Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The one word Bielema stressed this off season

Started by codeHog, September 12, 2017, 10:23:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

codeHog

FINISH.
Now check out some August 27th quotes

"Our kids have been great," Bielema said. "They've owned and embraced what we didn't do well at the end of the year, focused on what we can do well.
"We're going to focus on winning games in the second half, not losing them, putting our best personnel on the field, no matter how that comes about, and then really trying to play and understand what it means to be at Arkansas and have that come through."

Allen worked extensively in the summer with a group of receivers that has virtually no past performance.

"Obviously we've had a lot of chances to practice and walk through and rep things, so I think everybody's getting very comfortable where they're supposed to be and what they're doing. I would have to say I'm very pleased with where we're at right now...."  said Enos
----------------------------
Razorbacks coach Bret Bielema said the players have "owned and embraced" what went wrong in those two games.
Quarterback Austin Allen said the collapses supplied plenty of motivation during offseason workouts.
"We might think we are done, but then we run another four or five sprints and things like that," Allen said. "We are putting in a lot of extra film work, especially in the summer when it is a lot of player-led stuff. Going back and watching the second half of the Missouri game and the Tech game, it just steams me and really has driven us this offseason."
------------------------------
Bielema said "I know where we're going," Bielema said. "It hasn't been as fast as everyone wants."
--------------------
After the Missouri game......
For now, it seems Bielema won't be finished with this loss to Missouri until he sees his Razorbacks finish an opponent.

"What I believe in is finishing," Bielema said in Columbia. Finishing the season, finishing the game, finishing the drive, finishing the series, and finishing the play. And we weren't able to do that today and that's really frustrating."

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

codeHog

If he had left his kicker on the bench where he belonged ....(WHY would you not go for TDs when your offense was doing so bad and you might not get another chance?)....then even if we failed on 4th down TCU would have twice started with their QB in the end zone instead of getting to start on the 20

So many basic things gone wrong

HardCore

Quote from: codeHog on September 12, 2017, 10:37:39 pm
If he had left his kicker on the bench where he belonged ....(WHY would you not go for TDs when your offense was doing so bad and you might not get another chance?)....then even if we failed on 4th down TCU would have twice started with their QB in the end zone instead of getting to start on the 20

So simple.....there was probably not a fan in those stands not thinking the exact same thing.  The roll out bootleg run/pass option was stupid on 3rd and 2 in that area of the field.  Then kicking on fourth down.  That was basically at the end of the 3rd Quarter....play to win.  He still doesn't have that killer instinct.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Ironhawg

Quote from: HardCore on September 12, 2017, 11:09:10 pm
So simple.....there was probably not a fan in those stands not thinking the exact same thing.  The roll out bootleg run/pass option was stupid on 3rd and 2 in that area of the field.  Then kicking on fourth down.  That was basically at the end of the 3rd Quarter....play to win.  He still doesn't have that killer instinct.

Maybe he has no faith whatsoever in the o-line to punch the ball in?

HardCore

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 12, 2017, 11:26:20 pm
Maybe he has no faith whatsoever in the o-line to punch the ball in?
That's not a great sign when the offensive line was going to be his bread & butter

codeHog

still not clear that it is all on the OL

How can 5 men block 7 defenders?

If TCU knew what we were going to run based on tendencies....then this is on Enos and Allen (plus Bielema) more than the OL

DeltaBoy

TCU knew what was coming and it showed. Enos refused to adapt.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

buldozer

I personally don't care what CBB says anymore because it doesn't matter as none of it seems to be true or relevant. It is obvious the team does not care what he says either! He apparently lost the respect of the team when they gave up in those three games last season (Auburn, MO & VT) and at the end of the TCU game last weekend. Now much of the fan base has lost respect for him as well. He should cancel all of his press conferences and concentrate on coaching..... something I have yet to see him do much of on the sideline

hawgdavis

I don't know why we should expect anything different from a CBB coached team. They always struggle the first 2 or 3 games and then it looks like the get some things figured out that should have already been figured out. I'm not sure this year though I don't think they will turn it around, the teams "body language" is just saying something completely different. I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong but we may struggle to win 2 more this year.

Redhogs

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 13, 2017, 08:22:28 am
I don't know why we should expect anything different from a CBB coached team. They always struggle the first 2 or 3 games and then it looks like the get some things figured out that should have already been figured out. I'm not sure this year though I don't think they will turn it around, the teams "body language" is just saying something completely different. I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong but we may struggle to win 2 more this year.
He will win just enough to keep the excuse makers in business.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

oldhog63

Quote from: codeHog on September 12, 2017, 10:37:39 pm

That is so hindsight is 20/20. If you can't make 3 yards in 3 trys, then probably not going to do it on the 4th try. Take your 3 points and go play defense.

That was before your supposedly #1 kicker missed two chip shots. Now, the whole mentality changes for the rest of the season. Will probably go for it on 4th down when it is an obvious field goal situation.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2017, 08:13:49 am

Yep. When replaying the game, there were times every TCU defender was visible in the TV Frame. They had no respect for the pass, and we could not match the numbers on the run. We had them right where they wanted us.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

codeHog

Hedlund can't kick FGs against TCU.......killed our soul two years in a row :)

codeHog

Bielema is currently the auto mechanic that you keep taking your car back to and each time he says.."Now I think I found what was wrong. It is ready to go." but it is not really ever fixed.

Can't believe nobody has come up with the perfect place for our coach........in the booth.

Seriously, he does nothing on the sidelines but look dumb so hide him away (put him with food and drink) and let the coaches work like crazy running the game

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: codeHog on September 13, 2017, 07:58:22 am
still not clear that it is all on the OL

How can 5 men block 7 defenders?

If TCU knew what we were going to run based on tendencies....then this is on Enos and Allen (plus Bielema) more than the OL
Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2017, 08:13:49 am

This and this.

I was at the game, and have watched the first half recording. Not obvious the first time was 'why?' But seeing the game 'live,' you sure could tell when a RB got tackled, it was by 3 white-shirt players. Or more. Seeing it on TV, with the ability to hit the pause button, you can understand more. The TCU numbers in on every play were insurmountable.

Where was our guy in the pressbox phoning this in to Enos? We just kept doing the same thing over and over. Sure we'd mix in a pass play, but those weren't effective. TCU is always going to have a good secondary. Watch the second quarter. You'll see one of our receivers with a Frog on his hip pad, and a deep route receiver with TWO or THREE Frogs on him.

So, they had the line of scrimmage covered tight. And they weren't giving up the deep ball. Hmmm, what does that leave? Several things—runs wide, pass to TEs, pass to RBs, maybe some routes more shallow than a fly route. We should have lived all day behind their linebackers.

As for the subject of "finishing" I don't think this really applies here. It wasn't like a second half turnaround. We were done right after we hit the TD pass.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork