Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen looked great...

Started by Andrew Hogfan, September 23, 2017, 05:17:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue

Quote from: dandd TD on September 23, 2017, 08:38:36 pm
Our biggest weakness on offense is Oline. Period. AA can't do much when on his ass or running for his life! This should have been seen early. Either wrong folks recruited or not developed. Both of these on the coaches. Anderson ain't worth a damn as an Oline coach.

O-line is the biggest weakness.

AA's attitude is the next biggest weakness. These younger guys (especially WR) look to AA for strength and support and when he pouts after every play, the whole offense loses confidence.

Dominicanhog

770john111

redleg

I want to see more of Cole Kelley! I honestly believe that he is the next great Arkansas QB. The Allen brothers have been a type of stop-gap remedy for Bielema and the Hogs for the last 5 years. 2018 will be the first time since 2011 that there won't be an Allen on the sidelines for Arkansas (Brandon was a redshirt frosh in 2012). Kelley has the size, the arm strength, and the running ability (albeit he is not a 4.5 guy, but he certainly is not a statue like Mallett was). If the O-Line can somehow improve between now and next year (a new and better O-Line coach might help), I think Kelley can lead Arkansas to bigger and better things that the Allen boys never could.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 24, 2017, 09:53:12 am
I would guess by your comments you have never played quarterback in organized football. Try counting off 3 seconds while trying to find an open receiver and at the same time see all the defenders coming at you, then on top of that find the open field to run while the first two options are bad. This is what fans expect their quarterback to do in 3 seconds.

AA made a choice on his last pass that turned out bad. But keep in mind he realized there were only two downs left to win the game.

A lot of fans have criticized AA's demeanor but I appreciate his desire to win and the fire in his belly. Just wish some of the coaches showed that same desire and would express it to the players during the game.

Agreed...good post!!! +1

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on September 24, 2017, 09:08:29 am
It looks to me like he's been told not to run.  He's so hesitant to do it. 

However, in my opinion, we can't really make too many judgements on how good he is until he gets a chance to play with an OL that can keep defenders off of him.  He made some great passes last night.  The INT at the end wasn't a good pass or a good idea, but I don't think you can base his abilities off one pass.  About 2-3 years ago, I remember people clambering to "Put in Austin. He's better than Brandon.  He's more aggressive."  In usual fashion, Razorback fans want the backup to start until the backup is actually starting.

Nail - Head...What's funnier is when Ryan Mallett was having a rough game the screams of put Tyler Wilson in rang out loud...Same with BA / AA now AA / CK and next season they will clamoring over one of the incoming highly ranked freshman.  CK and TS don't stand a chance with HV... ;)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 25, 2017, 07:43:08 am
we scored 43 points and loss. dont think the offense was the problem
This. 43 points in regulation to be exact.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"