Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What secrets did we keep from TCU by banning the media from practice?

Started by codeHog, September 13, 2017, 12:44:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

codeHog

How did cutting out our press from so much contact with the team  help in the TCU game?

How did we shock TCU with top notch secret 'shock and awe' plays on both sides of the ball?

TCU knew pretty much what we were going to do. Maybe we have a janitor that was filming practice for Patterson

PorkRinds

Sed76

Was the media really banned from practice? If so maybe it was to keep it from leaking that our offense is pretty terrible and cause panic.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sed76 on September 13, 2017, 12:46:29 pm
Was the media really banned from practice? If so maybe it was to keep it from leaking that our offense is pretty terrible and cause panic.

No, they weren't banned from practice.

codeHog

Sorry, the ones I know had to bite their lip because they wanted to complain about being locked out so often

lefty08

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 12:58:03 pm
Sorry, the ones I know had to bite their lip because they wanted to complain about being locked out so often

LOL
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

al_pigcino

TCU?  I think we are saving the Annexation of Puerto Rico for the bowl game. 

ricepig

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 12:58:03 pm

Bolin doesn't count as media.....

DeltaBoy

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 12:44:10 pm
How did cutting out our press from so much contact with the team  help in the TCU game?

How did we shock TCU with top notch secret 'shock and awe' plays on both sides of the ball?

TCU knew pretty much what we were going to do. Maybe we have a janitor that was filming practice for Patterson

NONE they seemed to have our playbook.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PORKULATOR

We kept it a secret that we couldn't block we couldn't get off blocks and we can't run to the edge.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Malvin

They weren't trying to prevent TCU from seeing who they are, they were trying to prevent the fans from seeing it.

PorkRinds

They're doing what most of the other teams around the country are doing.

codeHog

it was a serious question.....did you see anything new? Anything that TCU said WOW, we had not practiced against that

PorkRinds

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 02:37:07 pm
it was a serious question.....did you see anything new? Anything that TCU said WOW, we had not practiced against that

Hard to take it seriously when the media wasn't banned from practice.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Malvin on September 13, 2017, 01:57:32 pm
They weren't trying to prevent TCU from seeing who they are, they were trying to prevent the fans from seeing it.

There's a thought--the GAME should have been closed to fans!

factchecker

Didn't ban the media from anything.

They were at every practice for a limited time.  They also were allowed in for the scrimmages.

The only team I know that "banned" the media was LSU.

Nice try though.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lakecityhog

Banned is probably the wrong word. But, they basically were allowed to see the warm-ups and 1 or 2 periods of practice.

Maybe some of the media types can fill us in on the actual amount of actual practice that they were allowed to see on a regular basis??

hobhog

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 13, 2017, 04:35:01 pm
Banned is probably the wrong word. But, they basically were allowed to see the warm-ups and 1 or 2 periods of practice.

Maybe some of the media types can fill us in on the actual amount of actual practice that they were allowed to see on a regular basis??

Limited media presence is standard practice across country due to the evils of social media. There are plenty of things to whine about. This isn't one of them....

alohawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2017, 01:46:34 pm
NONE they seemed to have our playbook.

Every pee wee team in America has our playbook from that game.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

codeHog

okay, every freaking media member sat in the coaches office and made up the game plan :)

Say what you want and how you feel good saying it but I do know that different media types have bristled at fans questions because they said they did not know, they were only limited to warmups and a few plays. THEY said they did not get to see much of the serious practice. Banned means something to you that it did not mean to me.

Anyway, my point was, they acted like they were working on top secret stuff and I was wondering what we saw in the game that looked like anything that we did not see in the three games before this one

nwahogfan1

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 12:44:10 pm

LOL.   I agree with your comments but I am afraid the days of opening more practices is over.

HawgLife

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 04:56:24 pm
Anyway, my point was, they acted like they were working on top secret stuff and I was wondering what we saw in the game that looked like anything that we did not see in the three games before this one

You've obviously seen more than the rest of us.

PorkRinds

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 04:56:24 pm
okay, every freaking media member sat in the coaches office and made up the game plan :)

Say what you want and how you feel good saying it but I do know that different media types have bristled at fans questions because they said they did not know, they were only limited to warmups and a few plays. THEY said they did not get to see much of the serious practice. Banned means something to you that it did not mean to me.

They were introducing an entire new defense. Did you not see that?

Hawgphish

We did ban the media because we did not want the world to know that we actually practice.

codeHog

again....what did we see that was not a basic 3-4?

Did we see a lot of surprise blitz?

It is not a big deal but just watching the game, I did not see anything that TCU would have been surprised at

bvillepig

It looked to me that when we went to three wideouts on the same side of the field Nash was uncovered. I only saw that set one other time that I remember.

Hollywood870

How they could run it up the middle the entire game and win. Secret's out now. Wasn't a secret last year either.

PorkRinds

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 05:53:26 pm

It is not a big deal but just watching the game, I did not see anything that TCU would have been surprised at

I see. When someone actually answers your question you just ask it again and pretend it wasn't answered. This game isn't fun anymore.

jgphillips3

We hid from them how truly horrible we were.  However, they had that figured out by the 3rd quarter when their d-backs were essentially sitting in lawn chairs knowing we couldn't hit a receiver and the box was loaded.

hoglady

Practice prior to the Florida A&M game wasn't closed - the SEC Network guys said they watched it.
Commented that the offense was "off" and Allen and the receivers were never in sync.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

codeHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 07:59:43 pm
I see. When someone actually answers your question you just ask it again and pretend it wasn't answered. This game isn't fun anymore.
I replied to your answer........but I did not think it was adequate :)

al_pigcino

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 05:53:26 pm

I think we run more of a 2-5 defense.  Our NG is a step in front of where a MLB would be.

jcharkansas

When Bobby P was here we were able to get more practice reports than we can get now so something has changed. Every practice had alot of info on how guys looked but not so much now days.

codeHog

I noticed that

What ever they were doing behind closed doors was not working saturday.
Maybe the coaches are great and the players really did go out and screw up

HawgLife

Quote from: jcharkansas on September 14, 2017, 08:34:33 am
When Bobby P was here we were able to get more practice reports than we can get now so something has changed. Every practice had alot of info on how guys looked but not so much now days.

You sure about that?

"Bobby Petrino's first season at Arkansas wasn't a lot different from previous coaches at Arkansas with regard to access to the program by the media and the fans. Spring ball in 2008 was pretty much open to everyone although videotaping was restricted to the first 20 minutes.

August camp that year was open for the first two weeks and then the gates were shut as Petrino and his staff geared up for the season opener.

Four seasons later the policy is a lot more restrictive. Fans and the media were allowed to view the first two practices this spring.  The two Saturday scrimmages are open and of course the Red-White game.

That's it."

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

codeHog

when some media get asked how so and so looked at practice....they said they did not get to see enough to evaluate,

Seems nobody can tell for sure if Anderson is playing guys that are not doing good in practice

HossHog

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 02:37:07 pm
our defense

PorkRinds

Quote from: codeHog on September 14, 2017, 05:41:44 pm
when some media get asked how so and so looked at practice....they said they did not get to see enough to evaluate,

Seems nobody can tell for sure if Anderson is playing guys that are not doing good in practice

One would have to be quite the moron to think he's playing guys that aren't doing well in practice.