Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL TEXAS A&M GAME THREAD: POST ALL COMMENTS HERE

Started by gdumont, September 23, 2017, 09:53:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdavis

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on September 23, 2017, 03:10:51 pm
Many of the A$M players were freshman. What's your point?

Well to listen to this board we shouldn't be playing our freshman. I think its a calculated plan by our coach so he can have an excuse cause he can't get it done with experienced players and knows it.

Porkette

Our players fought hard today. I feel bad for them.
But it is getting really, really hard to root for this program in its current state.
GO HOGS GO!

hoglady

Quote from: HamIAm on September 23, 2017, 03:10:20 pm
Saban has the depth to plug another body in when he gets one hurt on special teams.

Players get hurt on any play at anytime.
I mean look at Cornelius today - it doesn't get much more freakish than that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 23, 2017, 03:14:05 pm
whats your point? If the A$M players were freshmen, then that makes it even worse.  BB had 2 weeks to get ready for a heavily freshmen laden team and he and his coaching staff could not get the job done. 

Even with A$M having a lot of freshmen, they had enough talent to beat us.  The point is that apparently BB and his coaching staff cannot even beat a freshman laden team with 2 weeks to prepare.
I have no point. Apparently lost in translation.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

3kgthog

Quote from: johnny cash on September 23, 2017, 02:57:37 pm
Bret looked really sad at end. I feel sorry for him. Never liked him as coach. Seems like a real good guy, but dang that tough loss.

I don't feel sorry for anyone that chooses to coach and makes what he does.

Breems

Sumlin always finds a way to beat Bielema. I'm honestly surprised it was that close.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

latrops

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 03:08:20 pm
If you watch Alabama - many of their starters play specials teams.
When Saban was asked why - he said he views specials teams as important as offense or defense.

Saban has the luxury of having a bunch of 4 and 5 star backups.  Easier to risk injury to starters when you don't have much dropoff to the backups.

goodguytex

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 23, 2017, 03:10:25 pm
Just saying.

The way this season is going it won't take much to lose the team and they just give up
I'm not sure this team has it within them to really fight hard for a win. They have the ability to play the game and compete, but the ability to win a big game? Not this team from what I can tell. And it's very disappointing to me this seems to be the case. I see us winning our non conference games and Mizzou. Maybe, maybe South Carolina, maybe maybe ole Miss, if we are lucky. With some luck, we might win six. But it'll take quite a bit of it at this point.

And here's the deal... They will go into next  week, go on and on about how they're going to make changes, play focused, come out on fire for their next game.

Then they will, and they'll kill New Mexico State, try to convince themselves everything's right in the world, then we go back to conference play and here we go again. It's just going to be a long year. I'm sorry. I wish things were different. But I'm still a hog fan all the way.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 03:05:44 pm
Props to the players / they left it on the field today.

Yep. Not sure what game a lot of these guys were watching.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 23, 2017, 03:14:05 pm
whats your point? If the A$M players were freshmen, then that makes it even worse.  BB had 2 weeks to get ready for a heavily freshmen laden team and he and his coaching staff could not get the job done. 

Even with A$M having a lot of freshmen, they had enough talent to beat us.  The point is that apparently BB and his coaching staff cannot even beat a freshman laden team with 2 weeks to prepare.
I am frustrated just as many Hog fans. It will be a long week.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: rickfahr on September 23, 2017, 03:06:05 pm
The coaches stink, I'll give you that, but Allen has regressed, and I'm way, way, way past tired of his fits on the field. Don't act an ass toward the sideline, big boy. Go tell that lineman what you are saying under your breath. Or, shut the hell up and lead.

will Fayetteville High take him back?

johnny cash

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 23, 2017, 03:17:23 pm
I don't feel sorry for anyone that chooses to coach and makes what he does.
good for u. I can't believe I said it either.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Breems on September 23, 2017, 03:17:38 pm
Sumlin always finds a way to beat Bielema. I'm honestly surprised it was that close.

To be fair, more coaches than not find a way to beat Bielema

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Triple T on September 23, 2017, 03:10:06 pm
At a minimum, we have to fire Kurt Anderson after this game, there is NO logical reason as to why he is still employed by the University. He never had the credentials for the job in the first place.

Unfortunately this.
This is my non-signature signature.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on September 23, 2017, 03:22:00 pm
Hey I am right there with you. Not meaning to be a smart A.  It just hurts to watch.  So much to criticize. Hard to list it all.  And then our coach says that if we played that way all the time we would win a lot of games----dude, your team just gave up 50 freakin pts to a freshman QB.   Your special teams gave up a 100 yd kick off return at a critical time in the game.  Your next pooch kick, cause you are petrified of CKirk, gave them the ball at mid field so they could tie the game up easily.

If they play this way against an SEC team that is not struggling and heavily freshmen oriented, they will LOSE a lot of games not win a lot.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on September 23, 2017, 03:22:00 pm
This coming from a Hog fan who plans his life around Razorback Football, Basketball, Baseball games. Hell, I'll throw in a Hog Volleyball game or Gymnastics, Track Meet competition for good measure if it's on TV.

THUNDER!

FineAsSwine

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 23, 2017, 03:27:39 pm
Hey I am right there with you. Not meaning to be a smart A.  It just hurts to watch.  So much to criticize. Hard to list it all.  And then our coach says that if we played that way all the time we would win a lot of games----dude, your team just gave up 50 freakin pts to a freshman QB.   Your special teams gave up a 100 yd kick off return at a critical time in the game.  Your next pooch kick, cause you are petrified of CKirk, gave them the ball at mid field so they could tie the game up easily.

If they play this way against an SEC team that is not struggling and heavily freshmen oriented, they will LOSE a lot of games not win a lot.
I agree, didn't mean to call anyone out and I apologize for that.

THUNDER!

my3boneheads

I've gotten deleted for this comment the last couple of weeks but I'll say it again. The Allen boys are not SEC quarterbacks. They may make fine coaches but their decision making when the game is on the line is terrible. He had a guy wide open for a first down instead of throwing the triple cover pick. I know his O-line is bad but when you mouth the entire game and then lose the game it looks bad. This could lead to a team being divided which will cause a losing season.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on September 23, 2017, 03:29:57 pm
I agree, didn't mean to call anyone out and I apologize for that.
no need.  Im right there with you.

my3boneheads

I will say Allen probably threw his beat pass on that TD. That was pretty.

MemphisBossHog

is BB's presser posted anywhere online yet?  I would love to see what he said.

sigpooie

That hurt, and so will the rest of this year, the coaches just can't seem to find a way to fit the players with the right play at the right time. We really have some players but not a team. He's had a year to make up for last year and I think we are going backwards. Sorry to see some of the better coaches go, but its time.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

DLUXHOG

well, nevertheless, I'm going with the Hogs going 10-2 this year...............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Captain Hogthrob

That was a closely contested hard fought game between good teams. I  wish they wouldn't have kicked off short and conceded the field position on the last drive. I understand the thinking but that was tough to watch. Otherwise it was a really good game.

GO HOGS!
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson