Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Favored by 17 over NMSU

Started by san1981, September 24, 2017, 04:21:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

san1981

I was expecting 21-24, but 17 is a surprise.

I think Vegas is on to NMSU as they are a good team and 4-0 ATS.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Hawgphish

ShadowHawg

Getting back to .500 will be chicken soup for the soul.

DeltaBoy

September 24, 2017, 04:44:01 pm #3 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:51:26 am by DeltaBoy
I expect a Toledo!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The_Iceman

hobhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 04:44:01 pm
I except a Toledo!

Good grief dude. Go find something else to do. Constant incoherent whining is getting really old.

ricepig

Hawgphish

RazorbackAlways

longpig

Just great, Bielema will hear the spread is 17 and plan an easy week, lose by a score.
Don't be scared, be smart.

TrueBlue

17 and NMSU? Sounds like a good bet. They have a better QB than aTm.

san1981

Line down to 15 and 15.5 this morning. Guess the money is flowing to NMSU.

hogcard1964

nwahogfan1

I live in Las Cruces now we should not take NMS lightly.  They start over 20 4th and 5th year seniors including a 5th year QB and RB.  They run the spread and know how to score the football.  We are not a good defensive football team and NMS is a good offensive team.   They should of beaten AZ St. but TOs in the first half killed them.  They had better stats than ASU and our scored them by 2 scores in the 2nd half but ran out of time. 

If the spread is over 2 TDs then I would take the points and NMS which I guess is being done because the spread is getting tighter.

This is a good test and will help us.  But we have to win.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2017, 04:48:17 pm
Good grief dude. Go find something else to do. Constant incoherent whining is getting really old.

I don't need an English teacher here at Hogville. !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

311Hog

scary game i bet they come in hyped at trying to get a  SEC team when they are down.  Hogs poured alot into that A&M game hope they got something left for this.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: 311Hog on September 25, 2017, 10:53:43 am
scary game i bet they come in hyped at trying to get a  SEC team when they are down.  Hogs poured alot into that A&M game hope they got something left for this.

yes, NMSU will be hyped. Lots of seniors all over the field for them. 6'6" receiver will likely go for 150+ on us. Gonna need good effort on defense and steady running with a few deep balls on offense. Definite trap game! I'm less worried about South Carolina the next week!

We played better last week except for the big plays to five star recruits. NMSU has none of those. They're a good football team but definitely not on the level of A&M or TCU.

311Hog

we totally failed on Kirk again.

How this man is allowed to step on the field without no less than 3 Hogs around him is beyond me.

Dirty

Say we lose, does the pants get hotter?

ChicoHog

September 25, 2017, 12:02:50 pm #20 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:33:11 pm by ChicoHog
Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 06:37:50 am
I live in Las Cruces now we should not take NMS lightly.  They start over 20 4th and 5th year seniors including a 5th year QB and RB.  They run the spread and know how to score the football.  We are not a good defensive football team and NMS is a good offensive team.   They should of beaten AZ St. but TOs in the first half killed them.  They had better stats than ASU and our scored them by 2 scores in the 2nd half but ran out of time. 

If the spread is over 2 TDs then I would take the points and NMS which I guess is being done because the spread is getting tighter.

I've been on them all year on the betting line.  Watched a lot of the Troy game since I had money involved. They may be the best NMS in school history which is not saying much but still a a team to be concerned about.  Hogs need to play well. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 10:52:04 am

I think you do, actually.

Seebs

I'm giving out free Toledos today for anybody that wishes to 'accept' them. No kissing.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jkstock04

Quote from: 311Hog on September 25, 2017, 10:53:43 am
I think they will smell blood in the water. All intangibles favor them for an upset. Not saying it will happen, I think we will end up winning this game. But this is kind of a weird one for sure...11am kickoff. Fans are not going to be up for this game.

We need to get up on them quick and dispel any ideas they may have of an upset. This is not the type of team we need to let hang around.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

You know if we score on the first series, and they haven't, we will set on it not taking any chance of losing the lead and of course we will lose the lead.  If they are a true, blue rent a win, we'll look good, win decent and have the Sunshiners bogging down the Hogville network with I told you so and how much we've improved and yack, yack , yack.  Was a time not that far back we would be a 35 point fav over a team like this.  Abd the second teamers would get a bunch of playing time.

onebadrubi

4-0 visits 0-4 this weekend. 

NMS has been a good bet this year, a few on here have been saying they are a scrappy team.  I know the two times I have kept an eye on their game they back doored the cover ATS, but they are a team that will put up some points.  They will try to spread us out and sling it.

Wild Bill Hog

NMSU is one of the 3 wins I'm expecting the Hogs to get this year.

phadedhawg

Losing this one will be a disaster.  I don't think it would lead to an immediate change in jobs for members of the athletic dept but it might cement Arkansas playing in a mostly empty stadium at home for rest of the year.

For Bielema to win back the fanbase he will have to do something impossible.  The only way I see that happening is going to a bowl and upsetting Alabama along the way.  After the way they abused an improved Vandy, they will destroy us.  There is no hope.

DeltaBoy

PorkRinds

hogcard1964

Quote from: san1981 on September 25, 2017, 05:47:36 am
Line down to 15 and 15.5 this morning. Guess the money is flowing to NMSU.

I'm still seeing -17 to -17.5

daprospecta

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 25, 2017, 12:54:35 pm
Losing this one will be a disaster.  I don't think it would lead to an immediate change in jobs for members of the athletic dept but it might cement Arkansas playing in a mostly empty stadium at home for rest of the year.

For Bielema to win back the fanbase he will have to do something impossible.  The only way I see that happening is going to a bowl and upsetting Alabama along the way.  After the way they abused an improved Vandy, they will destroy us.  There is no hope.
We lose this one and I think CBB may not make it to the next weekend. I could most certainly be wrong and hopefully I won't have to test my thought process.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 04:44:01 pm
I expect a Toledo!

It would no big surprise, DeltaBoy.  Arkansas coming in flat off a crushing loss...NM St. coming in on an upset-minded high.

Never count your chickens before they hatch.  I was at the Toledo game and the 2012 Louisiana Monroe game.  No one walked in the stadium expecting a loss in either of those, double especially the LAM game.  LAM had a dandy little QB by the name of Browning and he almost single-handedly demolished Arkansas.  If I remember correctly, Arkansas was a 3 TD favorite in that game.

If it was over before it started, there would be no need to play the game.  I'll take New Mexico State and the 17 points on the bet.

WilsonHog

I believe we'll win by a couple of scores. But if lose, I won't be surprised by it.

longpig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 10:52:04 am

YOU DA MAN DELTA!  Don't let anybody tell you different.

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

san1981

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2017, 01:59:31 pm
I'm still seeing -17 to -17.5

You can check the line history here. Seems to be bouncing between 15 to 17.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/new-mexico-state-@-arkansas.cfm/date/9-30-17/time/1200#BT

I haven't paid much attention to the total, but 60.5 seems low.

longpig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 06:37:50 am
I live in Las Cruces now we should not take NMS lightly. They start over 20 4th and 5th year seniors including a 5th year QB and RB.  They run the spread and know how to score the football.  We are not a good defensive football team and NMS is a good offensive team.   They should of beaten AZ St. but TOs in the first half killed them.  They had better stats than ASU and our scored them by 2 scores in the 2nd half but ran out of time. 

TCU 2.0.

PorkRinds

A betting man would take the hogs and to cover.  Easy money.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 25, 2017, 02:12:21 pm

I just bet grandpa's pig farm on New Mexico State.  Grandma is going to be mad as a hornet.  She loves her fresh bacon.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2017, 04:48:17 pm

SMILE!!!!

BassinHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 25, 2017, 02:12:21 pm

I bet they don't cover. Win yes, cover no.

A&M is not a good team and beat the hogs.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"