Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

coacheshotseat.com - Bret at #7

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 13, 2017, 11:37:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

http://coacheshotseat.com/chsblog/archives/2960

Bret is #7. My question is, does anyone follow this site much? If so, how accurate are they at predicting coaching changes with their hot seat ranking? I have never looked at it until today so I know zero about it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 13, 2017, 11:37:15 am

Bret is #7. My question is, does anyone follow this site much? If so, how accurate are they at predicting coaching changes with their hot seat ranking? I have never looked at it until today so I know zero about it.
i love the write-up. SCATHING. Long gets roasted.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HotlantaHog

It's a great write-up and correctly blasts JL.

The correct question for the Arkansas media for Long is not what is CBB's future (unknowable and a question to be dodged) but why did you agree on a $15 million buyout which is tops in the U.S. for a coach whose record was fine at the time but not super exceptional?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 13, 2017, 11:37:43 am
i love the write-up. SCATHING. Long gets roasted.
I just finished reading the entire write up on Bielema. Bielema's Waterloo (or The Citadel) could be homecoming game vs Coastal Carolina. That is a game we could easily lose. If he loses that, the fanbase would literally explode. Even if he wins it, if it is another nail biter like last year's first game of the year vs La Tech, both average fans and big money donors will be beyond unsettled.

Interesting to me is their season prediction. Same as mine at 6-6. Path to 6-6 at this point is not easy even assuming Hogs win 2 remaining non-conf games. Who do they beat in SEC play...Ole Miss and SC on the road and Missouri and Miss St at home. No team in the SEC is an easy out for Arkansas this year with weak skill players on offense and same below average pass blocking and pass rush on both lines.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hoggish1

Somebody explain why the Florida coach is only 30.  I think his seat will be hotter than a firecracker by the end of this year.

HotlantaHog

I
Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 13, 2017, 11:51:36 am
Somebody explain why the Florida coach is only 30.  I think his seat will be hotter than a firecracker by the end of this year.
It's year 3 and he's following a guy who did worse -- and there is not an obvious hire who would do better.

Mo_Better_Hogs

To me, this is the big OUCH--

Mississippi State:  1 – 3
Texas A&M:  0 – 4

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 13, 2017, 11:56:49 am
and there is not an obvious hire who would do better.
That old chestnut again? Really?

Calling All Hogs

Is there a website for ADs on the hot seat?

247Hog

Every time i see a picture of Kliff Kingsbury, i wanna slap those stupid sunglasses off. Do i need anger management?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Tejano Jawg

Just looking at Bielema's SEC winning percentage—an ugly .313.

For him to be .500, he needed to have won 6 more SEC games. Where could those have come from?...the narrow losses such as the first 2 A&M games, Bama in 2014 (by 1), Miss State in 2015 (by 1), Mizzou in 2014 (lost on the QB tuck/ear hole call), maybe LSU in Bielema's first year.

To get 7 more wins, which would equal Petrino's .531, I don't know where that additional game would have come from. That's a big stretch. We're a long way from where we want to be.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

GoHogs1091

Just shows you the level of coaching mediocrity there is in the SEC.

5 of the 30 are SEC Coaches.  The SEC is really a mediocre conference in regards to the head coaching.

It is basically just Saban and Mullin, and the rest is mediocrity.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 13, 2017, 12:47:06 pm
I sense a business opportunity, though the business model might need some work.

hobhog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 13, 2017, 12:47:06 pm

You wouldn't like it. Long not on it.

buldozer

farmhawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 13, 2017, 02:20:33 pm
Just shows you the level of coaching mediocrity there is in the SEC.

5 of the 30 are SEC Coaches.  The SEC is really a mediocre conference in regards to the head coaching.

It is basically just Saban and Mullin, and the rest is mediocrity.
So Brett is not doing well in a down conference. Geez.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Slater

The new guy at Baylor is not close to hot seat status, this list is weird
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

presidenthog

Quote from: farmhawg on September 21, 2017, 11:26:04 pm
So Brett is not doing well in a down conference. Geez.

Exactly. We should be winning 9-10 games if we weren't such a joke.

I wish everyone else wasn't going to fire thier coach this year, because we can't out bid most in the market.

Inhogswetrust

Does anyone follow the site you ask. It's only been linked here over the years about 100 times.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 13, 2017, 12:39:21 pm
That old chestnut again? Really?

Well, you do have to have a plan in place. It's like quitting yoir job, it's a good idea to have the next one lined up.

The Boar War

Quote from: Slater on September 21, 2017, 11:46:07 pm
The new guy at Baylor is not close to hot seat status, this list is weird

Not when you look at the context of who's going to coach at Rape U.  Plus he's in year one of a seven year contract.

DeltaBoy

Lose to TAMU and it going to be hotter than a Blast Furnace on his backside.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Overall:  6 – 6

SEC:  3 – 5

Could Bret Bielema survive putting up the above records in his FIFTH season on the job at Arkansas considering he would have a buyout north of $15 Million Dollars if fired?

Not a chance in Hell nor would Arkansas AD Jeff Long with both of them being run out of Fayetteville on a rail by the middle of December!

With a 6-6 record, there's a really good chance that both are here next year.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

IronHog

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on September 13, 2017, 12:37:59 pm
To me, this is the big OUCH--

Mississippi State:  1 – 3
Texas A&M:  0 – 4

What's sad is BBs teams won everywhere but the scoreboard in about 6 of those games.

Guy just couldn't close now it's turned on him 😐
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

DLUXHOG

Well, simply put, it's their opinion.   And opinions are like azzholes...  everyone has one....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 22, 2017, 06:40:44 am
Does anyone follow the site you ask. It's only been linked here over the years about 100 times.
Until last month, I haven't logged into Hogville in over 2 1/2 years.