Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defense

Started by Qadi999, September 24, 2017, 08:28:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Qadi999

Ok I've watched 3 different DC and 3-4 / 4-3 and I see one glaring thing truth. The problem is not the DC or the scheme, it's the head coach without fail ever defense we have had under this head coach that was bad has been because of philosophy and nothing else. We play prevent defense, and the thing prevent defense dose is prevent you from winning. No strategists in his right mind  that wanted to win a war would sit back and let the enemies dictate the engagement. You have to attack and make the enemies do what you want not the other way around. I don't care how much exp a QB has given enough time they will beat u. I saw a 3 man rush for most of the game and it resulted in 50+ points. Any coach will tell u that u should pressure an inexperienced qb and that did not happen. You can blame the DC or the scheme all you want but I've seen the same mentality thru 3 different DC's and the only thing that was the same was the head. He is scared of getting beat deep and he makes his DC's play bend but don break ball.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Qadi999 on September 24, 2017, 08:28:29 am
Ok I've watched 3 different DC and 3-4 / 4-3 and I see one glaring thing truth. The problem is not the DC or the scheme, it's the head coach without fail ever defense we have had under this head coach that was bad has been because of philosophy and nothing else. We play prevent defense, and the thing prevent defense dose is prevent you from winning. No strategists in his right mind  that wanted to win a war would sit back and let the enemies dictate the engagement. You have to attack and make the enemies do what you want not the other way around. I don't care how much exp a QB has given enough time they will beat u. I saw a 3 man rush for most of the game and it resulted in 50+ points. Any coach will tell u that u should pressure an inexperienced qb and that did not happen. You can blame the DC or the scheme all you want but I've seen the same mentality thru 3 different DC's and the only thing that was the same was the head. He is scared of getting beat deep and he makes his DC's play bend but don break ball.

Have you ever considered running for mayor?
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HardCore

Quote from: Qadi999 on September 24, 2017, 08:28:29 am

3-4 only works when the 3 are good. 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)