Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things we will hear from Bret today...

Started by rhames, September 13, 2017, 07:26:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

I want to thank all the hogville brethren posters that show blind allegiance to me and that are willing to have my love child and keep my colon clean from licking it so much.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogcard1964

I do think (or hope anyway) that he formally apologizes to Hedlund and his family.  That would go over well.

Großer Kriegschwein

Done a lot of evaluation since Saturday. Went through film Sunday with coordinators, which is a change-up. Normally they just watch a few plays with coordinators and the rest with position coaches. Watched film again Tuesday with position coaches. "A double-dip effect to show how important this game was." ... "It wasn't all negative. There were a lot of positives."

— Talk about a 12 percent rule they try to hold themselves under offensively, includes turnovers and penalties. Were under 3 percent the other day. Were at 17 percent Saturday.

— Got a lot of messages from kids and coaches about what they're going to do better. Had a meeting yesterday and told them he didn't need Superman to show up, he just needs them to play like how they do during the week.

— Have to put players in position to do best. "It's not like we need to go out and have a free agency market." Players just need to play better."

— Healthier now than before the TCU game.

— Haven't been able to practice full speed the way they want now.

— Will have 2 days of Texas A&M prep this week.

— Jared Cornelius hasn't been able to practice in spring and fall camp. He's now cleared for practice today and is intent on doing that. Did some uncharacteristic things Saturday. He, Jordan Jones, Jonathan Nance and Deon Stewart are working with the ones. T.J. Hammonds, De'Vion Warren, Jarrod Barnes, La'Michael Pettway and maybe Tobias Enlow with the twos. Want to settle more with the ones with TEs too. Jeremy Patton, Austin Cantrell and C.J. O'Grady will work with the one offense.

— In today's age more than ever, an offense with tempo can get hot and erase leads. Our lack of production offensively is something you have to be aware of. "If there's something that needs attention, we need to respond to it."

— Second-half offensive struggles are different than last year, because they played well in the first half of both Missouri and Virginia Tech games. Lot of moving parts with WRs and TEs. "The ability to make a play when it matters is big." Missed a few big plays offensively and defensively, too, with some third downs.

— Losing Rawleigh Williams hurt. Doing a good job coaching. Don't like the fact Chase Hayden only got 2 carries. That takes some assessment as well.

— Want the offensive line to keep getting better. The more they can bring along both tackle spots with consistency will be good. Ty Clary will have some bumps, but has done good.

— Felt better about 12 and 11 personnel going in, but 21, feel good about both fullbacks. That's a package you definitely have to look at.

— Want the TEs to get more reps to adjust to the speed of the game. Need to be big in big moments. Got after Austin Cantrell for a holding call and he ran out of bounds for what would've been a TD.

— Nothing on the film they couldn't correct.
This is my non-signature signature.

Razor1997

We need to focus on the fundamentals, and just take it one game at a time.

codeHog

This sounds silly but IF Bielema looked as sharp on the sidelines as he talks at a press conference ....he would be a much more popular coach. Now if he looked as dumb in a presser as he does standing on the sidelines .....he would never have been hired here

Großer Kriegschwein

The collective "Yeah, yeah," can be heard throughout the state.
This is my non-signature signature.

AirWarren

Why the F is TJ hammonds not with with ones. Somewhere!!!

It drives me insane.

PorkRinds

Quote from: AP85 on September 13, 2017, 12:48:10 pm
Why the F is TJ hammonds not with with ones. Somewhere!!!

It drives me insane.

What makes you think he should be?

AirWarren

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 12:49:01 pm
What makes you think he should be?

Every time he has touched the ball, we have moved the ball. Several occasions, plays were called back because of stupid penalties. A couple of big plays too.

codeHog

he says the players needed to strain a little more and many plays would have been much better.

Seems he has been teaching STRAIN since the bowl game...all spring, summer and fall.

Coach maybe it is you that is not doing the job to get it out of the kids

rhames

Best a&m and find a way to win in SC things will settle down.

Those were always the swing games this season.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

codeHog

sounds like they are not happy that the RB coach did not send in our freshman RB for more plays

GoHogs1091

"I really think this loss to TCU is going to help us against Alabama.  I feel Alabama's Defensive Line is not as good as TCU's Defensive Line, so we should be able to do the Wisconsin style run mauling against Alabama's Defensive Line since we just faced a better TCU Defensive Line."

"Speaking of Alabama, I really felt right after we left the field last season after playing Alabama that we are real close to beating them.  After all, Austin threw for over 300 yards against them last season and because of that we are real close to beating them.  I said when I was hired here that we would beat Alabama.  It should be considered that Saban's record in the Big 10 can't compare to my record in the Big 10.  That alone should enable us to beat Alabama."

"I am considering moving Froholdt back to the Defensive Line.  I just feel that we need to have more beef and more physicality over on the left side of the OL.  We are considering moving Bijhon Jackson to Left Guard."

"We did some things in practice that we thought would really work against TCU.  When we tried those things in the game and they didn't work against TCU, I made a coaching decision there on the sideline for us to simplify things and to get back to the basics.  That decision I made on the sideline worked for the most part until we missed the 2 field goals.  We had TCU right where we wanted them until those 2 missed field goals, even though final score wise the 2 missed field goals did not really matter.  Now looking back on the 2 missed field goals we probably should have went for it on 4th Down both times instead of making the field goal attempts.  Even though we did not do good overall during the game on 3rd Down conversions, we probably would have done better on 4th Down.  We usually don't have trouble when going for it on 4th Down.  I can't think of anytime last season we had any trouble on 4th Down in the redzone.  Opposing teams do know that we do go for it on 4th Down in the redzone.  Texas A&M saw last season that we will go for it on 4th Down in the redzone, and TCU maybe should feel fortunate that we did not go for it on 4th Down those 2 times we were down there close to the goal line."

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

He was asked about Chase Hayden only having two carries at the press conference today, and stated that he was not happy about it, and that it "was addressed"...

...no need to make wholesale changes
...they scored two late touchdowns, we're not that far off
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...