Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need A Way Out

Started by damgoodestuffyhog, September 23, 2017, 03:01:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

damgoodestuffyhog

Obviously, this relationship isn't going to work. I also don't think hogville is going to pool $15 million dollars for the buyout. We need an innovative solution to end this that is mutually beneficial.

lamont7906

What are the conditions of his buyout is it at one time or can be spread out?

damgoodestuffyhog

Is the contract public domain?

JOKERHOG

Negotiate a fair amount and move on.  If he balks for threatens to sue, show him video of the last two games of last year and the last two games of this year.  His attorney will suggest he settle
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

MountieDawg

Quote from: damgoodestuffyhog on September 23, 2017, 03:01:48 pm
Obviously, this relationship isn't going to work. I also don't think hogville is going to pool $15 million dollars for the buyout. We need an innovative solution to end this that is mutually beneficial.

Spend 30k on a Harley
SEC!

damgoodestuffyhog

What would be a fair buyout offer? I think we are owed an explanation at this point that the obligations of the terms of the contract in exchange for the millions of dollars are being met.

damgoodestuffyhog

Are excessive turnover of assistant coaches, a losing record, and fighting in the locker room contractually defensible and acceptable? I would like to see these questions asked/answered by professionals because at least it has a chance of leading to a resolution.

damgoodestuffyhog

Is starting a true freshman on the offensive line reflective of an inability to do basic program planning and management?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: damgoodestuffyhog on September 23, 2017, 03:14:18 pm
Is starting a true freshman on the offensive line reflective of an inability to do basic program planning and management?

It's definitely a black mark on OL recruiting in general.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

damgoodestuffyhog

Does reliance on juco transfers reflect poor planning and a lack of recruiting ability?

damgoodestuffyhog

Is starring in a reality tv series an intelligent use of your time/resources?

damgoodestuffyhog

Is it acceptable to openly criticize a specific  player from the podium?

We need to start thinking logically and working towards the outcome that we want.

damgoodestuffyhog

We don't need $15 million dollars, we need people with the motivation and the skill set to negotiate an exit. This has to be the issue if we want a change in coaching.

damgoodestuffyhog

Is describing a win as "erotic" professional and producing a favorable public perception for our program?

I don't think y'all understand how contracts work.  Anything other than
Moral terpitude he gets the buyout. and try hiring a new coach if you breach the contract with the old one and refuse to pay.

LRHawg

We should be able to garnish Long's wages to pay the buyout.  ;D

damgoodestuffyhog

my3boneheads

Go the Nebraska route and fire the AD responsible for this mess. 

HardCore

Quote from: LRHawg on September 23, 2017, 03:56:58 pm
We should be able to garnish Long's wages to pay the buyout.  ;D

I am for this.  No AD is better than Long as AD.  Ask Pitt Fans
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

damgoodestuffyhog

It appears to me that we owe the buyout if we terminate for "convenience"

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Our only hope is a health related issue that ends his career.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HardCore

Well, that's 15,000 of us dishing out $1000.  Or, if we end up waiting until January (which was stupid on Long's part....again.  January?), then 11,000 of us could dish out $1000.  I will put up my $1000, now we are down to 10,999 to go.  Jeff really put our Alma Matter in a crap position with that contract.  He needs to be fired for that alone.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: damgoodestuffyhog on September 23, 2017, 03:48:14 pm
Is describing a win as "erotic" professional and producing a favorable public perception for our program?
I don't blame you for getting drunk after this debacle, but maybe sober up a bit before going on a nonsensical rant?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

alohawg

Even if the ptb want him out now, with the season already toast, they can do it for half the cost after Jan 1.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

damgoodestuffyhog

Haha, I am not drunk. Agreed on the ranting part. Honestly, I feel that the next few months are probably gonna be rough for all of us, and I am hoping to get some inertia working towards a solution rather than chanting fire the coach. I guarantee you there are people from the UAF that are reading these posts. Otherwise all of the emotional energy that we are expending complaining likely won't produce much change. May not be to your style, but at least I am trying to find an answer.

(notOM)Rebel123

Paragraph 2, Section a) "Coach shall be responsible for evaluating, recruiting, training, conditioning, instructing, supervising, disciplining, and coaching student-athletes to prepare them to compete successfully in the SEC and against major college competition on a national level."

Well, he obviously hasn't met this condition.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

alohawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 23, 2017, 04:17:38 pm
Paragraph 2, Section a) "Coach shall be responsible for evaluating, recruiting, training, conditioning, instructing, supervising, disciplining, and coaching student-athletes to prepare them to compete successfully in the SEC and against major college competition on a national level."

Well, he obviously hasn't met this condition.

Terms must be defined.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

gangstaback

We need an innovative solution to end this that is mutually beneficial.

1. There's a reported 21,000 Hogvillians here.
2. Assuming they are mostly fatties is pretty safe.
3. Quit going to Sonic for happy hour for 1 year, that's at least $1 per user per calendar day because , let's face it , you'll still go on christmas or go twice on 4th of july.
4. Next August, that will be $350 per each of the x 21,000 strong = $7 Million.
5. Quit going to Sonic and lose some weight, so mutually beneficial.

Ya happy? Was that really so hard?

TNRazorbacker

Hoping he sees the writing and makes the move himself after this season. There has been some talk about Nebraska.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: alohawg on September 23, 2017, 04:18:54 pm
Terms must be defined.

10-23 in the SEC defines it pretty well.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogeration

Maybe Nebraska will come after him.

East Clintwood

Quote from: damgoodestuffyhog on September 23, 2017, 04:09:20 pm
It appears to me that we owe the buyout if we terminate for "convenience"

What happens if we terminate for "our sanity"?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

damgoodestuffyhog

Quote from: gangstaback on September 23, 2017, 04:21:51 pm
1. There's a reported 21,000 Hogvillians here.
2. Assuming they are mostly fatties is pretty safe.
3. Quit going to Sonic for happy hour for 1 year, that's at least $1 per user per calendar day because , let's face it , you'll still go on christmas or go twice on 4th of july.
4. Next August, that will be $350 per each of the x 21,000 strong = $7 Million.
5. Quit going to Sonic and lose some weight, so mutually beneficial.

Ya happy? Was that really so hard?

I can definitely appreciate the irony of involving Sonic in this debacle haha. Maybe they can sponsor our fan base?

alohawg

September 23, 2017, 04:31:45 pm #33 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:44:53 pm by alohawg
Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 23, 2017, 04:23:37 pm
10-23 in the SEC defines it pretty well.

Works for me, but does compete successfully mean win or just compete? I think the later, gray area that's subjective.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

DoubleReedHawgCaller

He's a drinker. It's not that hard.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

bondhue

Quote from: lamont7906 on September 23, 2017, 03:04:55 pm
What are the conditions of his buyout is it at one time or can be spread out?
Let's pay $1.00 per year for the next 15 million years.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Johnny Razorback

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on September 23, 2017, 04:32:22 pm
He's a drinker. It's not that hard.

This.

My Company's former CFO is a big Wisconsin booster, and he was so happy when they got rid of BB.  He said his reputation in Wisky was a drunk and a womanizer.  I haven't seen that so much here, but if there is truth to it, then it could definitely be used against him......
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

damgoodestuffyhog

Quote from: bondhue on September 23, 2017, 04:37:23 pm

Maybe we can mine for bitcoins?

ZERO

Quote from: bondhue on September 23, 2017, 04:37:23 pm

That's dumb. We're looking at a 15 million year rebuild job. You want to fire him the very season he's supposed to break out and win the division? Short sighted fans like you are why we can't get anywhere.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ricepig

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 23, 2017, 03:06:27 pm
Negotiate a fair amount and move on.  If he balks for threatens to sue, show him video of the last two games of last year and the last two games of this year.  His attorney will suggest he settle

Lol, his attorney and agent got the buyout, they aren't rolling over for us if/when he is dismissed.

HammusArkansus

Fire Long!  Give Alvarez an 'offer he can't refuse'.

farmhawg

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 23, 2017, 04:00:01 pm
Go the Nebraska route and fire the AD responsible for this mess. 
Long's boss needs to be up if long is still here.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: damgoodestuffyhog on September 23, 2017, 04:17:12 pm
Haha, I am not drunk. Agreed on the ranting part. Honestly, I feel that the next few months are probably gonna be rough for all of us, and I am hoping to get some inertia working towards a solution rather than chanting fire the coach. I guarantee you there are people from the UAF that are reading these posts. Otherwise all of the emotional energy that we are expending complaining likely won't produce much change. May not be to your style, but at least I am trying to find an answer.
Fair enough. Didn't realize this was supposed to be a constructive post. ;) And just to be clear, I am now officially off the CBB bandwagon after 4 years of defending him and pumping sunshine.
   -Harry Solomon

The_Iceman

Bielema may love that $15 million, but he doesn't want being fired on his resume. He'd be better off trying to find another job that's a better fit for him....maybe Nebraska.

damgoodestuffyhog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 23, 2017, 04:58:18 pm
Fair enough. Didn't realize this was supposed to be a constructive post. ;) And just to be clear, I am now officially off the CBB bandwagon after 4 years of defending him and pumping sunshine.

Thanks. I really appreciate it. For the record I too appreciate Bielema and would love the wins and losses to match up with how much effort he puts in. On a good day, you could convince me to wait things out because of his positive traits and apparent morality. However, that really isn't how coaching cycles go in the modern day and I can see the frustration that these embarrassing losses are causing friends/family that are hog fans. It's a shame when we as fans say I'm not watching any more games yet still watch the games, hoping for a different outcome. At some point winning matters.

HogMantheIntruder

-Harry Solomon