Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

quarterback

Started by jackflash, September 21, 2017, 01:27:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

maybe its time for Arkansas to recruit a running QB

Bubba's Bruisers

Can you be more specific, because there seemingly are many definitions? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

clutch

They are already recruiting a duel threat QB. Gerry Bohanon from Earle. He's more of a passer, but definitely has the ability to run as well.

PorkRinds

Quote from: clutch on September 21, 2017, 02:16:10 pm
They are already recruiting a duel threat QB. Gerry Bohanon from Earle. He's more of a passer, but definitely has the ability to run as well.

As a DB.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: jackflash on September 21, 2017, 01:27:23 pm

Connor Noland has very good speed.

greenie

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 21, 2017, 06:42:47 pm
Connor Noland has very good speed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Richard, but isn't Daulton Hyatt is pretty mobile as well? 

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Iceman

Quote from: greenie on September 21, 2017, 09:37:50 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, Richard, but isn't Daulton Hyatt is pretty mobile as well?

Hyatt and Noland have the perfect amount of speed to compliment their pro-style arm.

Physically, both are superior to Austin Allen. If they can develop the way he did, they have higher ceilings for sure.

You don't need some speedster in our pro-style attack. But on 3rd and Long with 4 WRs, the ability to step into the pocket and take off and slide for the 1st down is a vital weapon to have.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Bohannon is being recruited as a QB by Arkansas. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do to him what LSU did to Devin White. Promised him that he would play runningback, but moved him to LB as soon as the ink dried on his LOI.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HogHomer

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 22, 2017, 09:41:36 am
Bohannon is being recruited as a QB by Arkansas. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do to him what LSU did to Devin White. Promised him that he would play runningback, but moved him to LB as soon as the ink dried on his LOI.
Bielema has always been up front with the recruits I don't see that changing but keep flinging crap at the wall I'm sure some of it will stick.

ChicoHog

With today's emphasis on offense and the advantages of a QB who can pose the run/pass threat I think you need a guy who can do both so the defense can't key on the RB every running play.  Unless you have a really good pro style QB ala Josh Rosen I'll take the guy who can do both every time.  Kelly Bryant of Clemson is a good example.  First year playing as a starter and he as been very impressive both running and throwing.  It's not about who will be the best NFL guy.  It's about who is the best college guy and in college the run threat is extremely important. 

sickboy

Quote from: jackflash on September 21, 2017, 01:27:23 pm

Yeah, that's our problem. We don't have a dual threat QB. That'll solve it.

Hollywood870

Quote from: sickboy on September 22, 2017, 10:33:52 pm
Yeah, that's our problem. We don't have a dual threat QB. That'll solve it.
Could have used one today. Would you agree. How many times could Allen not escape pressure? 15?

MrKlem10

Quote from: Hollywood870 on September 24, 2017, 01:19:01 am
Could have used one today. Would you agree. How many times could Allen not escape pressure? 15?

Or you could just fix the line and keep him on his feet.

Allen isn't the problem.   Getting a running QB is not the answer either. 

It is a nice wrinkle to have, but a running qb ain't coming to play in this system.   They want spread or power spread run systems.