Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by PLHawg, September 17, 2017, 12:29:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PLHawg

Anyone that thought Ole Miss was going to be a pushover this year are sadly mistaken.  Shea Patterson is the real deal.  Granted they're playing Cal, but they've got speed on both sides of the ball, something we're sorely lacking.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: PLHawg on September 17, 2017, 12:29:29 am
Anyone that thought Ole Miss was going to be a pushover this year are sadly mistaken.  Shea Patterson is the real deal.  Granted they're playing Cal, but they've got speed on both sides of the ball, something we're sorely lacking.
Obviously they are waaaaaay faster than our guys, but don't worry, Coach B will devise a clever gameplan to make all that swiftness of foot help to squash their rebellion.

Quickdraw

They are a lot faster than our guys. Looks like we will be playing catch up.

Calling All Hogs

I don't think anyone on our schedule is a pushover for our current team.

alohawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 17, 2017, 12:43:24 am

Me thinks we're the pushover on all of their schedules at this point.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Porkchop#1

I'm just thankful Florida A&M was all tuckered out from that long bus ride to WMS.

Too bad the game wasn't in NWA to cause even more fatigue to be inflicted on those pesky Rattlers!

Porkchop#1

Cal Bears put OleMiz Rebellious Black Bears in to early hibernation, before the Freeze up occurs in Oxford.

PLHawg

Probably made that post a bit early, Ole Miss looked pretty dismal down the stretch.  That being said they'll probably give us all we can handle.

sickboy

Jeeze, how early into the game did this post get thrown out, because they only put up 16 points. I only watched the 4th quarter, but they looked pretty weak.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: alohawg on September 17, 2017, 12:45:06 am
Me thinks we're the pushover on all of their schedules at this point.
and there you have it.  This sums it up perfectly.   Hogs are the team that the opposing team looks at now as maybe a bit of a "breather" before their next BIG game, and why not? That is what we have shown by giving up 70 pts in 2nd half of the last 3 games against P5 competition.   Teams know that they can throttle us in the 2nd half.  Our defense will play its heart out but finally will run out of gas and points will come in bunches in the 2nd half because of AAllen & Co cant stay on the field and give the D rest. Good post.

GuvHog

Quote from: sickboy on September 17, 2017, 02:27:06 am
Jeeze, how early into the game did this post get thrown out, because they only put up 16 points. I only watched the 4th quarter, but they looked pretty weak.

No doubt. Ole Miss scored 16 points in the first half and had the lead at the half but couldn't score a single point in the second half. They aren't very good.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TrueBlue

Hoping Ole Miss has a "John L" type of year....

I remember all of the jokes and grief Rebel fans gave us after Petrino was fired and John-L took over.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 17, 2017, 12:43:24 am

WE are the pushover.......sad
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

TrueBlue

RazorbackAlways

Well, then chalk it up as another loss for Arkansas.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 17, 2017, 07:42:19 am
Our next opponent doesn't think so.  Texags thread on this game shows they generally think the teams are similar, equal suckage, and median would be fAgies -1.5

farmhawg

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 17, 2017, 07:32:10 am
and there you have it.  This sums it up perfectly.   Hogs are the team that the opposing team looks at now as maybe a bit of a "breather" before their next BIG game, and why not? That is what we have shown by giving up 70 pts in 2nd half of the last 3 games against P5 competition.   Teams know that they can throttle us in the 2nd half.  Our defense will play its heart out but finally will run out of gas and points will come in bunches in the 2nd half because of AAllen & Co cant stay on the field and give the D rest. Good post.
That is Brett's great strategy, lulls them into thinking we are a pushover. Then we crush them by pounding the ball up the middle. Best strategy since the stache!! Fear the stache!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 17, 2017, 07:42:19 am

Hey...maybe we should get paid to play 'em?  Half a mill sound about right?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogcard1964

They're awful, but I still think they finish ahead of Texas A & M.  A & M will finish in last.

fullfan

If you come to Hogville you can read 8 threads bashing the team, coach and AD for every 1 you find with anything positive.  Only 2 games in and 1-1???   Plenty of season left.

gawntrail

Quote from: fullfan on September 17, 2017, 08:42:22 am
If you come to Hogville you can read 8 threads bashing the team, coach and AD for every 1 you find with anything positive.  Only 2 games in and 1-1???   Plenty of season left.

A football season is like a steak.  The outcome is determined by the quality of the cut.