Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things we will hear from Bret today...

Started by rhames, September 13, 2017, 07:26:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

September 13, 2017, 07:26:43 am Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:23:34 am by rhames
"I've never been around a group of guys so eager to learn after losing"

"The reception and willingness to get better has been unreal"

"I think, in a very weird way, the loss was a positive thing. If we had beat TCU guys would be walking around pounding  thier cheat. Not eager to learn "

"Our oline has looked like a completely different unit"

"No one was late to any meetings "
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Inhogswetrust

Things any coach will say for $1,000 Alex.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The Boar War

At this point, honestly after the Missouri and VT losses, it doesn't really matter what he "says" anymore.  He's been able to say the right thing since the opening press conference.  I have to see it.

hogcard1964

buldozer

Hog Fans are tired of excuses and don't care who takes responsibility any more. Win or quit!

rhames

Quote from: The Boar War on September 13, 2017, 07:52:00 am
At this point, honestly after the Missouri and VT losses, it doesn't really matter what he "says" anymore.  He's been able to say the right thing since the opening press conference.  I have to see it.

Well yeah. That was the point I was going for.

Should have tilted it "Things Bret will say that done mean much"

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

The Boar War

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 07:54:19 am

Well yeah. That was the point I was going for.

Should have tilted it "Things Bret will say that done mean much"

I know what you meant.  I just wanted to come out and "set the edge".

jst01

Quote from: The Boar War on September 13, 2017, 07:52:00 am

He's a pro talker. Amateur doer.

Athog

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 07:26:43 am

"I think, in a very weird way, the loss was a positive thing. If we has beat TCU guys would be walking around pounding  thier cheat. Not eager to learn "

What could he say that would make you happy!
If he said nothing you would think up something cute to post. For
The time being he is the coach so pump the brakes and try to be a Razorback fan!!

rhames

Quote from: Athog on September 13, 2017, 07:59:50 am

What could he say that would make you happy!
If he said nothing you would think up something cute to post. For
The time being he is the coach so pump the brakes and try to be a Razorback fan!!

I am a razorback fan. I also don't have to try and be cute. Comes pretty natural.

Maybe you should lighten up and try to find the humor in our situation.

Kevin

we have reacted well after the loss
we are continuing to evaluate what we are doing.
we are trying some different personnel at certain positions

then when we play a&m, it will be the same depth chart.

talk, talk, talk
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jst01 on September 13, 2017, 07:57:06 am

Are you talking about our head coach or the president?

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 08:03:01 am

I am a razorback fan. I also don't have to try and be cute. Comes pretty natural.

Maybe you should lighten up and try to find the humor in our situation.
I am not cute at all and don't try to be, but I want a winning coach and those that are happy with a loser are pseudo Hog fans.

DeltaBoy

Talk is cheap he needs to beat TAMU next week.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgdavis

I hope he doesn't say much of anything and that they go out and win out the remaining schedule. That's all he can do IMO that will prove to me that he can get it done. Talk is cheap I want to see it happen. I could probably swallow a loss to Bama but they need to win the rest. I know it's setting the bar pretty high but that what I think must happen anything short of that he needs to talk his talk somewhere else.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 13, 2017, 08:07:25 am
I am not cute at all and don't try to be, but I want a winning coach and those that are happy with a loser are pseudo Hog fans.

Because I shot your idiotic idea of brining chip Kelly in to be secret coach while we keep Bret means I'm happy?

jkstock04

"I think, in a very weird way, the loss was a positive thing. If we has beat TCU guys would be walking around pounding  thier cheat. Not eager to learn "

One thing Ill never forget...after he lost to LSU his 1st year he said something similar to this. I was stunned...of course then it was the honeymoon period so everyone thought it was great. But, for me I couldn't believe what I had heard.

The guy literally said it was probably best that we went ahead and lost that game. If y'all remember it was a winnable game...another game we SHOULD have won. Another Les Miles special giveaway for the taking. That was the first time I had ever heard a coach say that losing the game was a better thing...that's insane. Even Nutt would never have done that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Redhogs

Quote from: Kevin on September 13, 2017, 08:20:44 am
we are not a win at all cost program
"Don't let go of the rope".....no wait........
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Polecat

What time is the press conference? Can't wait to hear all the tough questions from the Incestuous Razorback Press Clique
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

greenEGnHAWGS

These threads kill me. I guarantee CBB would prefer to not HAVE to talk at PCs. Yet It's like certain Razorback fans hear there's a press conference, they get giddy to run to HV so they can make the obligatory "talk is cheap...just win" posts.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rhames

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 13, 2017, 08:41:37 am
These threads kill me. I guarantee CBB would prefer to not HAVE to talk at PCs. Yet It's like certain Razorback fans hear there's a press conference, they get giddy to run to HV so they can make the obligatory "talk is cheap...just win" posts.

I'm pretty sure Bret loves to talk.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 13, 2017, 08:41:37 am

That's what he had to do to get this silly and expensive contract. Press Conferences.

Unfortunately that's what we get from his contract, press conferences on what the coaches are doing to fix the problems from the last game.

So much stuff to fix from the last game that they have a hard time working on the next game.
This is my non-signature signature.

HoggieStyle

Coachspeak.

It's like Nutty without that Nutt drawl.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 13, 2017, 09:07:25 am
That's what he had to do to get this silly and expensive contract. Press Conferences.

Unfortunately that's what we get from his contract, press conferences on what the coaches are doing to fix the problems from the last game.

So much stuff to fix from the last game that they have a hard time working on the next game.

Ooooh...I thought it his Rose Bowl wins and winning record. Or his smashmouth football and players in the NFL that got him this contract. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know it was his press conferences that got it for him.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

TNhawgfan

"I'm going to take over special teams myself, and we will get this fixed."
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 13, 2017, 08:07:05 am
Are you talking about our head coach or the president?

He is talking about our coach,   because Bielema doesn't have a congress to prevent of him being a doer.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Redhogs

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 13, 2017, 09:22:54 am
Ooooh...I thought it his Rose Bowl wins and winning record. Or his smashmouth football and players in the NFL that got him this contract. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know it was his press conferences that got it for him.
He won no Rose Bowls...lost em all. Just to be accurate.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Ironhawg

"I think, in a very weird way, the loss was a positive thing. If we had beat TCU guys would be walking around pounding  thier cheat. Not eager to learn "

The o-line is working on how to strain.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 13, 2017, 08:12:36 am
I hope he doesn't say much of anything and that they go out and win out the remaining schedule. That's all he can do IMO that will prove to me that he can get it done. Talk is cheap I want to see it happen. I could probably swallow a loss to Bama but they need to win the rest. I know it's setting the bar pretty high but that what I think must happen anything short of that he needs to talk his talk somewhere else.
WAIT....WAIT........WAIT. Give me a sec to digest this. So you're saying Bielema should get fired if he doesn't go 11-2?! Not sure what you're smoking over there but feel free to share with the class   :D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

"Everyone made it to class on Monday."

"Looking forward to playing A&M. They are a great team a well coached team. It will be a real challenge for our guys but I think we are up to it." 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 13, 2017, 09:41:18 am
The o-line is working on how to strain.

So what you are trying to say is that they are gonna practice in the latrine?

That's thinking outside the box.

Kevin

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Kevin on September 13, 2017, 09:59:20 am
why talk on a bye week?

lol. I wonder.

guess he thinks he can explain it away after watching the video.

Prolly gonna talk about the overreaction to Hedlund.

Will tell us good things are comin, if we only could see what he sees.

We have to play with an edge, set an edge and get off of the edge.

jgphillips3

"They are really bouncing around out there."

Großer Kriegschwein

"This one's on me"

"We need to put players in position where they can be successful."

swinemaster

A Mike Leach style press conference would do wonders for our fan base. Go watch his latest one after they won last week vs. Boise ST.  Hilarious.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: swinemaster on September 13, 2017, 10:22:22 am
A Mike Leach style press conference would do wonders for our fan base. Go watch his latest one after they won last week vs. Boise ST.  Hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU_qEQLIsXA

I would ride with a coach like that win or lose.

3:48 mark and 9:45 mark to hear him "grade" his O-Line!  ;D
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2017, 08:09:23 am
Talk is cheap he needs to beat TAMU next week.

Short but soooooo true.  Hopefully the Hogs win and for one week we can all exhale and revel in the victory.  Lort help us if the boys should lose, HV will erupt and I don't think it will be sunshine pumpin posts on HV MMQB.  MODS stand-by for nuclear meltdown if the latter comes to fruition. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 13, 2017, 10:41:51 am
I wonder how many fans he blocked on twitter last weekend?

I wonder if he blocked Bo Mattingly? lol.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GunnerHawg70

If he was smart, he would not block (unless it was flat an attack on him or his family) and answer the mail as calmly as possible...It would suck because some of you and those others (incl trolls) can be brutal

HogShat

And if he comes out and says, I don't know what is wrong with these kids. On the practice field they are world beaters. In a game, well, they sure have a lot of quit in them. And don't even get me started on kickers. We will go for two period. I hate kickers anyway. Hopefully next year these receivers will all know what a route is. I understand Austins frustration that they just cannot get open. And the O-line... Holy hell what can I say about that train wreck? Hopefully they will fall down in front of someone and trip them. Say, is Skipper starting this weekend?

If he came out and said stuff like that ya'll would be howling like a gut shot Indian. And these are probably thoughts that have gone thru his head!! But instead, he gets them back to work and tries to fix what needs fixing, and goes to a PC that I'd bet given the choice between it and a colonoscopy it would be a no brainer. Some of you guys actually talk and act like HE wants to fail. How many of you get up and go to work each morning wanting to fail? What if you were doing your dead level best and some [CENSORED] is over behind the watercooler talking more crap about you than a 2 dollar radio? How does that help you? Wouldn't you like to have his support instead? Some of you forkers are just flat out mean, and wouldn't be satisfied with anything. I've wasted enough of my breath... I feel somewhat better after venting from all the bs I have read on here the last few days. Lighten up. They are kids and it is a game. I am leaving in an hour to go support my friend as he buries his 16 year old son, who was the starting QB on my sons JV team. How much does the Hogs getting beat matter in the grand freakin scheme of things? Not very dadgum much.... Find some happiness somewhere. Hug your kids, tell someone you love them while you can... It can change in an instant...

gchamblee

Quote from: jst01 on September 13, 2017, 07:57:06 am

Pro talker, Pro doer, good coach. He has done more than any of us here. I know I've never had a 14m buyout for anything I have ever done so that qualifies as a Pro doer.

gchamblee

Quote from: Polecat on September 13, 2017, 08:39:53 am
What time is the press conference? Can't wait to hear all the tough questions from the Incestuous Razorback Press Clique

Our media members are guilty of incest?

jgphillips3

Quote from: HogShat on September 13, 2017, 11:06:01 am
And if he comes out and says, I don't know what is wrong with these kids. On the practice field they are world beaters. In a game, well, they sure have a lot of quit in them. And don't even get me started on kickers. We will go for two period. I hate kickers anyway. Hopefully next year these receivers will all know what a route is. I understand Austins frustration that they just cannot get open. And the O-line... Holy hell what can I say about that train wreck? Hopefully they will fall down in front of someone and trip them. Say, is Skipper starting this weekend?

If he came out and said stuff like that ya'll would be howling like a gut shot Indian. And these are probably thoughts that have gone thru his head!! But instead, he gets them back to work and tries to fix what needs fixing, and goes to a PC that I'd bet given the choice between it and a colonoscopy it would be a no brainer. Some of you guys actually talk and act like HE wants to fail. How many of you get up and go to work each morning wanting to fail? What if you were doing your dead level best and some [CENSORED] is over behind the watercooler talking more crap about you than a 2 dollar radio? How does that help you? Wouldn't you like to have his support instead? Some of you forkers are just flat out mean, and wouldn't be satisfied with anything. I've wasted enough of my breath... I feel somewhat better after venting from all the bs I have read on here the last few days. Lighten up. They are kids and it is a game. I am leaving in an hour to go support my friend as he buries his 16 year old son, who was the starting QB on my sons JV team. How much does the Hogs getting beat matter in the grand freakin scheme of things? Not very dadgum much.... Find some happiness somewhere. Hug your kids, tell someone you love them while you can... It can change in an instant...

My condolences on your friends loss.  That is truly more important than any sporting event.  On your first paragraph though, I'd actually be delighted if he said that and wouldn't rip him in the least.  Spurrier-esque is what comes to mind when I read that.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 13, 2017, 07:30:26 am
Things any coach will say for $1,000 Alex.

I thought that was the Final Jeopardy answer?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Probably until he got tired of blocking, else he would still be busy working on that task today.

cal34

Usually around Thursday during a bye week after a loss they will start getting practice reports on the radio shows. Happens every time.

That's where they will tell us how great the team looks & how focused they are.  Bert probably won't say much since he has people doing the sunshine pumping on tv and radio.