Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch: Bret Bielema bye week press conference

Started by Jason Carroll, September 13, 2017, 02:30:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema's bye week press conference. The head Hog recaps the TCU loss and what needs to be corrected among other topics.

Lanny

Nice coachspeak, I think A&M is in worse state than Arkansas and expect a Razorback victory
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

dhizzle

I'm just about tired of hearing " I don't see anything on the film that isn't fixable." I also thought it was cute that he said he gets it we are in a microwave world got to have it now, referring to the young players. Bro, you're in your fifth year, I guess I'll wait a couple more years to see a good team.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I like that he was wearing black to show he is in mourning...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LRHawg

I'd almost feel bad for him having to search for the right thing to say, except there's not, and he's paid an obscene amount of money.

phadedhawg

I ain't gonna watch that....

Nope...I ain't done nothing wrong...or wrong enough to deserve that.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Lanny on September 13, 2017, 02:38:31 pm
Nice coachspeak, I think A&M is in worse state than Arkansas and expect a Razorback victory

We lose to TAMU again and the House needs to be cleaned out.l
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

kodiakisland

In a worse state, yes, but may still be the better team.  I'm pulling for the hogs, but if past performance is any indicator of the future...
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Redhogs

Quote from: dhizzle on September 13, 2017, 02:46:30 pm
I'm just about tired of hearing " I don't see anything on the film that isn't fixable." I also thought it was cute that he said he gets it we are in a microwave world got to have it now, referring to the young players. Bro, you're in your fifth year, I guess I'll wait a couple more years to see a good team.
Has said it after every loss for the last five years..and yet here we are.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Letsroll1200

You moved the best guard last season to Tackle and wonder why the line in inconsistent. This coaching staff is inconsistent.

longpig

It's his fifth season not his fifth week, he should blame himself for the criticisms the team is getting from fans, not the fans that have run out of patience.  He also isn't owning up to the reality of what he said and meant with the Cole 'Clank' Hedlund comments just like he didn't own up to flopping in the Alabama game.  Man needs to grow the F up somewhere far far away from Arkansas. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

codeHog

Body language experts....what could you tell today? 
Could you tell he is feeling any pressure?

Just as I watched the LSU-Auburn game last year to see which coach would be fired..........I expect SEC fans will watch to see which fans base will be wearing black to church on the following Sunday

Pecos Hog

Yeah, a lot of coachspeak there....    BB:  "....wasn't all negatives, there were a lot of positives..."   

But, watching your mistakes with your team mates and coaches - twice - is usually pretty effective in getting problems corrected.    We'll have to see if it makes a difference on the field against the Aggies.   

Something just tells me ....we in a heap of trouble.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoghearted

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 13, 2017, 03:02:42 pm
I ain't gonna watch that....

Nope...I ain't done nothing wrong...or wrong enough to deserve that.

lol, made me laugh
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Boarcephus

I don't think the game will be close.   Aggies win it going away  and I base it solely on they have better talent.    There was a time a few years ago when we would out coach teams but those days are gone.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Al Boarland

The guy uses "demeanor" more than anyone I know.

Isn't it interesting when your team struggles the coach can't say anything right?

Letsroll1200

PorkRinds

So when a coach speaks, it's coach speak by default right?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 08:11:59 pm
So when a coach speaks, it's coach speak by default right?

"The good news is that there was noting on the video that's not correctable."

Garbage.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogs49ers

You know I am just as upset as anyone here, and based on our performance last week I leaned over to the side that would like to see a lot of house cleaning after the season.  However, can some of y'all just give it up till the season is over and get behind our Hogs and support them??  Is that that hard?  I mean come on, we all want the same thing, to win...but it just does not do any good to beat a dead horse and just chit all over our program all year.
SCREW Vandy!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 13, 2017, 08:49:22 pm
"The good news is that there was noting on the video that's not correctable."

Garbage.

He does like that line.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 09:50:12 pm
No, but when this pathetic POS broken record speaks, it probably is.

Why is it so personal for you?

leggohogs

Exactly, he actually had the nerve to say that the fans aren't patient!!!! We have been 5 years patient!!!! I know if I wasn't performing at my job I would be fired , he has had plenty of time to make his stamp here at Arkansas .

leggohogs

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 13, 2017, 09:32:56 pm
You know I am just as upset as anyone here, and based on our performance last week I leaned over to the side that would like to see a lot of house cleaning after the season.  However, can some of y'all just give it up till the season is over and get behind our Hogs and support them??  Is that that hard?  I mean come on, we all want the same thing, to win...but it just does not do any good to beat a dead horse and just chit all over our program all year.
This is a razorback message board what exactly do you expect hog fans to do??? Turn our heads while the program burns to the ground, that would be like your house being on fire and saying " I know our house is burning but Please don't look at it or call 911, instead let's pretend it's not on fire"

PorkRinds

Quote from: leggohogs on September 14, 2017, 10:53:50 am
This is a razorback message board what exactly do you expect hog fans to do??? Turn our heads while the program burns to the ground, that would be like your house being on fire and saying " I know our house is burning but Please don't look at it or call 911, instead let's pretend it's not on fire"

Terrible analogy. Our program isn't burning to the ground. Ole Miss is burning to the ground. Stop being a drama queen. We need to win more. Far cry from burning to the ground.

Hog-Corleone

Why does he crawfish on his critical words about the kicker, and then immediately follow that up with telling the fans that they should just cheer and not be negative?  Seems a tad hypocritical...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on September 14, 2017, 02:13:10 pm
Why does he crawfish on his critical words about the kicker, and then immediately follow that up with telling the fans that they should just cheer and not be negative?  Seems a tad hypocritical...

He been Hypocritical since the last 2 games last year!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tuskaloosa

Bret Bielema has never taken personal responsibility for a loss. He said the coaches need to get better. I have never heard him say, "I should have taken the bull by the horns and gone for it". He always says us, we, our, but never "me". The best coaches are not prideful. Really, people in general that swallow their pride, are better for it. I just once want to hear Bret say,"I messed up; That one was on me". 12 Million dollars makes a person act, think, talk, react, differently. I think BB has changed since he's been at the UoA. I hope he can swallow his pride, just for once.

fieldturf

Says they as Coach's they know what to do now that they've watched the film twice to get ready for A&M.  Bet the Aggies do a mud hole stomp and walk it dry.

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

When he stated the team does not need Superman to show up and that they only need to do what they do in practice - that they don't need to perform at any higher a level than that -

that just screams of low expectations and setting the bar pretty low - it's clearly been our problem with him for some time - raging against the kicker is too easy, dude needs to pull a Saban and rage on them all - coaches included

PorkRinds

Quote from: BRUTUS POUNDCAKE on September 14, 2017, 07:20:28 pm
When he stated the team does not need Superman to show up and that they only need to do what they do in practice - that they don't need to perform at any higher a level than that -

that just screams of low expectations and setting the bar pretty low - it's clearly been our problem with him for some time - raging against the kicker is too easy, dude needs to pull a Saban and rage on them all - coaches included

No it doesn't.  It means he sees the problem as lack of execution. And if guys will go execute the problems will be worked out.

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2017, 07:21:53 pm
No it doesn't.  It means he sees the problem as lack of execution. And if guys will go execute the problems will be worked out.

He is overly passive and therefore very likeable - he is also the head coach and should be overriding some of the things he says he questions and scratches his head about - again, if you want to see something happen then make it happen, he doesn't need permission

blu

Quote from: tuskaloosa on September 14, 2017, 04:35:47 pm
Bret Bielema has never taken personal responsibility for a loss. He said the coaches need to get better. I have never heard him say, "I should have taken the bull by the horns and gone for it". He always says us, we, our, but never "me". The best coaches are not prideful. Really, people in general that swallow their pride, are better for it. I just once want to hear Bret say,"I messed up; That one was on me". 12 Million dollars makes a person act, think, talk, react, differently. I think BB has changed since he's been at the UoA. I hope he can swallow his pride, just for once.

This is not true at all, he has said on multiple occasions "it's on me, I'm the head coach". Sorry, couldn't let that one go. It was a refreshing change from the MOTHO.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16