2 years.  Only 2 teams have beat him twice during that time (Auburn/LSU).  So even those two teams are 2 - 7 against him.

I don't think you can really judge a coaches success by looking at his record against Saban/Alabama.  If you do then Les comes out on top.

Didn't hugh freeze beat him twice

The Hawg Marshal

I like how they score points in the second half in almost every game.

Tusks

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 03, 2017, 10:00:04 pm
This is fun football to watch.  There are no guarantees with any coach. We thought we hit a grand slam with CBB .  But it does seem like the excitement that surrounds Norvell may be the closest thing to unifying our fan base and bringing life back to our program. There are a lot of names out there and a lot of positives and negatives but it just seems like Norvell is a dude we can all get behind and enjoy the ride.

And for those that say Norvell wouldn't want to come here now that he is blowing up, I think you are wrong. I think he would love to be here. Let's bring Mrs. Norvell back home!

For what I understand and it's as a fan, he likes to take a defensive player and on a play exploit him to have to make an impossible decision trying to cover a play.

He likes to spread it out and get players in space both running and throwing.  I love that, it's how the game is played today.

Porkchop#1

And he never lost to A&M, usually beat Auburn, and did well against LSU, who was playing for BCS championships during his time, not the train wreck LSU Bert has played against. 

Try to keep up.

Or go embrace you some 11-26, you seem to have a great affinity for that kind of suck.

sowmonella

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 03, 2017, 10:02:42 pm

Didn't Ole Miss?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

East Clintwood

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 03, 2017, 09:58:20 pm
So, you'd be happy every year if we were #3 with two games to play and lost those last two games every year?

It might get old after a few years of it but I'd enjoy it for a few years first.

Tusks

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 03, 2017, 10:05:05 pm
I like how they score points in the second half in almost every game.

Lots of other teams do that all the time.  It's not as special as you'd think.  Kind of like walking and chewing gum.  The hogs used to do it ALL the time until CBB decided not to.

Hawgphish

Just watched Memphis whip Tulsa, and if we get Norvell, I hope he does not get discouraged when he realizes he had more talent at Memphis. 

Tusks

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 03, 2017, 10:08:42 pm
Just watched Memphis whip Tulsa, and if we get Norvell, I hope he does not get discouraged when he realizes he had more talent at Memphis. 

I'd take all the hogs WR and RB over Mem. 

Danimal

Sound familiar?
Sounds like more regular season wins than CBB's ever had here..

swineology

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on November 03, 2017, 10:05:25 pm
And he never lost to A&M, usually beat Auburn, and did well against LSU, who was playing for BCS championships during his time, not the train wreck LSU Bert has played against. 

Try to keep up.

Or go embrace you some 11-26, you seem to have a great affinity for that kind of suck.

Let's not forget the tOSU loss. Bob beat the teams he was supposed to but lost to the teams that he was supposed to lose to.

Norvell hasn't been an NFL coach or a power 5 coach. To think he can field a team that will win 8-9 games a year is idiotic.

It's just like the next QB is better than the last one.

East Clintwood

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 03, 2017, 10:04:08 pm
Didn't hugh freeze beat him twice

Quote from: sowmonella on November 03, 2017, 10:05:35 pm
Didn't Ole Miss?

Yes, you're right.

Three teams beat him twice.  Auburn (different coaches). LSU and
Ole Miss.

Tusks

Quote from: swineology on November 03, 2017, 10:09:51 pm
Let's not forget the tOSU loss. Bob beat the teams he was supposed to but lost to the teams that he was supposed to lose to.

Norvell hasn't been an NFL coach or a power 5 coach. To think he can field a team that will win 8-9 games a year is idiotic.

Since you don't like BP that much, why try to hold Norvell to that standard.  There isn't a BP in the market places so gotta figure out something else.

AnthroHog

ipigsooie

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 03, 2017, 10:10:23 pm
Yes, you're right.

Three teams beat him twice.  Auburn (different coaches). LSU and
Ole Miss.

Yes. Also urban beat him twice but with 2 different  teams. Either way, the dude is tough to beat

Tusks

So BP won games but he didn't beat the right teams?  Stupid.  Right now the hogs don't even LOSE to the right teams.

this thread is about how great Norvell is going to be as the head hog.

MissippHog

Quote from: swineology on November 03, 2017, 10:09:51 pm

It's just like the next QB is better than the last one.
As his team just moved to 8-1 with a win over Tulsa.  SMH.

Tusks

Quote from: MissippHog on November 03, 2017, 10:16:56 pm
As his team just moved to 8-1 with a win over Tulsa.  SMH.

Winning is what matters.  Lots of guys are just winners and that is what Norvell is.  I also think Campbell is going to win at the same level as Norvell.