Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Arkansas Have a QB Edge vs. A&M?

Started by Mike Irwin, September 18, 2017, 09:28:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

bphi11ips

Kellen Mond has looked like an IMG/247 beauty pageant winner except in the second half against ULL.  Lamar Jackson he is not. 

Austin Allen needs to stop thinking and play.  Jerry's World may be just what he needs.  Might be just what the team needs for that matter. 

I'm more worried about A&M's big offensive line and Keith Ford than Mond.  Trayveon Williams is listed as questionable.  If he's healthy A&M is likely to play us just like TCU did - try and beat us at our own game.  Chavis always loads the box against Arkansas.  Someone is going to have to get behind the defense for the Hogs.  They usually do against the Aggies.

Hogs should take out a little frustration in Arlington and win going away.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PORKULATOR

We always do. We just don't have an edge at speed, DE, WR, Special teams, bad calls in favor of, Offensive tackle, Arrests, Qb rushing yards, or luck
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BroyledNutts

The QB that plays with the most maturity and poise under duress will win the game for his team.

DeltaBoy

Allen should lead the Hogs to victory !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jackflash

razorsharptusk

Quote from: jackflash on September 19, 2017, 09:08:46 am
lets wait and see which Allen shows up

This.  If the Allen that holds the ball to long and looks indecisive when throwing the ball shows up, let's put in Cole and see what happens.  Else we will just look like we did against TCU and it won't matter regardless.
GO HOGS!!

longtimeHogfan

Our defense is improved.  We played well enough through 3 1/2 quarters to beat TCU if the 'O' had held up their end of the bargain.  If the 'D' can keep Mond in 3rd & long and then 3-n-out situations, I think we win this game.  But, I'm an incurable optimist.  Most times.  Sometimes.  Once in awhile.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Pigsknuckles

TCU crashed our ends with impunity. They were in our backfield so quick they could literally take the hand off. If not blowing us up behind the line on runs, they had Allen running for his life. They loaded the box against us knowing they could get to Allen before anyone could get open. TCU showed Sumlin how to stop us. The OL has to step up, receivers have to get open quick, and Allen has to simply play. Runs cannot be slow developing. Hand offs 4 yards back of the line will only give the defense time to fill gaps, and set the edge. First downs are key to keeping our D off the field. Our 3rd down conversion stats against TCU were abysmal.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

swineology

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 19, 2017, 09:30:45 am
This.  If the Allen that holds the ball to long and looks indecisive when throwing the ball shows up, let's put in Cole and see what happens.  Else we will just look like we did against TCU and it won't matter regardless.

CBB would never do this unless AA can't walk