Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hate To Break It To You

Started by Oklahawg, September 24, 2017, 01:48:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 24, 2017, 02:00:27 pm
Did he quit coaching, or make a coaching decision you didn't agree with?
I honestly can't tell when he is coaching?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 08:12:52 pm
CBB kicked Nutt's ass when they played in a bowl game. Total domination. Nutt was the seasoned veteran coach and CBB was a rookie HC.

(type, click "post," and give me the "yeah but" parts of this argument)

Nutt is a better coach. I don't care what fantasy world you are living in...

You can't point to a single thing that has improved on the field in his tenure. Not one. We are in year 5 and we are staring down the barrel of a Smile season...all you can do is holler about agendas and eye rolls and irrational and some of that agenda drivel.

Tell me when we should expect a turn around Okla....year 6? Year 10? Year 18? Honest question.

PRJ

gchamblee

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 02:58:34 pm
Not agreeing with it all, but the post isn't irrational.  Probably lots of truth.  If you want to claim the poster is generally irrational, I get it, but the post not so much.

claiming mond looked like a heisman contender is irrational. hyperbole. if you have to resort to hyperbole to make a point, you don't have a point to be made.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 24, 2017, 08:45:33 pm
claiming mond looked like a heisman contender is irrational. hyperbole. if you have to resort to hyperbole to make a point, you don't have a point to be made.

He was a true freshman QB...that Louisiana rattled. He had 325 total yards against us.

You tell me...did we make him look like a true freshman QB that got rattled in his first big time SEC game?

PRJ

bondhue

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 24, 2017, 05:31:20 pm
We have 50 seconds or so when we begin a drive before the half...we run out the clock...we've fallen a long way from the days of   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVfWI79RnVk&t=16s
My absolute favorite era of razorback football.  I could not sit down during a game.  None of them.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgphish on September 24, 2017, 02:07:50 pm
I just took a knee when the wife told me take out the trash.

Be careful..............your right to protest like that could mean a big alimony.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

3of5-2

Quote from: bondhue on September 24, 2017, 08:48:54 pm
My absolute favorite era of razorback football.  I could not sit down during a game.  None of them.
Listen to us fans, I was there for that, call the hogs at the 2:35 mark. We have fallen a long ways.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: gchamblee on September 24, 2017, 08:45:33 pm

I'm sorry, please show me where I made this claim about Mond?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 09:02:14 pm

He is talking about me....

PRJ

radar

Okla you might want to expand on that bowl game where Bret kicked Nutts' ass, he won the game 17-14, scoring their 17 in the first half (sound familiar). Ending his Wisconsin career with a bowl record of 2-4.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 09:07:44 pm
He is talking about me....

PRJ

I don't think so.  I referenced one of your posts as not necessarily being irrational in and of its self, but that post made no mention of Mond.  And I've never mention Mond either.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ShadowTheHedgehog

No, stop it! If you are unhappy with CBB that is one thing, bringing up HDN and claiming he is s good coach is like calling your ex GF when you get dumped. HDN should never ever come near Razorback football again.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: radar on September 24, 2017, 09:08:27 pm
Okla you might want to expand on that bowl game where Bret kicked Nutts' ass, he won the game 17-14, scoring their 17 in the first half (sound familiar). Ending his Wisconsin career with a bowl record of 2-4.

He didn't kick Nutt's ass.  He didn't dominate anything in that game, but he did win.  He's definitely a better coach than Nutt.  But if we're going to claim hyperbole around here, then let's address this as such too. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 24, 2017, 09:13:45 pm
No, stop it! If you are unhappy with CBB that is one thing, bringing up HDN and claiming he is s good coach is like calling your ex GF when you get dumped. HDN should never ever come near Razorback football again.

No doubt. 

JaketheSnake

That game was like our TCU game. The score wasn't bad, but one team was better. 

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 08:48:00 pm
He was a true freshman QB...that Louisiana rattled. He had 325 total yards against us.

You tell me...did we make him look like a true freshman QB that got rattled in his first big time SEC game?

PRJ

you didnt say that. you said he looked like a heisman contender, which was a hyperbolic lie.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

The point is that as a rookie BB beat Nutt who had McFadden, was a veteran coach and had loads of talent.  BB isn't sabotaging the program or trying to ruin players.  That's it.  Agree to disagree, on who is a better X's and O's coach - I was simply saying that we've had talent suddenly turn a season around in the past, and this time we don't have someone who would act like Nutt did. Now let's not give Nutt any more publicity. 
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 09:15:31 pm
That game was like our TCU game. The score wasn't bad, but one team was better. 

I agree, but are you saying that TCU kicked our ass?  That they totally dominated us?  I didn't see that at all.  We were always in that game until the very end. 

gchamblee

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 09:02:14 pm

you didnt. prj did. he seems to always require some embellishments to make whatever point he is trying to make. when he has a tendency to be dishonest, why should anyone listen to him?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 09:18:14 pm
The point is that as a rookie BB beat Nutt who had McFadden, was a veteran coach and had loads of talent.  BB isn't sabotaging the program or trying to ruin players.  That's it.  Agree to disagree, on who is a better X's and O's coach - I was simply saying that we've had talent suddenly turn a season around in the past, and this time we don't have someone who would act like Nutt did. Now let's not give Nutt any more publicity. 

Speaking of irrational, my loathing of Nutt might actually reach to irrationality.  If that's even possible.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 24, 2017, 09:20:27 pm
you didnt. prj did. he seems to always require some embellishments to make whatever point he is trying to make. when he has a tendency to be dishonest, why should anyone listen to him?

Lol...dude, bless your heart.

We made Mond look better than he is.

Dispute it..say it is hyperbole...but it isn't dishonest.

PRJ

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 09:22:05 pm
Lol...dude, bless your heart.

We made Mond look better than he is.

Dispute it..say it is hyperbole...but it isn't dishonest.

PRJ

you are correct. however, he did not look like a heisman contender.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 09:21:27 pm
Speaking of irrational, my loathing of Nutt might actually reach to irrationality.  If that's even possible.

Oh, mine went beyond a galaxy, far, far away.....that doesn't suddenly change the facts here on earth, though.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 24, 2017, 09:23:36 pm
you are correct. however, he did not look like a heisman contender.

He looked closer to that than a true freshman....

PRJ

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 09:24:56 pm

PRJ

just admit you made a statement that wasn't true to bolster your argument and lets move on.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 09:20:03 pm
I agree, but are you saying that TCU kicked our ass?  That they totally dominated us?  I didn't see that at all.  We were always in that game until the very end. 
We had every chance to win that game, but yes we got it handed to us. TCU vomited on themselves too many times.  Remember Bama in 14?  That was a game that we lost close, but it felt like we had earned keeping it close.  TCU did not have that same feel.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 09:24:56 pm

PRJ
how is that?  160 of his 325 came off two plays.  Both we busted plays. Kirk got loose on a QB scramble for 81yd TD and then Mond pulled and went 79 on a QB keeper.  So other 47 minutes plus change plus OT he went for 165.

Keep trying. 

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 10:05:16 pm
how is that?  160 of his 325 came off two plays.  Both we busted plays. Kirk got loose on a QB scramble for 81yd TD and then Mond pulled and went 79 on a QB keeper.  So other 47 minutes plus change plus OT he went for 165.

Keep trying. 

Yep...we whipped him..

PRJ

JaketheSnake

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 10:11:08 pm
Yep...we whipped him..

PRJ
Hard to hold up that moving target? 

Such a troll

ChicoHog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 24, 2017, 02:02:03 pm
Who's idea was the pooch kick?

The pooch kick was supposed to go to the 25-30 yard line.  The kicker did not hit far enough.  Maybe it was a bad decision but it wasn't executed correctly either.

ChicoHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 08:44:26 pm

You can't point to a single thing that has improved on the field in his tenure. Not one. We are in year 5 and we are staring down the barrel of a Smile season...all you can do is holler about agendas and eye rolls and irrational and some of that agenda drivel.

Tell me when we should expect a turn around Okla....year 6? Year 10? Year 18? Honest question.

PRJ

You lost me when you said Nutt is a better coach.  if so how come no one has hired him in the last 5 years?  I guarantee you BB will get another job.  I'm not saying BB has done a good job here but he is definitely better than Nutt and I bet if you took a poll of so called football experts in the media they would agree. 

BILLYBOB

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 08:44:26 pm

PRJ

You are criticizing CBB because he MIGHT have a losing season in his 5th season. And you're saying CHN is a better coach. Yet, in Nutt's 7th and 8th year at Arkansas, he had losing seasons. And in the one head-to-head match up they had, CHN lost to CBB...and CHN had one of the greatest backfields in college football history.

What the hell is wrong with you, son?
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski